A Chronologically Arranged Compilation of Unpublished Revelations

I have prepared an exhaustive and chronological compilation of LDS Revelations that have not been canonized or published in the Book of Doctrine and Covenants or the Pearl of Great Price. The Compilation can be found here:

https://lizziesnauvoo.blogspot.com/2022/02/a-chronologically-arranged-compilation.html

If there are any revelations that you know of that I have been unaware of and did not include, please let me know. I would love to update and expand this compilation if new revelations come to light.

Not included in the compilation are the following writings, and for the following reasons:

- A Brigham Young revelation on the African Priesthood Ban: I do not affirm the divine authenticity of this revelation.

- Several revelations from the Diary of H.C.K:  I do not affirm the divine authenticity of these revelations, and some may have slipped my recollection.

-  Sarah Ann Whitney Revelation on Polygamous Marriage:  I do not affirm the divine authenticity of this revelation, and looking at the document's provenance, I see no compelling reason to believe this revelation was actually authored by Joseph Smith, either.

- The April 7th 1841 Revelation: I am not currently compelled to believe in the authenticity of this document as something which was actually authored by Joseph Smith.

For transparency and historical records, I will however attach these omitted revelations in a post below.

I also do not include, and will not attach, the following:

- Revelations from other sects: I included only revelations held by the LDS Church under Joseph Smith, and the Brighamite Church- and revelations dictated by their leaders. I do not include revelations held or alleged by other sects,

- Visions & Patriarchal Blessings: I do not generally include revelations held in visionary accounts, as documentations of visions are extensive and this would honestly qualify as a whole separate project of its own. The same applies to patriarchal blessings.

I hope that this compilation will serve to be of beneficial use as a record of historical information, interesting information, theological dissertation, and spiritual upliftment and edification. 

Interesting site.  Good to see them compiled.

Attached Alleged Revelations I did NOT Include in my Compilation:

Brigham Young Revelation:

" Now then in the kingdom of God on the earth, a man who has has the African blood in him cannot hold one jot nor tittle of priesthood; Why? because they are the true eternal principals the Lord Almighty has ordained, and who can help it, men cannot. the angels cannot, and all the powers of earth and hell cannot take it off, but thus saith the Eternal I am, what I am, I take it off at my pleasure, and not one particle of power can that posterity of Cain have, until the time comes the says he will have it taken away."

Sarah Whitney Revelation:

"Verily, thus saith the Lord unto my servant Newel K. Whitney, the thing that my servant Joseph Smith has made known unto you and your family and which you have agreed upon, is right in mine eyes, and shall be crowned upon your heads with honor and immortality and eternal life to all your house both old and young. Because of the lineage of my Priesthood, saith the Lord, it shall be upon you and upon your children after you from generation to generation, by virtue of the holy promise which I now make unto you, saith the Lord. These are the words which you shall pronounce upon my servant Joseph and your daughter S. A. Sarah Ann Whitney: They shall take each other by the hand, and you shall say, You both mutually agree (calling them by name) to be each other’s companion so long as you both shall live, preserving yourselves for each other and from all others, and also throughout eternity, reserving only those rights which have been given to my servant Joseph by revelation and commandment and by legal authority in times past. If you both agree to covenant and do this, I then give you, S. A. Whitney, my daughter, to Joseph Smith, to be his wife, to observe all the rights between you both that belong to that condition. I do it in my own name and in the name of my wife, your mother, and in the name of my holy progenitors by the right of birth, which is of Priesthood vested in me by revelation, and commandment, and promise of the living God, obtained by the Holy Mechisedek, Jethro, and others of the holy fathers, commanding, in the name of the Lord, all those powers to concentrate in you, and through you to your posterity forever. All these things I do in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, that through this order He may be glorified, and that through the power of anointing, David may reign King over Israel, which shall hereafter be revealed. Let immortality and eternal life henceforth be sealed upon your heads forever and ever."

H.C.K Revelations:

"The Spirit said I should devote my time to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints and I should not be under the Law of Lawless women any more in time as I have fulfilled the Law and now free from Such Spirits, and the said time shall be devoted to the humble and obedient and those that shall listen to my council and shall have faith in my council and shall listen to his law for he is my Servant and I will stand by him and those that will not build him up shall not prosper. I mean those of his house shall not prosper and peace shall not be with them. They shall see sorrow Except they repent. HCK"

"My Son Heber he shall devote his entire time to the cause of God and to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints and he shall not be under the law of Lawless women any more in time as he has fulfilled the law and is now free from such Spirits and the said time shall be devoted to the humble and obedient and those that shall listen."

"In the evening it was told me by the Lord God that Congress of the United Stats would reject the Saints and would not admit us as a State government and force those officers on us by their power. HCK."

"That I Heber should live 25 years if I desired it and should become a mighty man of God in the house of Israel and His power should increase on me more and more."

April 7th Revelation:

"Behold my servant Joseph Smith hath been a true and faithful prophet, seer and revelator to my people and hath suffered many and grievous persecutions, afflictions and sorrows, and he shall in no case lose his reward, and he shall be a great King and Imperial Primate over all Israel; but the time will come when he shall be gathered unto his fathers and another shall take his office. Therefore, thus saith the Lord God, behold my servants Hyrum Smith and Sidney Rigdon shall be prophets, seers and revelators, and first presidents to my people, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, but they shall not officiate nor usurp authority while Joseph yet liveth, yet they shall be with him in the triumvirate, and shall be viceroys in the executive dominion. One of them shall survive Joseph and shall be as Joseph unto my people; yea, he shall be the Imperial Primate to all Israel and over all authorities and ecclesiastical powers, and his counsellors shall be viceroy as in the reign of Joseph; and should I take the other to myself, what is that to thee?

It is not meet that the first presidency thus constituted (the first president being imperial primate, and the councilors, viceroys, and the three composing the triumvirate,) should govern my church and the people with all singular, the plenary, temporal and spiritual powers, prerogative and immunities which appertain to their high and honorable calling, to act as executive of my church and people. Joseph, Hyrum and Sidney are fruitful vines, and in great wisdom shall they establish the saints in a perpetual foundation, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it or them; for as the key of doctrine has been given unto Joseph, so shall the key of conquest be given unto Sidney, and the great key of the father shall be given, and by them the saints shall prevail, and riches and honor, and power and dominion; and great glory shall accrue to them and their posterity after them, for ever and ever. Hearken unto me then my servant John C, Bennett, for my servant Joseph Smith's sake, saith the Lord your God, and show unto my people the pattern shown thee this day, by my servant Joseph Smith, for the organization of my people, and the full establishment of Zion, and seal up this revelation and preserve it while Joseph yet pure and sacred, and at his decease thou shalt give it to him who may be appointed to receive it: to Emma Smith, Amasa Lyman, or George W. Robinson, and the blessings of heaven shall rest upon thee, and he that blesseth thee shall be blessed, and he that curseth thee shall be cursed, for thou art sealed up and shall never fall; but shouldst thou not obey the Lord in this thing, and strictly observe the pattern shown thee by Joseph, for the organization and establishment of the Halcyon Order which excelleth all things before given unto men; or shouldst thou fail in any one thing to make the pattern complete and perfect as Joseph hath received it of me, wrath and indignation shall be poured out upon thee without mixture. Behold the great day of apostasy is at hand, and after the kingdom shall be set up there shall be great wickedness, such as never was before; and my people will reject their prophet and refuse council, and they will set up strange gods, and follow rulers that will usurp authority for filthy lucre's sake. And the apostasy shall be great, and they shall be ruled by twelve horns pushing them to destruction; but the righteous shall be saved, for they shall follow the head, and the presidency shall stand, and the horns shall be lopped off; and there shall be wars and commotions, but be not troubled, for many of the apostasy will turn to God, and he who holdeth the key of conquest shall prevail, and the remnant of my people who follow not that ruler shall be cut off from the true fold. Israel shall be rejected of their great wickedness and their abominations, for the cup of their iniquity is full, and their great city shall be destroyed, and the people shall be scattered and driven; but the true church shall be gathered to a delightsome city, and afterwards many will go unto the land that I will tell them of by my servants the prophets in that day-a land flowing with milk and honey. Thy wife Emma shall be great, for she holdeth records and a great key of knowledge that the apostasy know not of, and by it she shall have great power, for she will yet humble herself before that prophet, who shall rule in those days, and he shall lift her up, and all the saints shall bless her. Her diadem shall be brighter than the gems of Egypt, and a host shall follow her council.

The glory of Zion doth not yet appear, for the kingdom that shall be set up shall be dissolved, and the kingdom holding the new keys shall prevail; and her illuminati, and her princes and her dukes, and her mighty men, and her valiant men, and her nobles, and all her faithful ones shall be prophets, priests, and kings to me, and they shall be decorated with gems and costly array, with diadems and great glory. The pattern of things is perfect, and the halcyons shall all be accepted, and most of the men whose names are given in the pattern shall be faithful and true, and they shall be great in the earth, and my servant, the prophet, holding the key of conquest, shall consummate all these things, and all who will not hearken to the voice of that king shall be cut off from amongst my people; for iniquity shall not prevail over righteousness and virtue; but the abominable, and they that do wickedly, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy. Stand still, therefore, and obey God. Cease to do evil and learn to do well; for all these things shall come to pass in this generation. So mote it be. Amen.

Nauvoo, III, April 7, 1841. To whom it may concern:

This is to certify that Gen. John C. Bennett, having promised me, under a most solemn oath this day, that he will faithfully preserve the within revelation, and hand it over to an authorized agent of the church, should he survive me. I have communicated to him the full pattern in whole and in part, as within alluded to, with the names of the men whom I desire to fill the alternate stations, &c. &c. and he has more faithfully to confer all the degrees, or enable some other person to do so, as I have shown him both the pattern and the names. It is my desire that the full organization should take place as soon after my decease as practicable. Given under my hand and seal the day and year above written.

Joseph Smith."

Posted (edited)

I don't know whether this would qualify for your list, but I have long been fascinated by Brigham Young's dream-vision of Joseph Smith as recorded in his journal entry dated February 23, 1847 (and in particular the last two paragraphs):

I met with the brethren of the Twelve in the Historian's office. Conversation ensued relative to emigration westward. I related the following dream:

While sick and asleep about noonday of the 17th inst., I dreamed that I went to see Joseph. He looked perfectly natural, sitting with his feet on the lower round of his chair. I took hold of his right hand and kissed him many times, and said to him: "Why is it that we cannot be together as we used to be? You have been from us a long time, and we want your society and I do not like to be separated from you."

Joseph rising from his chair and looking at me with his usual, earnest, expressive and pleasing countenance replied, "It is all right." I said, "I do not like to be away from you."  Joseph said, "It is all right; we cannot be together yet; we shall be by and by; but you will have to do without me a while, and then we shall be together again."

I then discovered there was a hand rail between us, Joseph stood by a window and to the southwest of him it was very light. I was in the twilight and to the north of me it was very dark. I said, "Brother Joseph, the brethren you know well, better than I do; you raised them up, and brought the Priesthood to us. The brethren have a great anxiety to understand the law of adoption or sealing principles; and if you have a word of counsel for me I should be glad to receive it."

Joseph stepped toward me, and looking very earnestly, yet pleasantly said, "Tell the people to be humble and faithful, and be sure to keep the spirit of the Lord and it will lead them right. Be careful and not turn away the small still voice; it will teach you what to do and where to go; it will yield the fruits of the kingdom. Tell the brethren to keep their hearts open to conviction, so that when the Holy Ghost comes to them, their hearts will be ready to receive it. They can tell the Spirit of the Lord from all other spirits; it will whisper peace and joy to their souls; it will take malice, hatred, strife and all evil from their hearts; and their whole desire will be to do good, bring forth righteousness and build up the kingdom of God. Tell the brethren if they will follow the spirit of the lord they will go right. Be sure to tell the people to keep the Spirit of the Lord; and if they will, they will find themselves just as they were organized by our Father in Heaven before they came into the world. Our Father in Heaven organized the human family, but they are all disorganized and in great confusion."

Joseph then showed me the pattern, how they were in the beginning. This I cannot describe, but I saw it, and saw where the Priesthood had been taken from the earth and how it must be joined together, so that there would be a perfect chain from Father Adam to his latest posterity. Joseph again said, "Tell the people to be sure to keep the Spirit of the Lord and follow it, and it will lead them just right."

Edited by manol
4 minutes ago, manol said:

I don't know whether this would qualify for your list, but I have long been fascinated by Brigham Young's dream-vision of Joseph Smith as recorded in his journal entry dated February 23, 1847 (and in particular the last two paragraphs):

I met with the brethren of the Twelve in the Historian's office. Conversation ensued relative to emigration westward. I related the following dream:

While sick and asleep about noonday of the 17th inst., I dreamed that I went to see Joseph. He looked perfectly natural, sitting with his feet on the lower round of his chair. I took hold of his right hand and kissed him many times, and said to him: "Why is it that we cannot be together as we used to be? You have been from us a long time, and we want your society and I do not like to be separated from you."

Joseph rising from his chair and looking at me with his usual, earnest, expressive and pleasing countenance replied, "It is all right." I said, "I do not like to be away from you."  Joseph said, "It is all right; we cannot be together yet; we shall be by and by; but you will have to do without me a while, and then we shall be together again."

I then discovered there was a hand rail between us, Joseph stood by a window and to the southwest of him it was very light. I was in the twilight and to the north of me it was very dark. I said, "Brother Joseph, the brethren you know well, better than I do; you raised them up, and brought the Priesthood to us. The brethren have a great anxiety to understand the law of adoption or sealing principles; and if you have a word of counsel for me I should be glad to receive it."

Joseph stepped toward me, and looking very earnestly, yet pleasantly said, "Tell the people to be humble and faithful, and be sure to keep the spirit of the Lord and it will lead them right. Be careful and not turn away the small still voice; it will teach you what to do and where to go; it will yield the fruits of the kingdom. Tell the brethren to keep their hearts open to conviction, so that when the Holy Ghost comes to them, their hearts will be ready to receive it. They can tell the Spirit of the Lord from all other spirits; it will whisper peace and joy to their souls; it will take malice, hatred, strife and all evil from their hearts; and their whole desire will be to do good, bring forth righteousness and build up the kingdom of God. Tell the brethren if they will follow the spirit of the lord they will go right. Be sure to tell the people to keep the Spirit of the Lord; and if they will, they will find themselves just as they were organized by our Father in Heaven before they came into the world. Our Father in Heaven organized the human family, but they are all disorganized and in great confusion."

Joseph then showed me the pattern, how they were in the beginning. This I cannot describe, but I saw it, and saw where the Priesthood had been taken from the earth and how it must be joined together, so that there would be a perfect chain from Father Adam to his latest posterity. Joseph again said, "Tell the people to be sure to keep the Spirit of the Lord and follow it, and it will lead them just right."

I did not directly include this because it is a vision, and also is Joseph Smith rather than directly God, but it is certainly a very interesting and edifying record thank you for sharing :)

On 6/1/2022 at 8:56 PM, Jaydes said:

Attached Alleged Revelations I did NOT Include in my Compilation:

" Now then in the kingdom of God on the earth, a man who has has the African blood in him cannot hold one jot nor tittle of priesthood; Why? because they are the true eternal principals the Lord Almighty has ordained, and who can help it, men cannot. the angels cannot, and all the powers of earth and hell cannot take it off, but thus saith the Eternal I am, what I am, I take it off at my pleasure, and not one particle of power can that posterity of Cain have, until the time comes the says he will have it taken away."

I would agree with you as it does not even appear to be a revelation.  It appears to be Brigham giving an opinion on the issue. He also ask the question of why those of African blood can't hold the priesthood and gives the reason that does not really answer the "why".  He might as well have said "just because" and stopped right there. 

53 minutes ago, carbon dioxide said:

I would agree with you as it does not even appear to be a revelation.  It appears to be Brigham giving an opinion on the issue. He also ask the question of why those of African blood can't hold the priesthood and gives the reason that does not really answer the "why".  He might as well have said "just because" and stopped right there. 

The revelation part seems to be considered to be "thus saith the Eternal I am, what I am, I take it off at my pleasure,".
Not very convincing as a revelation, but Brigham would be displaying quite the hubris to state it as opinion using those words.

12 hours ago, carbon dioxide said:

That is by far the larger issue. The Church can not bring itself to disavow such statements without, by the same token, place in jeopardy the "authority" of B. Young and subsequent leaders. However, such "doctrines" have no biblical or historical support. Moses wife, as well as her father were Ethiopians and thus clearly African. His sons were ranked with the Levites although is not clear to what extent they were involved with priesthood duties  (Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Commentary, Vol. I, p. 498, Robert Jamieson).

A relevant character is mentioned in Acts 13:1 as being one of the "prophets and teachers" in the church of Antioch: In the church at Antioch there were prophets and teachers: Barnabas, Simeon called Niger, Lucius of Cyrene, Manaen (who had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch) and Saul. This Simeon was undoubtedly of African descent.

In sum, there is absolutely nothing in terms of revelation from Joseph in regards to the priesthood ban for people of African descent that remained in place under B. Young until the tenure of S.W Kimball. Elijah Able (sometimes spelled Abel or Ables) was an early African-American member of the Church and the best-known of the few black men who were ordained to the priesthood during Joseph Smith’s lifetime. 

Everyone is free to draw their own conclusions given the facts.