The Savior's Embrace

5 hours ago, nuclearfuels said:

Have any of you experienced something like this?

Yes I agree and I have (do not have the writing skills to describe).  Everyone knows the scripture of through a glass darkly 

1 Corinthians 13:12,  however sometimes it is in full colour with all stage lights blazing.

Right now, I feel sort of, "Master, carest thou not that I perish?  How canst Thou lie asleep?"  And "O, God, where art Thou?  And where is the pavilion that covereth Thy hiding place?"  And in response, God, my Heavenly Father, and Christ, my Elder Brother, probably are rolling their eyes :rolleyes: and saying, "God, Ken!" ...  Um, we mean, "Us, Ken!  Geez!  Quit being such a Drama King!" ;) :D;)  ...  And yet ... And yet ...

Yes, there have been times (that I have written about before) in which God, through His Holy Spirit, has spoken Absolute, Complete, and Utter Peace to My Very Soul.

FWIW.  (Sorry, @Kevin Christensen.  I know you've copyrighted those four letters. ;))

15 hours ago, nuclearfuels said:

Recently visited an area I served in as a missionary a few years back.

It was the area where my companions and I saw the most success - helped the most people accept the Savior's restored gospel.

When I walked in it's hard to explain what I felt - as my fam and I went to sit down as Sacrament meeting was about to start, I felt an overwhelming sense of Thank You for Your Service and I couldn't help but start weeping, which I don't do very often.

The feeling of the Spirit or of an Individual/s embracing me is something I only felt before when my brother in law died and after the viewing, funeral, burial - when we went to Church it felt as if we were being embraced.

Have any of you experienced something like this? I'm having trouble describing it but would like to learn moreabout this - it's like when you goto church and it's edifying and spiritual but at the same time you've recently experienced somethign even more profound

Yes I have felt it. I think we learn more about this spiritual principle and manifestation (that God walks with us) as we try to do/show the same for others. 

On 4/22/2022 at 9:56 PM, nuclearfuels said:

The feeling of the Spirit or of an Individual/s embracing me is something I only felt before when my brother in law died and after the viewing, funeral, burial - when we went to Church it felt as if we were being embraced.

Have any of you experienced something like this? I'm having trouble describing it but would like to learn moreabout this - it's like when you goto church and it's edifying and spiritual but at the same time you've recently experienced somethign even more profound

There have been a few short times in my life when I can say I walked daily with the spirit for weeks at a time.  Mostly in my late '20's.  It was a period of profound spiritual growth and learning for me.  It was like every sacrament meeting hymn and half the talks were selected specifically by God just for me, based on my personal needs and yearnings.  These years, I'll maybe have one or two spiritual experiences a year, but that's ok, because of the great livelong reservoir of truth and experience those experiences built up in me. 

Also, whenever I reflect on one of the truly meaningful things I've done, a thing that had a lifelong positive impact on someone who really isn't in my life, I'm filled with a sense of how much good is coming from my choices.  It's like helping someone change a tire, and they get to their appointment on time and end up curing cancer or something, and the tire-changer gets some of the benefit of all the good that resulted.  All I did was help ease someone's life burden, but it is a very powerful sensation.

On 4/22/2022 at 8:56 PM, nuclearfuels said:

Have any of you experienced something like this?

Yes. Being hugged in a cocoon of infinite peace surrounding you in warmth. Cried like a baby.

I was told I needed a crucial surgery, and that there was some chance of me not making it.  I was a tad worried. 😱

I knew after the experience that it didn't matter if I made it or not.  I really didn't care.

I am still here to torment you all!!

😜