Seriously No Politics ×

The Famous or the Infamous Dead

Something I ponder at times is:

How are the famous or infamous dead protected or not in the next life from being harassed.

So a leader that started a war (no politics please, do not name anyone living)

how will it be prevented or not from thousands of resurrected persons showing up at the door to complain.

Same for the just famous or famous good persons never being left alone.

I have some ideas,  nothing that can be proven and will try to post some as the thread progresses.

Edited by Metis_LDS
grammar
6 minutes ago, Hamba Tuhan said:

In the end, all but those who opt for perdition will have sincerely repented and been fully redeemed through the shed blood of Christ. At which point, I suspect, we'll all be over it.

Thanks, I was only referring to persons in Kingdoms 1, 2, and 3.

1 minute ago, InCognitus said:

I suspect the law of Matthew 6:15 will keep people from pestering the bad people:

Yep. Having a 'perfect knowledge of all our guilt' will help us see that we are all the bad people. Our abiding gratitude for the miracle of our own undeserved redemption will help us to rejoice in the miraculous redemption of all others.

17 minutes ago, InCognitus said:

I suspect the law of Matthew 6:15 will keep people from pestering the bad people:

Mat 6:15  "But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses."

What about the good famous?

1 hour ago, Metis_LDS said:

Something I ponder at times is:

How are the famous or infamous dead protected or not in the next life from being harassed.

So a leader that started a war (no politics please, do not name anyone living)

how will it be prevented or not from thousands of resurrected persons showing up at the door to complain.

Same for the just famous or famous good persons never being left alone.

I have some ideas,  nothing that can be proven and will try to post some as the thread progresses.

The wicked are probably more worried about their own sins and resolving those issues over plotting revenge.  What is a spirit going to do against another spirit anyway?  The righteous are happy and know that God will sort the mess out.  We see the world through our short mortal eyes.  Once we die and see things more fully, all of the bad stuff that happened to us will be in the past.  We will be looking forward to the future than trying to settle a old scores.

2 hours ago, Hamba Tuhan said:

In the end, all but those who opt for perdition will have sincerely repented and been fully redeemed through the shed blood of Christ. At which point, I suspect, we'll all be over it.

I really don't think it'll be that easy.  Not every sin merits perdition.  But all the steps of repentance aren't always possible, like restitution.

image.png.e14e40c8ffb8105af5751a772b5314bf.png

4 hours ago, Metis_LDS said:

....................How are the famous or infamous dead protected or not in the next life from being harassed..................

Harassment?  What constitutes harassment?  Those in Outer Darkness are alone.  No contact, so no harassment, even though such solitude could constitute torture, like being in solitary confinement in prison.  A self-chosen fate.  That is forever.

The three kingdoms of glory are each wonderful, and are governed (respectively) by God the Father, God the Son, and the Holy Spirit.  This is the final status of each in a wonderful kingdom of glory.  A caste system, but a blessed one.  How would anyone feel harassed?

54 minutes ago, Robert F. Smith said:

How would anyone feel harassed?

And who would do the harassing since all have been purified by that time, either by repenting and accepting Christ’s redemption or whatever process purges those who do not accept the Atonement (my guess is they get to relive the suffering/pain they caused others until they get to the point they both empathize and understand it was wrong and therefore have no desire to do it again).  There is no sin committed in any of the three heavens, they are all of God’s glory.

1 hour ago, Calm said:

There is no sin committed in any of the three heavens, they are all of God’s glory.

This is such an important point that sometimes gets overlooked. No degree of glory is peopled by sinners. All degrees of glory will be peopled by genuinely repentant sinners who have been redeemed. Christ is indeed mighty to save, and the Father has given Him the victory.

Edited by Hamba Tuhan
7 hours ago, Robert F. Smith said:

Harassment?  What constitutes harassment?  Those in Outer Darkness are alone.  No contact, so no harassment, even though such solitude could constitute torture, like being in solitary confinement in prison.  A self-chosen fate.  That is forever.

The three kingdoms of glory are each wonderful, and are governed (respectively) by God the Father, God the Son, and the Holy Spirit.  This is the final status of each in a wonderful kingdom of glory.  A caste system, but a blessed one.  How would anyone feel harassed?

I think along the lines that the Infamous will be recognisable (their facial features) so that even if there is no directory to look up where Hitler is he might be found anyway.  So is your position one where we are all blissed out and will not pursue at least to tell war mongers how people bearing losses in the war felt.  If so I accept that.  

17 minutes ago, Metis_LDS said:

will not pursue at least to tell war mongers how people bearing losses in the war felt. 

Chances are they will be intimately aware of the consequences of their choices even if they repent and accept the Atonement…which they might is they were actually brain damaged and not just self centered evil who enjoyed hurting people.  Thus there will be no need to tell them for their own sake.

For those who were victims of them, hopefully they have healed and moved way beyond needing to revisit that pain.  Why carry a burden they don’t need?  Thus there will be no need to tell them for the sake of the victims.

Edited by Calm
3 minutes ago, Calm said:

which they might is they were actually brain damaged and not just self centered evil who enjoyed hurting people.

If only every war monger was brain damaged, but I cannot see that.  I have seen up close those who are evil incarnate.

10 minutes ago, Metis_LDS said:

I think along the lines that the Infamous will be recognisable (their facial features) so that even if there is no directory to look up where Hitler is he might be found anyway.  So is your position one where we are all blissed out and will not pursue at least to tell war mongers how people bearing losses in the war felt.  If so I accept that.  

Yeh, pretty much.

20 minutes ago, Metis_LDS said:

If only every war monger was brain damaged, but I cannot see that.  I have seen up close those who are evil incarnate.

I have no doubt there are evil people in this world…but they won’t be sons of perdition unless they were practically prophets first, so we know their destination…which will be the Telestial Kingdom if they do not choose to repent and accept the Atonement.  Even so, by the time they have gone through their hell, been sanctified by their own suffering (again I believe this type of sanctification comes because this suffering they experience is what they put others through and they come to understand the wrongness of their choices, so no longer desire to do them), and thus been judged fit for a kingdom of glory, they are sinless.  There are no evil people in heaven, only formerly evil.

What makes them still candidates for the Telestial I am guessing is while they no longer desire to sin, to harm others, they don’t desire to do much good either.  For a minor example, say there is a TK dweller who was always a great flower lover and when mortal, they employed masses of gardeners to tend their acres of gorgeous gardens, giving their employees poverty level salaries, if that.  Perhaps they used serfs or slaves and mistreated them badly.  Once they are in the Telestial, they still love flowers, but now instead of making others’ lives horrible to produce pleasure for them, they care for their garden themselves (assuming we have gardens of some sort) and get great enjoyment from it.  But being Telestial, they never invite anyone to walk in the gardens with them for the other’s enjoyment or give gifts of flowers to please others.  They do no harm to others and therefore are sinless, but do no good either so have the mentality that can exist only in the least glorified heaven.

Edited by Calm