Please help me be my ward's saboteur...it's for my ward's own good. Trust me.

On 3/10/2022 at 8:28 AM, nuclearfuels said:

God has prepared a way for my own Exodus to another ward - one which I feel resonates much more w/ me and my soul and faith

Come what may to the ward I am in but attend as a visitor - kind of like He walks amongs us but is not one of us, from LOST

I’m still waiting for God to prepare my path out but so far, we are stuck. We are struggling. We have have tried so hard for so long but have given up. Still active. Still attend. It’s a special form of purgatory. 

I have seen that some of these struggles come about by poor decision making when creating ward boundaries and/or locating new buildings. 

I have had the chance to help the church find new building sites and I can tell you that sometimes decisions are made not on what would be the best long term location, but what current bishop(s) want. (Example: They want a building in their current ward boundaries, close to their neighborhood, etc.)

Also many Stakes also do a poor job creating ward boundaries that factor in long term growth. They don’t take the time to understand what areas of a community will see the greatest growth over the next decade and what areas are already built out and will see little to no growth. Only looking at current priesthood and membership numbers is not enough.

This creates the haves and have nots in wards over time.

To stop this from happening it requires Stake and ward leaders to set aside personal ‘wants’ and also take the time to educate themselves on the community’s growth patterns. The best outcomes come from leadership taking the time to learn all they can on zoning and community growth before they makes decisions or pray to Heavenly Father about their choices.

Edited by Ragerunner
On 3/12/2022 at 11:40 AM, bsjkki said:

It’s a special form of purgatory. 

All due respect but I belive what you've described is generally known as "Elder's Quorum"

• 2 weeks later...

All of the ward boundaries in my stake are getting reorganized today.  I've had the R.E.M. song tune stuck in my head all week since I learned about the ward boundary changes meeting this afternoon:

"It's the end of the ward as we know it.  And I feel fine"

2 hours ago, InCognitus said:

All of the ward boundaries in my stake are getting reorganized today.  I've had the R.E.M. song tune stuck in my head all week since I learned about the ward boundary changes meeting this afternoon:

"It's the end of the ward as we know it.  And I feel fine"

I thought it was the other song. "Losing my religion." :)