Seriously No Politics ×

I cannot respond

Teancum

All

For some reason, I am not sure why, I got banned from the Expectations of a Prophet thread. I am not sure what I did that was so offensive to have the mods kick me out of this thread.  And when someone asks why the mods never respond.  So please do not think my non response to any posts directed at me are because I do not have a response.  I just cannot respond.  

Edited by Teancum
12 minutes ago, Teancum said:

am not sure why,

My off the top of my head guess is “gaslighting”, which in my view is an accusation of intentional deception and pretty vile….gaslighting is vile; accusing of gaslighting is not great either unless it is a fact you can document and not just how you feel about it, just like accusing someone of lying when it can’t be proven.

Edited by Calm
14 minutes ago, Calm said:

My off the top of my head guess is “gaslighting”, which in my view is an accusation of intentional deception and pretty vile….gaslighting is vile; accusing of gaslighting is not great either unless it is a fact you can document and not just how you feel about it, just like accusing someone of lying when it can’t be proven.

Thank you for the insight.  I guess believers can tell me I totally misunderstood everything, had unrealistic expectations and am a result of the winnowing process.  But when I point out, with documentation, ,that the article you shared is gaslighting, I get kicked out of the thread.  

So much for open dialogue. I was not rude or nasty.

7 minutes ago, Teancum said:

Thank you for the insight.  I guess believers can tell me I totally misunderstood everything, had unrealistic expectations and am a result of the winnowing process.  But when I point out, with documentation, ,that the article you shared is gaslighting, I get kicked out of the thread.  

So much for open dialogue. I was not rude or nasty.

Are you defining gaslighting as lying, deceiving and intending to do so?  Just being sure since some have said they never accused others of lying when they used terms that required lying and intent to deceive. 

It is not rude to accuse someone of lying?  It may be appropriate, but I still see it as rude.  Sometimes you need to be rude.

And it is offensive and rude to accuse someone of being clueless, etc, but that is accusing someone of a weakness…a weakness we all have in some shape or form in my belief, unintentional sinning at worse as opposed to accusing someone of a vile, intentional sin.

Edited by Calm
44 minutes ago, Calm said:

Is gaslighting better or worse than emotional blackmail. Asking for a friend ;) 

9 minutes ago, SeekingUnderstanding said:

Worse IMO.  Emotional blackmail is often done unintentionally; passive aggression, unconscious manipulation. Gaslighting is intentional, manipulative deception…not just seeing something differently, but knowing the truth and pretending it is something else to convince others…so much worse IMO.

Edited by Calm
9 minutes ago, SeekingUnderstanding said:

When it comes to moderation, I don't think it's often a matter of what was worse.  It's a matter of what was reported.  

The mods have said before that they don't normally read the threads, they just respond to reported posts.  If no one reports a post then it's not likely to get a consequence, no matter how worthy of one it might have been.  I hardly ever report anything.  I think I've reported 3 or 4 posts all last year and this year so far.  But other people seem to report things more often, and the squeaky wheel will get the grease, whether it was worse or better than a similar unreported post or not.

12 minutes ago, bluebell said:

When it comes to moderation, I don't think it's often a matter of what was worse.  It's a matter of what was reported.  

The mods have said before that they don't normally read the threads, they just respond to reported posts.  If no one reports a post then it's not likely to get a consequence, no matter how worthy of one it might have been.  I hardly ever report anything.  I think I've reported 3 or 4 posts all last year and this year so far.  But other people seem to report things more often, and the squeaky wheel will get the grease, whether it was worse or better than a similar unreported post or not.

I am honestly puzzled as to why I was booted off that thread.

1 hour ago, Mike Drop said:

I’m not puzzled why you got kicked off. Just go read what you wrote. Then you’ll understand. 

I cannot. I am restricted from the thread.  So enlighten me.  I do not think anything I posted there warranted getting kicked out of the thread.

Edited by Teancum
1 hour ago, ttribe said:

Meh, moderating on here is capricious. I wouldn't concern myself.

I am not losing sleep over it but it is sort of like what the heck?  If the mods ban me from a thread it would be nice if they said why they did it.  But they never do.  Even if you ask.  The moderation here really sucks.

16 minutes ago, Teancum said:

I cannot. I am restricted from the thread.  So enlighten me.  I do not think anything I posted there warranted getting kicked out of the thread.

Trust me!! It all depends on who reported your post. I read what you wrote, and you’re correct, nothing wrong with what you said. You do realize if you piss the wrong poster off you’ll be thread banned fairly quickly. Probably just like me after I post this 😂

2 hours ago, Calm said:

Worse IMO.  Emotional blackmail is often done unintentionally; passive aggression, unconscious manipulation. Gaslighting is intentional, manipulative deception…not just seeing something differently, but knowing the truth and pretending it is something else to convince others…so much worse IMO.

2 hours ago, bluebell said:

My comment was mostly meant as tongue in cheek. I have no issues with moderation here. It’s a thankless job, and I think by and large they have done a phenomenal job created a place with a lot of viewpoints and dialogue. That’s no easy task!

8 minutes ago, Mike Drop said:

Trust me!! It all depends on who reported your post. I read what you wrote, and you’re correct, nothing wrong with what you said. You do realize if you piss the wrong poster off you’ll be thread banned fairly quickly. Probably just like me after I post this 😂

So someone whined about what I said so I got kicked out?  Hmmm. Ok.  Again, decent moderation would seem to give some direction as to why someone was kicked out of a thread so behavior can be improved.  But that never happens. Even when you ask the mods. They ignore you. That is why I think the moderation here sucks.

Edited by Teancum
1 minute ago, SeekingUnderstanding said:

My comment was mostly meant as tongue in cheek. I have no issues with moderation here. It’s a thankless job, and I think by and large they have done a phenomenal job created a place with a lot of viewpoints and dialogue. That’s no easy task!

I just would like explanations when I am booted from a thread.

I once wrote a semi-sarcastic rant filled with jokes to one of the mods after I was threadbanned contesting the rightness of it. The mod responded that I misunderstood and I was actually banned for something else.

My response was along the lines of: “Oh yeah, I did do that. Objection withdrawn.”