Seriously No Politics ×

I’m curious to know…

He won. ;)

Not sure an argument would describe it. More like ‘why the hell does it have to be this way, I thought you wanted me out there helping people so why am I hamstringed?’

Edited by Calm

I don't know that I've ever argued with God, but I do know that it is damn hard (at least, without being pulverized  nearly to the finest dust :rolleyes: <_<) to accept His will to the extent that Job did ("The Lord giveth, and the Lord hath taken away.  Blessed be the name of the Lord." (Job 1:21); and "Though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him" (Job 15:13); and "Though skin worms destroy this body, I know that in my flesh I shall see God" (Job 19:26).)

Edited by Kenngo1969

I have learned to let God receive my complaints, as well as my thanks.   It is OK to express anger to God.  He can handle it and it really allows us to give our whole heart to him. 

Many of the blessings I have received from God in my life have come in the form of severe trials.   He has been very generous in this.   I understand that this is for my best and my eternal growth, but it isn't always that nice to go through. 

But I always say in the end. "Thy will be done.   Thank you for my trials.  Thou are just and merciful."

2 hours ago, Kenngo1969 said:

I don't know that I've ever argued with God, but I do know that it is damn hard (at least, without being pulverized  nearly to the finest dust :rolleyes: <_<) to accept His will to the extent that Job did ("The Lord giveth, and the Lord hath taken away.  Blessed be the name of the Lord." (Job 1:21); and "Though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him" (Job 15:13); and "Though skin worms destroy this body, I know that in my flesh I shall see God" (Job 19:26).)

The most classic, thank you 

1 hour ago, SkyRock said:

I have learned to let God receive my complaints, as well as my thanks.   It is OK to express anger to God.  He can handle it and it really allows us to give our whole heart to him. 

Many of the blessings I have received from God in my life have come in the form of severe trials.   He has been very generous in this.   I understand that this is for my best and my eternal growth, but it isn't always that nice to go through. 

But I always say in the end. "Thy will be done.   Thank you for my trials.  Thou are just and merciful."

😌

43 minutes ago, Alexi Nakatology said:

The most classic, thank you 

Seven more posts until you hit 25, and can receive "official" reputation points/upvotes.  Until then, this will have to suffice. +1! ;) :D

11 minutes ago, Alexi Nakatology said:

Guess I can't edit my own posts or message any admins? More has changed than I thought 🤷‍♀️

But ok, scripture study.

So Enos had an argument for the records?

You need 25 posts.  Keep working at it!  You can do it! :D

11 hours ago, Alexi Nakatology said:

Has anyone ever had an argument with god? How did it go?

An argument implies communication was two way. I think it was more along the lines of me saying "No. It did not have to go THAT way. I was already willing." because what was there for God to say?

3 hours ago, Kenngo1969 said:

48 minutes ago, Alexi Nakatology said:

So I’ll read this and edit for my thoughts 

I was focusing particularly on verse 2:

2 And I will tell you of the wrestle which I had before God, before I received a remission of my sins. [Emphasis added by Kenngo1969.]

Alma the Younger is another good one:

Alma 36:

12 But I was racked with eternal torment, for my soul was harrowed up to the greatest degree and racked with all my sins.

13 Yea, I did remember all my sins and iniquities, for which I was tormented with the pains of hell; yea, I saw that I had rebelled against my God, and that I had not kept his holy commandments.

14 Yea, and I had murdered many of his children, or rather led them away unto destruction; yea, and in fine so great had been my iniquities, that the very thought of coming into the presence of my God did rack my soul with inexpressible horror.

15 Oh, thought I, that I could be banished and become extinct both soul and body, that I might not be brought to stand in the presence of my God, to be judged of my deeds.

16 And now, for three days and for three nights was I racked, even with the apains of a bdamned soul.

17 And it came to pass that as I was thus racked with torment, while I was harrowed up by the memory of my many sins, behold, I remembered also to have heard my father prophesy unto the people concerning the coming of one Jesus Christ, a Son of God, to atone for the sins of the world.

18 Now, as my mind caught hold upon this thought, I cried within my heart: O Jesus, thou Son of God, have mercy on me, who am in the gall of bitterness, and am encircled about by the everlasting chains of death.

19 And now, behold, when I thought this, I could remember my pains no more; yea, I was harrowed up by the memory of my sins no more.

There is also Abraham talking God into lower numbers of righteous in Sodom and Gomorrah. And Jonah sort of argued with God in rejecting the call by running away and then sulking when his mission worked and Nineveh repented and did not get wiped out.