Seriously No Politics ×

Is the moon hollow?

rodheadlee

On 12/27/2021 at 7:37 PM, Derl Sanderson said:

The moon is solid. All conversant Church members know that it's the earth that is hollow. It's in that space where the Lost Ten Tribes are to be found. Aren't you reading ahead in the Old Testament Come Follow Me materials??

When I was a kid, we had a Sunday School lesson on this very thing.  Though I haven't heard much about this theory in a long time.

20 hours ago, Stargazer said:

Yes it does, and no, it isn't! I agree with you entirely. It's actually me! It was a joke I heard a really long time ago, and I'm pretty sure it was shorter when I heard it, but being the long-winded sort, I just couldn't make it any shorter on such short notice. Especially since I was just winging the narration off the cuff rather than a script. I make better videos on my regular channel, or so I believe, anyway.

I posted this video to a YouTube channel I've not used for uploads to this point, but the topic here on MDDB reminded me of the joke, and I couldn't hold back. The channel avatar, by the way, is a photo of my Dad, who was much handsomer than I am.

So ... I thought the joke was goofy, but I gotta say that your work on the visual impresses me a lot!

6 minutes ago, Derl Sanderson said:

Your teacher was a crackpot.

I've had a few of those, too, including at least one in the Language Training Mission (pre-MTC).

19 hours ago, rodheadlee said:

Some of the myths and legends are interesting and have a kernel of truth in them.

Besides that I'm bored. It's to wet to work. 

That might be a solid answer if we were living in the days where there were two or three channels on the television and we didn’t have access to literally millions of other entertainment options at any time.

2 hours ago, The Nehor said:

That might be a solid answer if we were living in the days where there were two or three channels on the television and we didn’t have access to literally millions of other entertainment options at any time.

Have you seen what is on 600 channels? Let's just say I'm glad I don't pay for it. Besides my dad likes watching it. So I watch it with him.

Edited by rodheadlee
On 12/27/2021 at 5:11 PM, rodheadlee said:

Yes, I have been watching Ancient Alien Astronauts. Funny thing is we had a discussion Christmas Day about the moon ringing like a bell when it was struck by Apollo Lander power units. It was intentionally struck twice and we had placed seismic sensors on the moon. The second strike what is equivalent to 11 tons of TNT and the moon rang like a bell for 3 hours.

There is also an ancient Zulu Legend that the moon was towed into place. Do y'all have anything to add to this that's cool?

Rod, the moon is definitely hollow! When the city of Enoch lifted out of the Gulf of Mexico, God opened the moon and stored the city inside of it along with all the people living in Enoch. That’s where the lost ten tribes are. There’s tunnels leading to the surface of the moon so the Enochians can travel outside for their daily dose of vitamin D when the sun is at its highest. I hope I’m still alive when the city of Enoch returns to earth and lands in the Gulf of Mexico! 

On 12/30/2021 at 4:26 AM, The Nehor said:

Yeah, a lot of people were upset about Perot losing and smashed some stuff. We’ve all been there.

Until my late wife passed, we pretty much only watched Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! After she was gone, I stopped watching TV entirely (and now Alex Trebek is gone, too, and I hope she gets a chance to meet him, since she liked his show so much). Now I just stream stuff on YouTube. But since moving to the UK, they have some pretty good trivia TV shows, and so if the wife is watching them, I join in. Pretty much nothing else is worth the time -- except she loves watching and rewatching the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice (the one with Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy), so I help her watch that when it comes on. It's a decent series. She also wants me to watch Pride and Prejudice with Zombies, but so far, since I hate Zombie films and series with a passion, she hasn't managed to get me to do it. I suppose I will succumb to her blandishments, eventually.

On 12/30/2021 at 5:03 AM, Chum said:

BLACK HELICOPTERS ARE REAL

You know, I used to think that that particular conspiracy was nuts, until I went to visit my old post, Ft. Lewis, back when it was open and anyone could drive in for a visit. This was after I had moved back to Washington state after my discharge. I drove down one street next to the airfield to have a look at my old unit's buildings where I spent many semi-happy months, and noticed to my surprise that all the helicopters had been repainted black instead of the old Army olive drab. This was after I had heard about that "black helicopter" conspiracy thing. I was rather startled to see that the conspiracy was correct.

And then I inquired about it, and it turns out that the Army had changed to a paint scheme more conducive to night-time operations, and that this black paint was particular in it's being infra-red absorptive to help confuse IR targeting guided weapons.

So, yeah, Black Helicopters? Hell, yeah!