Jump to content

New member


Moneymaking

Recommended Posts

Hi, I just opened a profile here. I am lifelong LDS as is my entire family. Married with adult children now and just working until I retire. No plans for retirement life yet.

I am a Financial Advisor and my wife is a home maker. We are a nuclear LDS family.

I am interested in church history and finances (the market especially). 
 

Merry Christmas!

Link to comment

Welcome to it.  I like to think we boast a selection of members who are richly steeped in obscure and arcane LDS lore. None of them are me, however.

We can also deliver rabbit holes made to order. I can probably help with that last bit.

Link to comment

Welcome!

Can you give specifics on what you're interested in as far as finance and church history? This board has a treasure trove of posts that can be looked up using the search function. Or ask any one of us. And FYI, you need to post at least 25 posts before you're allowed to use the edit function or post in General Discussions. Many will make a lot of posts in the Three Word Story in the Social thread (this one). 

They have you make at least 25 posts because there are trolls once in awhile. 

Looking forward to communicating with you on the board. :)

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Tacenda said:

This board has a treasure trove of posts that can be looked up using the search function.

Robert Smith is probably the best on church finance.

 http://www.scribd.com/doc/107498713/LDS-Church-Welfare-Expenditures .

Search function only goes back a year.  Better to use site search on google or another search engine.

Edited by Calm
Link to comment

You and @mfbukowski should get along famously. ;)  Welcome.

Link to comment

My buddy @Kenngo1969 summoned me out of my cave to meet you!  Welcome! 

Retired real estate broker and financial planner, now just doing deals for my family, and into art and philosophy.

Convert.

Looking forward to chatting!

Link to comment
On 12/18/2021 at 6:16 PM, Chum said:

Welcome to it.  I like to think we boast a selection of members who are richly steeped in obscure and arcane LDS lore. None of them are me, however.

We can also deliver rabbit holes made to order. I can probably help with that last bit.

Thank you. My church history interest is primarily my family’s involvement in it. Rabbit holes can be entertaining and dangerous.

Link to comment
On 12/19/2021 at 10:02 PM, mfbukowski said:

My buddy @Kenngo1969 summoned me out of my cave to meet you!  Welcome! 

Retired real estate broker and financial planner, now just doing deals for my family, and into art and philosophy.

Convert.

Looking forward to chatting!

You are the guy in the family relatives send adult children with credit problems to and you cut up their cards right?

Link to comment
On 12/18/2021 at 6:26 PM, Tacenda said:

Welcome!

Can you give specifics on what you're interested in as far as finance and church history? This board has a treasure trove of posts that can be looked up using the search function. Or ask any one of us. And FYI, you need to post at least 25 posts before you're allowed to use the edit function or post in General Discussions. Many will make a lot of posts in the Three Word Story in the Social thread (this one). 

They have you make at least 25 posts because there are trolls once in awhile. 

Looking forward to communicating with you on the board. :)

I am mostly interested in my family’s involvement in church history. Several were there at the beginning. Also just church history generally. 
 

I am not too interested in Church finances. Personal and family finance is my focus. Investing in stocks is also my thing.

Link to comment

Cool, I'm sure you can take your family names to a family search center near your ward/stake building and they could get you started. My friend just got called to serve at one. Back when I searched a family name to take to the temple it wasn't as advanced, but my friend said how much better it is now. 

ETA: Found this: https://www.familysearch.org/fhcenters/locations/

 

Edited by Tacenda
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Moneymaking said:

You are the guy in the family relatives send adult children with credit problems to and you cut up their cards right?

Not so far!

But I do own some scissors.

Securities and a RE broker. No credit repair :)

 

Edited by mfbukowski
Link to comment
On 12/23/2021 at 9:59 PM, Tacenda said:

Cool, I'm sure you can take your family names to a family search center near your ward/stake building and they could get you started. My friend just got called to serve at one. Back when I searched a family name to take to the temple it wasn't as advanced, but my friend said how much better it is now. 

ETA: Found this: https://www.familysearch.org/fhcenters/locations/

 

I should have been more clear on the family’s involvement our genealogy has been done for decades in this area. What I am finding interesting is now with The Joseph Smith papers and other sources the stories I have been told are turning out to be very different. I’m out there reading through journal excerpts and stuff now learning about a whole different aspect of some of these relative’s lives. Most is good but now I understand why the church does not want General Authorities to keep journals. 

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...