Idaho County Sheriff Pulls Gun on Church Youth Group

smac97

9 minutes ago, LoudmouthMormon said:

Yeah, I have a lot of similar stories that align with yours.  You know what else I have?
https://fallacyinlogic.com/anecdotal-fallacy-definition-and-examples/

Here it is in audible format, if you prefer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HVYC1YNCSU

Here is how we teach the concept to children:
https://academickids.com/encyclopedia/index.php/Anecdotal_evidence

Nah, if it's ok with you, Imma stick with my earlier statement that "yt ppl be racist because they yt" is a racist belief, with zero support for such a notion.  Anecdotes just don't do it.

Is that yiddish? ;)

If you say so, I guess I better look inward and figure it out.

ETA: Ran out of posts, so I can answer questions or make a response by editing this post, if needed. Or if not allowed, then I won't.

Edited by Tacenda
8 minutes ago, LoudmouthMormon said:

Nah, if it's ok with you, Imma stick with my earlier statement that "yt ppl be racist because they yt" is a racist belief, with zero support for such a notion.  Anecdotes just don't do it.

White people or YouTube people? Heard that term used to refer to both.

16 hours ago, LoudmouthMormon said:

Well, since we're speculating, I'd have to find zero support for such a notion.  Dude lives by the reservation and has issues with Native Americans (and apparently women).   The whole "Yt ppl gotta be racist against blacks cuz they yt" stuff is just horrible racist ignorant nonsense.

And pretty well encapsulates the critical race theory dogma. Is there any wonder that parents across the U.S. are rebelling against having their children indoctrinated in it?

11 hours ago, Calm said:

It stinks, so what was so attractive about it, if I may ask?  I tried vaping cannabis a couple of times to see if that could helped my Meniere’s and even that mild version gave me a sore throat.  Is the drug effect that great?

Well first of all it makes you cool

I found myself in the late '60's in Paris, long before I even knew what a Mormon was, talking about Marcuse and Sartre with a young lady, smoking Gauloises cigarettes in a cafe, in broken French.

I mean really, what other option did I have? (True story, as I was at the time)  The revolution was here!! 

But yes.  THOSE cigarettes without filters, did have quite a kick of nicotine, and were for me highly addictive.

But the cool factor was also highly attractive.

From google:

"Pablo Picasso, Jean-Paul Sartre and George Orwell were all notable smokers of Gauloises, while John Lennon allegedly smoked Gitanes to make his voice deeper, and Guns N' Roses' guitarist Slash even has a tattoo of the Gitanes dancing gypsy logo.Jul 21, 2016"

And then there was this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_68

Edited by mfbukowski
5 hours ago, Tacenda said:

Is that yiddish? ;)

If you say so, I guess I better look inward and figure it out.

ETA: Ran out of posts, so I can answer questions or make a response by editing this post, if needed. Or if not allowed, then I won't.

Ran out of posts?!! Good grief. When will your probation be lifted?

16 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

She is quarantined so we don't catch it. I am of course being sarcastic and kidding. I love Tacenda (platonically), she makes me smile. I vote to let her out of her cage. FREE TACENDA!!

20 hours ago, Calm said:

You don’t think if he is bigoted against Native Americans and women, the probability he is also bigoted against blacks is high?

Probably.  However, all I have to support the notion that he is prejudiced against Blacks is a reasonable surmise, while I have direct evidence that seems to indicate that he is prejudiced against Native Americans.

20 hours ago, Calm said:

Would he have shot someone if it was two dudes who looked like they were from the reservation in the car who had dropped a bag of dog poop on his porch…got to wonder.

I agree, but "wondering" whether he is prejudiced against other groups is all we can do at this point, while we have direct evidence of seeming prejudice against Native Americans.  The latter is more than bad enough.  If I have evidence that someone beats his children, am I allowed to wonder if he kicks his dog, as well?  Of course.  But, since his beating his children is more than bad enough, strictly speaking, I have to go as far as the evidence takes me and no further, until I get further evidence.  My personal opinion is that Sheriff Not-For-Long isn't a very nice guy, but I think there's more than evidence enough of that already without my having to speculate whether additional evidence exists that isn't yet in the record.

40 minutes ago, Kenngo1969 said:

but I think there's more than evidence enough of that already without my having to speculate whether additional evidence exists that isn't yet in the record.

Out of rep points, but mean to give you one later as I really like the way you expressed what I am thinking. I definitely don’t think we need to wander in uncertain paths when there is more than enough certainty to tear apart. 😛 

Edited by Calm
6 hours ago, Vanguard said:

5 hours ago, rodheadlee said:

She is quarantined so we don't catch it. I am of course being sarcastic and kidding. I love Tacenda (platonically), she makes me smile. I vote to let her out of her cage. FREE TACENDA!!

😆

11 hours ago, mtomm said:

For fun you should do a little research on his lawyer.

You know I will now, lol.

Added:  Hmmm…like client, like lawyer I guess.

Got to say, he is one of the very few who have carried off a long beard IMO.  However, that might be because his suit coordinates do well with it in the picture I saw.

Edited by Calm