Seriously No Politics ×

What happened to the site?

2 hours ago, strappinglad said:

For the past few days when I tried to access the site I was shown the message , " this site has been disabled ". Now, as you can see , I can access it again. Was this just my ' glitch in the matrix '?? 

Nope, happened to everyone. You can tell there have been blackouts if you see major gaps at the same time in all the current threads.  

While it may go up to 8 hours at night without a post, that is pretty rare…probably because of my insomnia to a great extent, but there are a couple of other posters who are prone to post in the middle of the night (according to US time zones).  In the day, even weekends, that long of a gap for no posts suggests a blackout. 

Edited by Calm

Somebody forgot to pay the hosting company again, eh? ;)   I remember when the power went out in the middle of one of my classes when I was in college, and the professor, naming the dean of the department, said, "Nyberg forgot to pay the power bill again!" :D   It was pretty funny.

Edited by Kenngo1969
On 11/5/2021 at 9:08 AM, strappinglad said:

For the past few days when I tried to access the site I was shown the message , " this site has been disabled ". Now, as you can see , I can access it again. Was this just my ' glitch in the matrix '?? 

Denial of service attack? I had the same message.

15 hours ago, rodheadlee said:

Denial of service attack? I had the same message.

Possible but more likely it was just a normal day to day glitch that happens. The modding team here does not have someone working 24/7 (unlike major social media or forums) so if it goes down it may take time for them to be able to correct a minor problem.