Seriously No Politics ×

Word for: being in a particular place when something deeply spiritual happens?

Do you mean the concept of destiny or fate?

There is also the concept of the sacred landscape or place, which is geomantic in nature, and can be found with geomancy -- as in Chinese feng shui.

Biblical examples might include Bethel (site of Jacob's holy stone) and the Plains of Moreh "Oracular-Terebinth" (Gen 12:6, BofA 2:18-19; cf. Judges 9:37 “Soothsayers-Terebinth”).

7 hours ago, CelestialSeething said:

I think this is more what I'm looking for. Is there a term for that? Or how might you suggest I translate feng shui to the language of the gospel?........................

You seem to be exploring divine immanence or transcendence via the Divine Presence (Hebrew Shekhinah).

However, more appropriate to your description in the OP, I would suggest that you had a cosmic experience.

1 hour ago, Robert F. Smith said:

You seem to be exploring divine immanence or transcendence via the Divine Presence (Hebrew Shekhinah).

However, more appropriate to your description in the OP, I would suggest that you had a cosmic experience.

Also peak experience.

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-are-peak-experiences-2795268#definition-of-peak-experiences

8 hours ago, CelestialSeething said:

I think this is more what I'm looking for. Is there a term for that? Or how might you suggest I translate feng shui to the language of the gospel?

Thanks for your help

Are you thinking in more of an individual experience or a place where you believe many would experience the same sort of feeling?

The secluded lake…was it the expanse of the water or something in its surroundings that impressed you? Perhaps groves of trees?  A meadow?

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2021 at 2:04 AM, CelestialSeething said:

I was at a secluded lake when my cousin passed away. 

My Dad was visiting me and my fam when his brother passed away. 

Whatś the word for when youŕe in a certain place at a certain time for a reason?

I wouldnt call the places I was in consecrated or dedicated but is there a word for like geo-spiritual-locations?

I don't know if there is such a word in English. Perhaps there should be.

I was in Costco when I got a particularly important personal revelation. Costco hasn't become sacred or anything like that, but anytime I happen to be in that particular spot in that particular store the experience would come to mind quite reverently.

At times I've wondered why people make such a big deal out of the "Holy Land". Important things happened there, of course, and for those who consider those happenings important, I guess the place would have to have a certain positive "feel" to it, even if they'd never been there.