Seriously No Politics ×

Meridian of time

23 minutes ago, Fether said:

Please do share. I’m really not looking for an argument. What scriptures do you literally take to mean this?

D&C 77:6 Q. What are we to understand by the book which John saw, which was sealed on the back with seven seals? A. We are to understand that it contains the revealed will, mysteries, and the works of God; the hidden things of his economy concerning this earth during the seven thousand years of its continuance, or its temporal existence.

I take 7000 years of mortality (temporal existence) literally.  I'm willing to accept the earth is made up of millennia old materials, and the the seven days of creation mean seven undefined time periods.

But from Adam's fall to the end of the 1000 year millennium will be 7000 years, give or take.  I believe the Millennium to be extremely close, within a couple of decades at most.

Edited by JLHPROF
26 minutes ago, strappinglad said:

Notice that our secular society still uses Christ's birth as a major divider but has separated Him from it by using   CE  and BCE notation. 

I'm stuck in my ways.  BC/AD works for me.

10 hours ago, Robert F. Smith said:

And then the Mormon Exodus featuring companies 1 and 2 in a Jewish Jubilee Year, with the Miracle of the Seagulls in between.

Companies 1 and 2?

2 hours ago, OGHoosier said:

Companies 1 and 2?

That was simply my quick way to refer to the first and second companies, because that is the way historians group them (individual components in parentheses):  I am not including the exploratory Vanguard Company led by Brigham, which set out in April of 1847.     

First Company arrives         Sept-Oct 1847   (Hunter-Home, Spencer-Eldredge, Smoot-Coy, Spencer-Sessions, Smoot-Wallace, Grant-Noble, Grant-Snow, Hunter-Foutz, Rich, Alexander)

Miracle of Seagulls & Crickets    May - June 1848     

Second Company arrives          Autumn 1848 (Boyle, Young, Kimball, Holmes-Thompson)

The Jewish Jubilee year goes from Sept 11, 1847 to Sept 28, 1848.

Within which we also have the change of govt from Mexico to the USA in Feb 1848 (Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo).  The Mormons are illegal immigrants to Mexico until Feb 1848.

Israel-and-Utah-Comparison.png

https://thirdhour.org/blog/faith/5-similarities-holy-land-utah/

Edited by Robert F. Smith
On 9/15/2021 at 3:45 AM, Robert F. Smith said:

That was simply my quick way to refer to the first and second companies, because that is the way historians group them (individual components in parentheses):  I am not including the exploratory Vanguard Company led by Brigham, which set out in April of 1847.     

The Jewish Jubilee year goes from Sept 11, 1847 to Sept 28, 1848.

Within which we also have the change of govt from Mexico to the USA in Feb 1848 (Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo).  The Mormons are illegal immigrants to Mexico until Feb 1848.

Israel-and-Utah-Comparison.png

https://thirdhour.org/blog/faith/5-similarities-holy-land-utah/

Got it. I do find it interesting that Northern Utah is essentially an inverted Holy Land. 

On 9/14/2021 at 12:33 PM, JLHPROF said:

When speaking of time meridian refers to the point of most light, the zenith, the high point.

I have always thought of it that way too.  But then I get confused with the claim that this is the "fullness of times".  So, which is truly the meridian, in that sense?

15 minutes ago, pogi said:

I have always thought of it that way too.  But then I get confused with the claim that this is the "fullness of times".  So, which is truly the meridian, in that sense?

Whenever Christ is upon the earth, those are the high points.
Literally the Meridian was when Christ broke the bonds of death on the 3rd day.  The veil was rent, death and sin were overcome, and all the blessings of resurrection became available.
The fullness of times features increased light but we don't currently enjoy the same presence that we did when that came to pass.