Secret combination

Is the US being run by a secret combination? 

PS, if the mods would set this up as a poll, that would be great. I'm not looking for discussion,  just a simple yes or no.

Edited by rodheadlee
4 minutes ago, rodheadlee said:

Perhaps the question could be re-framed this way: Is the U.S. Government under the influence of secret combinations?

Also, perhaps this thread is too overtly political, or potentially so, at the outset?

Thanks,

-Smac

7 minutes ago, rodheadlee said:

You should add some more details so that posters are on the same page as to what a secret combination is in your opinion. 

6 hours ago, rodheadlee said:

No, of course not.  America is run by the corporate elite.  They live by the Golden Rule:  He who has the gold rules.  That has been true since day one, and continues to be true today.

Are there secret combinations in America and throughout the world?  Of course, and we could present a long list of them here.  They do have tremendous influence and power, but they do not run the country.  Their primary focus is on making money, and they do so by selling drugs, human trafficking, and weapons trafficking.  These are billion-dollar industries, but they are paled into insignificance by the corporate elite -- Daddy Warbucks writ large, running our massive military-industrial complex.

Edited by Robert F. Smith
24 minutes ago, rodheadlee said:

PS, if the mods would set this up as a poll, that would be great. I'm not looking for discussion,  just a simple yes or no.

A simple yes, or a simple yes?

Nominating Alfred E. Neuman for PTO Director - IPWatchdog.com | Patents &  Patent Law

26 minutes ago, rodheadlee said:

I hope so!

Secret Combination (song) - Wikipedia

Rod, I doubt if the mods will modify your post like that. It may not be possible even as I looked at my opening post of one of my threads and didn’t see an option to change to a poll through editing. 

I am on my phone so it may look different for you, but when I click on the start a new topic, there is a small downward pointing arrow in the upper right of the reply box. Click on that and it shows the poll option. 

Edited by Calm

No, not "a" secret combination.   And I'm not sure the government is being run by a secret combination overall either.  Are their evil people seeking to undermine everything good from God, yes, I believe that.  All those who fund and support destruction of the five divinely inspired principles in our Constitution President Oaks spoke about last April would fit into that category.   And all those who fund and encourage use of substances that interfere with exercise of agency would also fit.

1 minute ago, rpn said:

And I'm not sure the government is being run by a secret combination overall either. 

I have my doubts one can say the government is being “run” at all sometimes. ;) 

2 hours ago, rodheadlee said:

“I testify that wickedness is rapidly expanding in every segment of our society. (See D&C 1:14–16; D&C 84:49–53.) It is more highly organized, more cleverly disguised, and more powerfully promoted than ever before. Secret combinations lusting for power, gain, and glory are flourishing. A secret combination that seeks to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations, and countries is increasing its evil influence and control over America and the entire world.” (See Ether 8:18–25.) (I Testify, Ezra Taft Benson, General Conference Address, October 1988)

and…

23 Wherefore, O ye Gentiles, it is wisdom in God that these things should be shown unto you, that thereby ye may repent of your sins, and suffer not that these murderous combinations shall get above you, which are built up to get power and gain—and the work, yea, even the work of destruction come upon you, yea, even the sword of the justice of the Eternal God shall fall upon you, to your overthrow and destruction if ye shall suffer these things to be.
24 Wherefore, the Lord commandeth you, when ye shall see these things come among you that ye shall awake to a sense of your awful situation, because of this secret combination which shall be among you; or wo be unto it, because of the blood of them who have been slain; for they cry from the dust for vengeance upon it, and also upon those who built it up. (Ether Chapter eight)

I’ll never forget that strange Sunday morning in October of 1988 when a prophet of God announced to the world that Moroni’s terrifying prophecy of a gigantic secret combination that would be set up by the devil in the last days to destroy the freedom of the entire world was being fulfilled even as he spoke. I was astonished because I looked around and realized that, with the exception of Yours Truly, not a single soul in the entire congregation seemed to realize that a most momentous and sobering prophetic pronouncement had just been made. It was then that I realized Moroni’s hope that the general membership of the Church would awaken to a sense of their awful situation in time to do something about this devilish business would not be realized.

This prophesied satanic storm has now had 33 years to gather additional strength and consolidate its control, and the fact that so many members of the Church appear be totally blind to what’s obviously raging all around them proves John the Revelator was correct when he warned that Babylon the Great would have tremendous success in blinding and deceiving nearly the entire world prior to the Second Coming of Christ, even including some of the very elect. It’s going to be interesting to hear all the excuses why so many of those who should have known better ended up being deceived by the devil . Personally, I think the main reason why so many are being deceived is because, when you get right down to it, in their heart of hearts most secret combination skeptics ot  don’t really believe the Church is true.

Edited by teddyaware
10 hours ago, teddyaware said:

“I testify that wickedness is rapidly expanding in every segment of our society. (See D&C 1:14–16; D&C 84:49–53.) It is more highly organized, more cleverly disguised, and more powerfully promoted than ever before. Secret combinations lusting for power, gain, and glory are flourishing. A secret combination that seeks to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations, and countries is increasing its evil influence and control over America and the entire world.” (See Ether 8:18–25.) (I Testify, Ezra Taft Benson, General Conference Address, October 1988)

and…

23 Wherefore, O ye Gentiles, it is wisdom in God that these things should be shown unto you, that thereby ye may repent of your sins, and suffer not that these murderous combinations shall get above you, which are built up to get power and gain—and the work, yea, even the work of destruction come upon you, yea, even the sword of the justice of the Eternal God shall fall upon you, to your overthrow and destruction if ye shall suffer these things to be.
24 Wherefore, the Lord commandeth you, when ye shall see these things come among you that ye shall awake to a sense of your awful situation, because of this secret combination which shall be among you; or wo be unto it, because of the blood of them who have been slain; for they cry from the dust for vengeance upon it, and also upon those who built it up. (Ether Chapter eight)

I’ll never forget that strange Sunday morning in October of 1988 when a prophet of God announced to the world that Moroni’s terrifying prophecy of a gigantic secret combination that would be set up by the devil in the last days to destroy the freedom of the entire world was being fulfilled even as he spoke. I was astonished because I looked around and realized that, with the exception of Yours Truly, not a single soul in the entire congregation seemed to realize that a most momentous and sobering prophetic pronouncement had just been made. It was then that I realized Moroni’s hope that the general membership of the Church would awaken to a sense of their awful situation in time to do something about this devilish business would not be realized.

This prophesied satanic storm has now had 33 years to gather additional strength and consolidate its control, and the fact that so many members of the Church appear be totally blind to what’s obviously raging all around them proves John the Revelator was correct when he warned that Babylon the Great would have tremendous success in blinding and deceiving nearly the entire world prior to the Second Coming of Christ, even including some of the very elect. It’s going to be interesting to hear all the excuses why so many of those who should have known better ended up being deceived by the devil . Personally, I think the main reason why so many are being deceived is because, when you get right down to it, in their heart of hearts most secret combination skeptics ot  don’t really believe the Church is true.

aren't you glad you are the only one who knows the truth? 

you and the other guests at the hotel hysteria could be your own secret combination!

Edited by Duncan
14 hours ago, teddyaware said:

and…

Do you belong to a group of “true believers?” Serious question, because it sounds like you don’t believe there are too many on the earth right now so I wonder if you have some type of an online club or something. If so, how would one join? 

Edited by Peacefully

D&C 87:6 And thus, with the sword and by bloodshed the inhabitants of the earth shall mourn; and with famine, and plague, and earthquake, and the thunder of heaven, and the fierce and vivid lightning also, shall the inhabitants of the earth be made to feel the wrath, and indignation, and chastening hand of an Almighty God, until the consumption decreed hath made a full end of all nations;

If Joseph was a prophet (and he was), then all governments and nations will fall.  

1 minute ago, JLHPROF said:

D&C 87:6 And thus, with the sword and by bloodshed the inhabitants of the earth shall mourn; and with famine, and plague, and earthquake, and the thunder of heaven, and the fierce and vivid lightning also, shall the inhabitants of the earth be made to feel the wrath, and indignation, and chastening hand of an Almighty God, until the consumption decreed hath made a full end of all nations;

If Joseph was a prophet (and he was), then all governments and nations will fall.  

So that's a good thing to propagate this, and make it come to fruition? Insanity if so. Not saying you are doing this, but if this is the thought process, we're doomed.

Edited by Tacenda
24 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

So that's a good thing to propagate this, and make it come to fruition? Insanity if so. Not saying you are doing this, but if this is the thought process, we're doomed.

FWIW, it haven't met many Latter-day Saint "accelerationists," those who believe he have to fulfill prophecies such as these and bring about the fall of the US or any other country. If anything, there is more of a focus on readiness and willingness to pick up whatever pieces there are if/when it falls.

14 minutes ago, halconero said:

FWIW, it haven't met many Latter-day Saint "accelerationists," those who believe he have to fulfill prophecies such as these and bring about the fall of the US or any other country. If anything, there is more of a focus on readiness and willingness to pick up whatever pieces there are if/when it falls.

I agree, but there are the few, the group that were posted on the Chad/Lori Daybell thread. https://www.comefollowme2021.com/ 

They seem to be working against government such as thinking the government is taking their freedoms during this pandemic. Or rising against those that don't fit the original script such as LGBTQ+ crowd.

They don't seem Christlike to me. But say God wants this and He was a warrior in heaven, the war in heaven for instance. It seems they want to go to war against what they think is Satan's way.

I hope it doesn't mean we'll lose our democracy over it, such as not believing the vote was real for the presidency and all kinds of other conspiracy theories. I have grandchildren that probably want a chance to grow up too. Pretty sure they don't believe in climate change and now that's going to make all heck go loose.

It feels evil to me. In the podcast on the link, he talks about having his elementary school daughter go against the mask wearing last school year where they were mandatory, and telling her to fight for her freedoms. She is on the podcast, and then enlisting her friends to go against the mask wearing.

And he says not to let people tell you it's about helping others not get Covid, things like that. These people are fighting for God's constitution, not America's he says. In the meantime, making our freedoms actually melt away, IMO. 

14 hours ago, teddyaware said:

and…

What should they do? The bold.

15 hours ago, teddyaware said:

and…

And of course if you know ETB's political leanings you know which "combination" he was talking about

I used to be a member of it.   He was right.

In more ways than one. ;)