Seriously No Politics ×

I am New to This

Hi, I just signed up to the forums. 

It is nice to meet everybody, and I have some questions about Mormpn faith, and how it operates.  I've been around Catholics, Baptists, and other forms of Christians, however, I've just always felt there was something missing.  

Mormons seem to be the most happiest, and spirited of the people I have been around.  I have a certainsense of spirit myself that I always felt I was a little different compared to most.

Albeit, I am not pasing judgements on different denominations, (I've done that when I was younger, I am39 now), I just feel Mormonismmay be a fit for me.

ThankYou, and I look forward to getting to know you all.  :)

A quick way to familiarize yourself with our doctrine is this manual, Gospel Principles, pretty basic, used for the new converts’ class.  I like it that way as less likely to veer into speculation, which we as a people are prone to do and which is quite fun, but we need to identify it as such and not suggest our speculation is something all members need to believe.  The manual is a pretty quick read. 

I like reading it online because the scriptures are easy to look up with links.   Probably best to read it from beginning to end and not jump around as it builds on previously taught ideas. 

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/manual/gospel-principles?lang=eng

This site has all kinds of Latter-day Saints and includes some critics, so don’t assume someone is teaching doctrine unless they provide documentation from official sources. We on this message board are a very opinionated and confident group in general and love to hear ourselves talk….me especially as you can tell from my post count (the board is my major source of social life due to some health issues).

On 8/29/2021 at 2:28 PM, SightBeyondSight said:

Hi, I just signed up to the forums. 

It is nice to meet everybody, and I have some questions about Mormpn faith, and how it operates.  I've been around Catholics, Baptists, and other forms of Christians, however, I've just always felt there was something missing.  

Mormons seem to be the most happiest, and spirited of the people I have been around.  I have a certainsense of spirit myself that I always felt I was a little different compared to most.

Albeit, I am not pasing judgements on different denominations, (I've done that when I was younger, I am39 now), I just feel Mormonismmay be a fit for me.

ThankYou, and I look forward to getting to know you all.  :)

It's good to have you here!