Seriously No Politics ×

COVID-19 strikes again, too close to home!

Pleas be in prayer for my oldest daughter, my son-in-law, and their five children. All of whom have tested positive for COVID-19,(probably the Delta variant) so now my entire family must quarantine for the next ten day. Since we were all together for Sunday Dinner, and sitting side by side in Church. We now number 20 family members (who were together), in our home Sunday, will need to and should quarantine for the next ten days. At the time, we all thought that those in my daughter’s family suffered from bad colds. Thankfully all others over 12 yrs, have been vaccinated, except my daughter’s family. I thought she was vaccinated, but she allowed her fear of needles to overrule her good judgement, 😢. Despite her flawed judgement, I still love her and worry as she and her family, suffer from the effects of COVID-19. So, I still ask for your prayers. 

Again PLEASE, everyone, “follow the Prophet’s” advice, and get vaccinated, if your circumstances allow. There are so many difficult things happening in our family right now, “serious illness”, and now “serious worry”, so (again) I humbly ask for your prayers. My wife worries, due to my already compromised condition, and now worries over our babies, and grandbabies, as do I. 

Anyway, if you think of me as a friend, or friendly towards you, please make sure the following names are part of your prayers. Also to make sure these names are on the “Prayer Rolls” of as many Temples, in many places as possible. I ask not for myself, but for those I love listed below

Pamela Lee (Spouse) 

Sonya Bush (Daughter) 

Spencer Bush (Son-in-law)

Macy Bush (Granddaughter) 

Addie Kate Bush (Granddaughter) 

Remy Bush (Granddaughter) 

Jamison Bush (Grandson) 

Carly Bush (Granddaughter) 

May God bless you all, and I thank you all in advance! To coin a phrase, “God love you, I know I do”. 

My brother’s family got almost all taken down a month or so ago after a family get together and then a wedding. (Positive it was Delta due to how many and how quickly it infected). My brother is vaccinated and was the worst though never hospitalized and would feel decent part of the day and then worse as the day went on and that was getting worse each day, but he is immuno compromised. His doctor put him on the “cocktail” Trump got just in case (it had only been 3 days iirc) and that stopped the slow progression downward very quickly and last I heard 2 weeks after getting sick he  was back at work, still a little tired but otherwise sound. 

Everyone else vaccinated or not, including lots of under 12, either didn’t have symptoms or were only mild ones for a few days, except for the original infectee as her health isn’t great (which is why she didn’t recognize she was infected), but it wasn’t that bad for her and ran its course naturally in two weeks even for her. 

Not to say you can just ignore it as it can quickly turn around, but much more likely not too.  Don’t worry yourself sicker over what might be when the might be’s are pretty good usually.  And very, very low rates of hospitalizations for the vaccinated, so hopefully you and your wife can have peace about each other and most of the rest of your family for that reason and for your daughter’s…they are young and low risk even without the vaccine. 

But don’t let them rely on natural immunity and tell them to still get vaccinated when they get better to help prevent it from happening again.  Studies are generally showing vaccination with natural immunity (from being infected) is better than just natural immunity. 

Prayers for you and your family that it turns out okay. If you start feeling worse, be sure and get with your doctor as there is treatment that is very effective and doesn’t require anything major.

Edited by Calm

It is only been a day, but this disease moves fast, but in both getting sick and getting better…so I may be checking in daily for a bit. Just ignore if too bothersome…but how is everyone doing so far?

23 hours ago, Calm said:

It is only been a day, but this disease moves fast, but in both getting sick and getting better…so I may be checking in daily for a bit. Just ignore if too bothersome…but how is everyone doing so far?

Second that.

12 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

How is your family doing?

Pam and I are OK, although we did get sick. My daughter and four of her kids are sick. One of her daughters did not get sick, so she is staying with us, and misses her Mom and Dad. At least she is able to go to school. 

On 8/20/2021 at 8:56 PM, Calm said:

If their ox level gets below 90, they will go to the hospital. Right now it is 91 (my daughter’s) and 92, for my son-in-law.

4 hours ago, Bill “Papa” Lee said:

If their ox level gets below 90, they will go to the hospital. Right now it is 91 (my daughter’s) and 92, for my son-in-law.

Too close for comfort, sorry about what you all are going through.