Seriously No Politics ×

book of Mormon app vs book

poptart

Lost my copy years ago, decided to try the app, wow they put a lot of work into that thing.  Is there a pc version?  Don't feel like reading on my phone.  I'm old school hence why I've always stuck with physical copies.  I kind of despise new tech and it's social media friendly trappings.  That being said, I'll say it again wow the Gospel library app is neat! Lots of cool colors and pictures plus guides.

Edited by poptart

Here is the link: Gospel library  I don't know if you have created an account or not.  With an account you can mark and make notes etc.  As members we use our member number to create an account, but from what I understand you should be able to do it too - you just won't be able to access some things like the directory for the ward that covers your location.

23 hours ago, Rain said:

Here is the link: Gospel library  I don't know if you have created an account or not.  With an account you can mark and make notes etc.  As members we use our member number to create an account, but from what I understand you should be able to do it too - you just won't be able to access some things like the directory for the ward that covers your location.

Just as neat as the app.  I'm just a bit of a tech phobe, I'll throw money at a decent phone and treat it like a portable PC but that's about it.  Debated getting a smart watch for when I'm working on the floor, lousy HIPPA laws.  I may get a tablet eventually, think almost everyone I know has one.

Just toss this out there, know a few people here watch Southpark (and maybe have seen "copies" of the BOM musical, I have...).  Anyway, the Mormon episode?  Just so you know lot of us were always a bit jealous, the one good family in the whole town and people have to nit pick and be mean.  Your church offers top quality stuff for free, like how the music section has stuff from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, very nice touch.  That and yeah, lots of pretty colors, I like colors.

36 minutes ago, poptart said:

Your church offers top quality stuff for free, like how the music section has stuff from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, very nice touch.  That and yeah, lots of pretty colors, I like colors.

That’s what happens when you are the only true and living church ;)

15 minutes ago, Fether said:

That’s what happens when you are the only true and living church ;)

Lol I wouldn't go that far, I'd say you learned by watching everyone else in this country be at each others throats.  If anything, i'd say right you you're being the smart church.  Sad thing is, in other places it's like it used to be here, Christianity is in pitiful shape here.  They've chosen to ignore the poor and vulnerable while embracing politics, the entitlement and smugness makes me want to vomit, just how their ilk is here in general anymore.

Wish they had more of this here, all are welcome not just the privileged.  

Edited by poptart
On 8/9/2021 at 12:56 PM, poptart said:

Lost my copy years ago, decided to try the app, wow they put a lot of work into that thing.  Is there a pc version?  Don't feel like reading on my phone.  I'm old school hence why I've always stuck with physical copies.  I kind of despise new tech and it's social media friendly trappings.  That being said, I'll say it again wow the Gospel library app is neat! Lots of cool colors and pictures plus guides.

There's an app on the Microsoft store for windows 10.  Otherwise just use the web browser.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Fred said:

I think crystal displays are better than paper displays, as long as you have the power to make the crystal displays work.  Battery power or plug in connections to power the crystal displays.  With crystal displays on phones on tablets or screens for a computer you also usually get links in the app or software that displays the content, also allowing quick searches of the electronic data within the software or app on the device.  And usually a browser too so that you can search the world wide web for more content about the same topic or issue.  Paper is good when that power to make crystal displays isn't available though.  I still keep paper copies for backup information.

I'm a minimalist, only smart device I own is my phone.  I'm also old school, I prefer book in hand.  You get a feel you just don't get with "electronic media".  Also, I have issues with insomnia sometimes, the LCD light from smart devices can ruin your sleep, or so i've read.  It took me years to fix poor sleep hygiene as well as some other personal issues.  

That being said, what I do like about the app, when I'm talking to Mormon friends and posting in places like this it's so easy to reference stuff.  Plus the art, I love pictures.  Here's one I'm quite fond of.

American Indians (churchofjesuschrist.org)

joseph_smith_preaching_indians.jpeg