Seriously No Politics ×

Covid cases, hospitalizations, death trends and other touchy subjects…

44 minutes ago, bluebell said:

Emergency Room is supposed to be for emergencies but people go there for whatever reason they want, which is why the wait times can sometimes be long.

It is where folks without insurance go for treatment. No one can be turned away.

Bernard Gui, I am sure you know that Kimmel was just playing to his audience. I think there are a significant portion of folks who totally agree with his position. They believe that natural selection will do its work . Play stupid games, get stupid prizes . 

There is one elephant in the room. One side thinks the unvaccinated are stupid. The problem is they fail to note that they are talking about many POC who are way more likely to be unvaccinated and are hardly " right-wing dolts " 

4 minutes ago, strappinglad said:

Bernard Gui, I am sure you know that Kimmel was just playing to his audience. I think there are a significant portion of folks who totally agree with his position. They believe that natural selection will do its work . Play stupid games, get stupid prizes . 

There is one elephant in the room. One side thinks the unvaccinated are stupid. The problem is they fail to note that they are talking about many POC who are way more likely to be unvaccinated and are hardly " right-wing dolts " 

Yes, he was playing to his audience. It got the expected cheers and applause. That’s what entertainers do. I doubt he would crack that lamentable joke at an NRA conference….if he signed on to perform at one.

I wonder if those folks would feel the same about obese people, AIDS sufferers, alcoholics, etc. Prolly not.

Yes, that is an inconvenient truth. 

13 minutes ago, pogi said:

He is on a mission, don’t distract him with what is happening on the ground in hospitals right now.  Deal with celebrities first...then Covid.  That is the triage protocol

There’s an echo in the room.

Context is everything. 

Not every comment is  made to the exclusion of all else that is wrong in the world.

Edited by Bernard Gui