Seriously No Politics ×

Covid III: Delta Force

1 hour ago, Peacefully said:

Just got my flu shot and COVID (Moderna)booster today. The COVID booster is a half dose. The person who administered it mentioned that people have been telling her that they are having less of a reaction with this shot than with the first two, so 🤞  

I got my booster yesterday. It was definitely less than the last one, but still knocked me out for a good chunk of today with flu like symptoms. I swear, if I’d gotten legit covid i would have been as sick as a dog with my reactions. 
 I was planning to get the flu shot today, but my body has had enough adventures for one week, so that’s on hold. 

2 hours ago, BlueDreams said:

I got my booster yesterday. It was definitely less than the last one, but still knocked me out for a good chunk of today with flu like symptoms. I swear, if I’d gotten legit covid i would have been as sick as a dog with my reactions. 
 I was planning to get the flu shot today, but my body has had enough adventures for one week, so that’s on hold. 

I hope you feel better soon! Since my husband had COVID and I didn’t get it, it seems possible that my strong reaction to the vaccine may have given me a lot of immunity, but that is just a guess. 

Edited by Peacefully
4 hours ago, Peacefully said:

Just got my flu shot and COVID (Moderna)booster today. The COVID booster is a half dose. The person who administered it mentioned that people have been telling her that they are having less of a reaction with this shot than with the first two, so 🤞  

I got a booster recently along with a flu shot on the same day. My reaction was very mild. I had sore arms at both injection sites, and a slight fever the second day, which could have been caused by the flu shot as the flu shot often gives me a fever. I had some mild muscle aches that extended to the third day that were reminiscent of the first two shots, but nothing an ibuprofen couldn't handle. I didn't need to curtail any of my normal activities. By the fourth day, I felt fine.

My parents both got their booster as well (but not the flu shot) and had no complaints at all beyond the sore arm.

If anyone is undecided, I'd definitely recommend getting the booster if you are eligible. Maybe time it so you can take it easy the next day, but other than that you should be fine 

8 minutes ago, Emily said:

I got a booster recently along with a flu shot on the same day. My reaction was very mild. I had sore arms at both injection sites, and a slight fever the second day, which could have been caused by the flu shot as the flu shot often gives me a fever. I had some mild muscle aches that extended to the third day that were reminiscent of the first two shots, but nothing an ibuprofen couldn't handle. I didn't need to curtail any of my normal activities. By the fourth day, I felt fine.

My parents both got their booster as well (but not the flu shot) and had no complaints at all beyond the sore arm.

If anyone is undecided, I'd definitely recommend getting the booster if you are eligible. Maybe time it so you can take it easy the next day, but other than that you should be fine 

Agreed! Since I had a really strong reaction to the first shot, and a moderately strong reaction to the second shot, I decided to get the booster on a Friday afternoon to avoid missing work. My employer gives us time off for the shot and any side effects, but since I already know the shots usually affect me adversely, I think it is only right to try and minimize the time time off I may need. But so far, I’m feeling ok:)👍 

On 11/19/2021 at 6:53 PM, BlueDreams said:

22 hours ago, Emily said:

I'm surprised you can get them so close together.   I know they wanted my covid shot at least 3 weeks from my Shingrix shot.

I had not a single side effect with my booster.  Arm wasn't even tender. 

Update on my getting my booster and flu shot yesterday: I woke up during the night with a cough and some muscle aches. Got up for awhile and then went back to sleep. Took a couple of naps today because I felt more tired than usual. Feeling ok now. So far my reaction has been minimal compared to the the first two shots. I am taking Tylenol, as needed. 

1 hour ago, Rain said:

I'm surprised you can get them so close together.   I know they wanted my covid shot at least 3 weeks from my Shingrix shot.

I had not a single side effect with my booster.  Arm wasn't even tender. 

Maybe different vaccinations or more research has changed some recommendations? 

I would have gotten the flu shot yesterday, but the effect from the booster was bigger than I expected. It was still a little less than the 2nd (the worst one for me). I've been having low-key migraines and subsequent muscle tension and I think the flu symptoms just pushed my muscle tension it into another migraine. It likely wouldn't have felt as bad if I'd done it on a better week. 

With luv,

BD

I would be cautious about the report. The test used looks like a home test and there doesn’t seem to be any citations of it in the first few pages of my googling. Doesn’t mean it doesn’t work, but it appears to be limited to alternative health intent on promoting it…though this is pure guess work of a few minutes scanning names of websites. I got to get back to sleep. 

1 hour ago, bsjkki said:

Can someone translate this for non doctors? 
https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/abs/10.1161/circ.144.suppl_1.10712

it is another study showing a slightly increased risk of cardiovascular issues from the vaccine. It is actually pretty good news. Shows that the impact fades within a few months. It is very treatable for those it impacts. It is a good warning to doctors with patients with preexisting cardiovascular issues may need monitoring for a few months. The impact is probably treatable with things like blood thinners.

It is probably worth noting that this side effect is much less severe than the cardiovascular issues that sometimes manifest with even asymptomatic covid and both are almost nothing compared to what happens when you have a severe case of Covid.

4 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

it is another study showing a slightly increased risk of cardiovascular issues from the vaccine. It is actually pretty good news. Shows that the impact fades within a few months. It is very treatable for those it impacts. It is a good warning to doctors with patients with preexisting cardiovascular issues may need monitoring for a few months. The impact is probably treatable with things like blood thinners.

It is probably worth noting that this side effect is much less severe than the cardiovascular issues that sometimes manifest with even asymptomatic covid and both are almost nothing compared to what happens when you have a severe case of Covid.

Is the test a mainstream one?  Just curious.  I need to refine my Google technique if it is. 

Edited by Calm
10 minutes ago, Calm said:

Is the test a mainstream one?  Just curious.  I need to refine my Google technique if it is. 

It is not super mainstream. It is only used on people aged 40 plus and from what I read has enough evidence backing it to view it as a method of gauging risk in people with no history of heart problems. The FDA approved it.

I hate the name. It sounds too much like pulse test and skews search results.

10 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

It is not super mainstream. It is only used on people aged 40 plus and from what I read has enough evidence backing it to view it as a method of gauging risk in people with no history of heart problems. The FDA approved it.

I hate the name. It sounds too much like pulse test and skews search results.

So is it for home use or do I need to put off reading anything of depth for a couple of hours?

Second day after COVID booster and flu shot: Fatigue and stomach issues this morning. Skipped sacrament but went to primary since I promised to sub. Slept when I got home and I’m feeling pretty much back to normal. I would say order of severity of side effects for me: 1st shot, 2nd shot, booster. Still worth it:)

14 minutes ago, Peacefully said:

Second day after COVID booster and flu shot: Fatigue and stomach issues this morning. Skipped sacrament but went to primary since I promised to sub. Slept when I got home and I’m feeling pretty much back to normal. I would say order of severity of side effects for me: 1st shot, 2nd shot, booster. Still worth it:)

Set up mine and my husband's for next Sunday. :)

5 hours ago, ERMD said:

No reason was given as to why a nonstandard lab test was just given out en masse in a Cardiology clinic, and how this helped the patients pre-vaccination. 

Wonder who got a profit from his patients taking the test, just the company that produced them, the lab that processes, or the doctor’s off in some fashion, such as distributing the tests. Or charging for the appts to discuss them. 

5 hours ago, Calm said:

Wonder who got a profit from his patients taking the test, just the company that produced them, the lab that processes, or the doctor’s off in some fashion, such as distributing the tests. Or charging for the appts to discuss them. 

The author’s medical practice now focuses on lifestyle medicine and wellness.  He sells a number of supplements from his website. Huge conflict of interest.