Seriously No Politics ×

Alaska Assistant Attorney General in "DezNat" Trouble

Just now, Stargazer said:

Yeah, thanks for the unnecessary interjection. You may be right, but if you're in England, the word "fanny" refers to the same thing, so don't say someone is just sitting on their fanny there. And my usage of that word is similar to how other words referring vulgarly to male genitalia are used, like calling someone a "richard". The board software likes to substitute "****" for that one. But is perfectly happy with the one I used.

He's not a mere "twit". Which means "bird brained; of low intelligence" and doesn't apply at all. I'm trying to be vulgar with respect to this guy. I'm trying to be offensive towards him.  Without going too far over the top.

I want to punch his face. But words will have to do.

Very well.  Just trying to help.

1 minute ago, ttribe said:

Very well.  Just trying to help.

Edited my original post to de-bowdlerize it (and edited your quotation, too).

I wasn't comfortable with my vehemence, either.

1 hour ago, poptart said:

I always find it interesting when people talk about how Hitler was a vegetarian, didn't drink etc.  Not only was all that propaganda, he was a total druggie as was a lot of Germany at the time.  Some people will praise anyone so long as that persons life and ideas fit their own self narrative.  

Some of it was overdone. It is possible he was an inconsistent vegetarian but the evidence is spotty. He didn’t eat a lot of meat. He was definitely using drugs particularly towards the end. The one thing the Nazis were weirdly obsessed with was animal rights. They banned basic operations on pets with anesthesia, largely despised hunting, passed a slew of laws about relatively humane ways to kill food animals, and punishments were as high as two years in prison for animal abuse. They also made it illegal for Jews to own pets and humanely euthanized them. They were less humane about the Jews who were then carted away.

Animal abuse laws are one of the weird legacies of fascism. Some of them are still on the German law books.

This is a pointless derail but I hope you enjoyed it as a weird fact.

Edited by The Nehor

https://www.deseret.com/platform/amp/indepth/2021/7/21/22587664/alaska-assistant-attorney-general-under-investigation-for-deznat-twitter-account-jreubenclark?__twitter_impression=true

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2021/07/21/assistant-alaskan-ag/

I just spent a half an hour reading their FB page….so not linking it, but easy to find…be warned though it screenshots vulgarities if that bothers you and their own stuff is offensive imo. 

While the founder, Bellum, claims DezNat was formed to deradicalize young members from White Nationalism and that they were highly successful, the posts are mainly nasty attacks on those they see as enemies (they have an “apostate of the day” series) or reposts of nasty attacks on them, with a rare positive post.  I am not seeing how they can bring any light into anyone’s life the way they have chosen. It feels more like they are turning defending the faith into very unwholesome entertainment.  There is no apparent sorrow expressed in the pain that comes with what they see as wickedness, just anger, disdain, and what reads as hatred.

I don’t have much of a problem with calling out those you believe are leading people astray, false doctrines, etc., after all I am a member of FAIR, but this is pretty vile too often and feels like they are just leading themselves and others to jump into a different pit if they have managed to pull anyone out of the pit of white nationalism.

7 hours ago, Calm said:

https://www.deseret.com/platform/amp/indepth/2021/7/21/22587664/alaska-assistant-attorney-general-under-investigation-for-deznat-twitter-account-jreubenclark?__twitter_impression=true

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2021/07/21/assistant-alaskan-ag/

I just spent a half an hour reading their FB page….so not linking it, but easy to find…be warned though it screenshots vulgarities if that bothers you and their own stuff is offensive imo. 

While the founder, Bellum, claims DezNat was formed to deradicalize young members from White Nationalism and that they were highly successful, the posts are mainly nasty attacks on those they see as enemies (they have an “apostate of the day” series) or reposts of nasty attacks on them, with a rare positive post.  I am not seeing how they can bring any light into anyone’s life the way they have chosen. It feels more like they are turning defending the faith into very unwholesome entertainment.  There is no apparent sorrow expressed in the pain that comes with what they see as wickedness, just anger, disdain, and what reads as hatred.

I don’t have much of a problem with calling out those you believe are leading people astray, false doctrines, etc., after all I am a member of FAIR, but this is pretty vile too often and feels like they are just leading themselves and others to jump into a different pit if they have managed to pull anyone out of the pit of white nationalism.

Sometimes the idea of white nationalism is so far out of my realm of thinking that I've come to realize there are people who really are and they see others like themselves and are more open to come out I guess. That's what seems to be happening especially in the last 4 or so years.

This poor guy got his name dragged into it. 

His username is jreubenclark and the actual guy is jreubenciark. He used a capital "I", which looks like a lowercase L. 

https://twitter.com/JReubenCIark?s=20

Edited by MorningStar

For the moment, let’s focus like a laser on one specific point of this controversy. Will someone with common sense (those without common sense need not respond) please explain to me why asserting that last summer’s violent BLM protestors, who caused over 2 billion dollars in insured property damage through arson, extreme vandalism and massive looting, needed to be arrested and imprisoned for their very real crimes is somehow an example of ‘toxic’ “white supremacy?” 

13 hours ago, Stargazer said:

Edited my original post to de-bowdlerize it (and edited your quotation, too).

I wasn't comfortable with my vehemence, either.

Deleted my original response to remove the word altogether.

9 minutes ago, teddyaware said:

For the moment, let’s focus like a laser on one specific point of this controversy. Will someone with common sense (those without common sense need not respond) please explain to me why asserting that last summer’s violent BLM protestors, who caused over 2 billion dollars in insured property damage through arson, extreme vandalism and massive looting, needed to be arrested and imprisoned for their very real crimes is somehow an example of ‘toxic’ “white supremacy?” 

I didn't see him differentiate between violent and nonviolent BLM protestors.  He referred to the BLM organization and specifically mentioned all of them.  

1 hour ago, MorningStar said:

This poor guy got his name dragged into it. 

His username is jreubenclark and the actual guy is jreubenciark. He used a capital "I", which looks like a lowercase L. 

https://twitter.com/JReubenCIark?s=20

This happens a lot. This guy leaned into a similar situation and had some fun with it:

img.png?quality=80&width=798

He also said that after the Gaetz story hit his dad called him to laugh and tell him he was doomed. Solid dadding!

On 7/21/2021 at 8:03 PM, Stargazer said:

It is a fact that Hitler was a vegetarian, at least during the last 8 years of his life. And he also didn't drink or smoke. All the evidence supports this. Why is that just propaganda? 

And what does this have to do with taking drugs? Does taking drugs disqualify one from being a true vegetarian? Plenty of hippies would disagree. I don't think that Hitler was a druggie -- he had health problems, and he did took his doctor told him to take. 

Scroll down a bit, yeah I'd believe the last 8 years of his life but during dinner parties the wine/booze flowed, supposedly.  Not saying he partook but I somehow doubt he didn't just drink water.  Towards the end?  Yeah.

Absolutely not, just saying he was on stuff.  Also hey lay off the hippies, the old school ones (legit ones) were cool.  Had one for a teacher, dude was all about sustainable living, teaching kids to be decent people and actually being nice.  Not the good hippies fault a lot of their peers sold out.  Also I'm a bit of a tree hugger, not cool man lol.

Anyway, was referring to this.  

The Amphetamines That Kept German Troops Going | Smithsonian Magazine 

Weimar culture - Wikipedia

Since you're on the other side of the pond if i'm missing something correction and education is always appreciated.  All I have are hand me down stories and what i've read, there's even a book out.  

High Hitler: how Nazi drug abuse steered the course of history | History books | The Guardian

Here's why I took some interest in it, I grew up hearing the UK and other parts of Europe had heroin problems for a while.  The USA is having huge issues with it, in my profession I see it a lot, it's sad.  I've talked to people from the UK who told me horror stories of how bad it used to be, anything I hear when it comes to treatment is always interesting.  I've considered picking up work in the UK if I can get in, I've heard the UK will even take American LPNs.  With how things are going here i've about had it, I want a change of pace and to travel a bit.  Let the idiots go for each others throats for a while, I want out.

On 7/21/2021 at 8:52 PM, The Nehor said:

Some of it was overdone. It is possible he was an inconsistent vegetarian but the evidence is spotty. He didn’t eat a lot of meat. He was definitely using drugs particularly towards the end. The one thing the Nazis were weirdly obsessed with was animal rights. They banned basic operations on pets with anesthesia, largely despised hunting, passed a slew of laws about relatively humane ways to kill food animals, and punishments were as high as two years in prison for animal abuse. They also made it illegal for Jews to own pets and humanely euthanized them. They were less humane about the Jews who were then carted away.

Animal abuse laws are one of the weird legacies of fascism. Some of them are still on the German law books.

This is a pointless derail but I hope you enjoyed it as a weird fact.

Don't forget roads and cars, also jets.  Last Fluent German speaker we had here died a few years ago, worked at Los Alamos labs, he knew a lot of people.  I'm still mad at their museum, they had a model of Little Boy with a sign next to it that said "Please do not ride little boy".  Mom scowled at 18 year old me as did the security guard before he said no with a smirk.  I'd have paid for a photo and a chance to ride that thing.

Just for giggles.  I imagine Hitler was not a fan of Goring.  

Edited by poptart
8 minutes ago, Judd said:

I don’t know who this guys is, but this Twitter account has continued to post since the news broke. Has this individual been questioned or responded publicly?

This was leaked yesterday; purports to be an email sent to the Alaska AG's office personnel.

PPgE5r.jpg

9 hours ago, poptart said:

With how things are going here i've about had it, I want a change of pace and to travel a bit.  Let the idiots go for each others throats for a while, I want out.

Don’t expect much difference over there…depending what you are focused on, from what I am reading the partisanship is just as bad…news media have never even pretended to be objective reporting and tend to be party affiliated…except I am assuming BBC since owned by government, it is supposed to try and be nonpartisan.  Lots of antimasking, anti lockdown, anti vaccination protests…at least as reported.  Racism…read of some pretty vile stuff; guns not so much a problem, but throwing acid at men and women (apparently more male victims in UK, more female worldwide) and increased knife assaults…

Stargazer can tell us if that much different. I haven’t been in two many places, but where I have, each has something they do really wrong and something right in most cases (best bread and cheese ever Russia, but German cheese iirc (been 25 years). 

Edited by Calm
13 hours ago, Calm said:

Don’t expect much difference over there…depending what you are focused on, from what I am reading the partisanship is just as bad…news media have never even pretended to be objective reporting and tend to be party affiliated…except I am assuming BBC since owned by government, it is supposed to try and be nonpartisan.  Lots of antimasking, anti lockdown, anti vaccination protests…at least as reported.  Racism…read of some pretty vile stuff; guns not so much a problem, but throwing acid at men and women (apparently more male victims in UK, more female worldwide) and increased knife assaults…

Stargazer can tell us if that much different. I haven’t been in two many places, but where I have, each has something they do really wrong and something right in most cases (best bread and cheese ever Russia, but German cheese iirc (been 25 years). 

That stuff I kind of expect.  Besides needing a nice change of things there's another more practical reason, fall out from covid and the lawsuits.  Nurses here are treated pretty bad, many are going the traveling route after having hospital admins chew them up and spit them out.  Also costs of housing etc.  Some of the lawsuits I see popping up scare me, last year a lot of places asked me and many others to Do illegal stuff, we were let go in the process.  Needless to say a lot of people turned facilities into the state, the complaints piled up and now a lot of people are reaping the whirlwind.  Not naive enough to think I can flee that, I'm just sick of the legal mess and corporate medicine.

18 hours ago, The Nehor said:

We do know in the end he favored Donitz.

Lol

BTW, any idea how the Assistant attorney general was dox'd?  I have to wonder just how careless people like this are.  I no longer have any social media in my name nor do I cause these kinds of problems.  I have to wonder, was it someone he made mad or a "friend" who wanted to get ahead at his expense.