Picture share thread.

My youngest daughter made me this map to cheer me up, as I spend so much of my time in my room. Oh, I love maps; a lot! She also gave me pins to note where I have been. To date that equals 33 States, and 12 countries, so far. At the lower right side of the map, lies another great love, my Scriptures, which I read, due to my love of reading, and lately because they bring comfort. My family also bought and placed 15 of my poems in this large picture holder, well only 14,  as the top middle reads, “Poems by Bill”. This was bought many years ago. My parents loved it so much, I put it in their house until they both passed away. My brother (one of them) thought I was just being vain. I read two poems, requested by my Mother at her funeral, and he became enraged (as he blew up on the phone afterward) that I would use her death to promote myself. I did not want to speak at her funeral, as I feared I would not get through it, and I didn’t get through the second poem, as I began sobbing. Thankfully, my sister set him straight. Anyway, I love this picture, because most of the things in it, were given to me by those I love, and those who love me. Also those whom I wish to be with for years to come, but this is, and always has been in the hands of God, as all things are. 
image.thumb.jpeg.9cf77ffb25a939d3fffb923b9ceb1403.jpeg

Edited by Bill “Papa” Lee
  • 3 weeks later...

My Mother and my Adopted Father who made us his own, and gave us his name. The great Pastor and Fisherman whom became my Father, standing next to my beautiful Mother. I am the one peeking from behind the wall. This was Christmas 1962, I believe? 
image.thumb.jpeg.9d88a2c02c769167d1dbac746f070208.jpeg

3 hours ago, Bill “Papa” Lee said:

My Mother and my Adopted Father who made us his own, and gave us his name. The great Pastor and Fisherman whom became my Father, standing next to my beautiful Mother. I am the one peeking from behind the wall. This was Christmas 1962, I believe? 

They look happy.  And you are much shorter than I imagined you to be.

39 minutes ago, Bill “Papa” Lee said:

In this very large birthing suite, and as I was about to get out, the doctor says, “Sorry Dad or Papa, you have to stay put”. So I told the doctor, “no, not happening, let me out”!

I not only had to arrange all of my wife's births, I had to assist. 

I genuinely don't get the whole dad-cutting-the-cord thing, that midwifes are hung up on. Didn't do anything for me.

My husband did the cord for the first kid and thought the afterbirth looked cool. I declined a viewing. Told them just send it to the incinerator, thank you very much. His sister was the assisting nurse and the doctor had just delivered her first child the month before, so it was like a little party for the three of them.

The only thing I have ever cared to look at that came out of my own body are my children. Doesn’t bug me in the least for other people…I think I could even do dissection if I could handle the smell (smells extremely sensitive too), but I guess I like to pretend my body is essentially living marble, smooth and elegant and looking the same no matter where you cut.