Seriously No Politics ×

What do you like about this forum?

On 7/11/2021 at 6:39 PM, 2BizE said:

Joseph Smith once said, “I never thought it was right to call up a man and try him because he erred in doctrine, it looks too much like Methodism and not like Latter day Saintism. Methodists have creeds which a man must believe or be kicked out of their church. I want the liberty of believing as I please, it feels so good not to be tramelled.” Joseph Smith in The Words of Joseph Smith, pp. 183-184.

I also believe that I do not need to believe every doctrine and creed of Mormonism.  I want the liberty to believe as I please.  What is is shared on this forum is mostly for likeminded folks.  I do not have an orthodox view of Mormonism. I believe to truly learn, one must understand and appreciate points of view different from their own.  I help provide those different points of view on this forum.

We forget that Joseph said that.

It should be trumpeted from the rooftops in Utah!  ;)

Edited by mfbukowski
On 7/10/2021 at 6:05 PM, Rain said:

After posting with CA boy and going off an idea he had based on Bernard's thread I'm starting a new one.

This is for answering the questions only.  Not discussion. Like Bernard said, that would be for another thread.

1. What do you like about this board?

A. The diversity of viewpoints.

B. The moderators keeping things more or less civil.

On 7/10/2021 at 6:05 PM, Rain said:

2. What do you want from the board?  (Place to learn, place to debate, place to be entertained etc.  NOT how you want others to behave).

Place to learn and debate, yes.

"To be entertained," not so much.

Thanks,

-Smac

3 minutes ago, Calm said:

That was the spam, down now. 

Ah, good. Was very puzzled.

Not the least of which was the reference to MS 360, which doesn't exist. It's 365. Which might be why he made it 360... because the board software was 403 Forbidding me every time I tried posting about it.

Edited by Stargazer

The board has a rich history, especially when it was a Fairboard. When the Internet hit the church, the board was there to help members deal with it. There were some rough and tumble discussion back in the beginnings of the century. It was a wonderful learning experience defending the church. The board changed with the times. It is a good place to come to read posts about the church and get some opinions. But I do miss the rough and tumble days. But..time moves on and time changes people. And this board is a reflection of that.

21 hours ago, The Nehor said:

That I have probably ticked off almost everyone here at one time or another and we are still here.

I want more threads with topics that cry out for my unwanted and irrelevant takes.

I'm starting to worry about you.  Are you ok?  I know you were dealing with depression and job loss.  Are things going any better in that direction?  

4 minutes ago, Rain said:

I'm starting to worry about you.

I appreciate it.

Are you ok?

I honestly have no idea.

I know you were dealing with depression and job loss.

Yes.

5 minutes ago, Rain said:

Are things going any better in that direction?  

No, but my finances are fine for a few more years before being jobless will hurt me and the depression has been with me for about a decade now so I am used to it and don't expect it to end any time soon.

21 hours ago, The Nehor said:

That I have probably ticked off almost everyone here at one time or another and we are still here.

I want more threads with topics that cry out for my unwanted and irrelevant takes.

Well, your takes definitely keep things interesting. It’s nice to debate things online even if you view me as an ignorant Nazi sympathizer. 😂 Hopefully not a Nazi because I don’t want to be punched in the face. 😬🤣

1 hour ago, The Nehor said:

I appreciate it.

I honestly have no idea.

Yes.

No, but my finances are fine for a few more years before being jobless will hurt me and the depression has been with me for about a decade now so I am used to it and don't expect it to end any time soon.

I hope the best for you.  Can we keep watch for any specific job and let you know if we see it?