Seriously No Politics ×

'A message from the gay community performed by the san francisco gay mens chorus'

Wow:

Here are the lyrics:

YOU THINK WE'RE SINFUL,
YOU FIGHT AGAINST OUR RIGHTS,
YOU SAY WE ALL LEAD LIVES YOU CAN'T RESPECT.
BUT YOU'RE JUST FRIGHTENED,
YOU THINK THAT WE'LL CORRUPT YOUR KIDS
IF OUR AGENDA GOES UNCHECKED.
FUNNY, JUST THIS ONCE, YOU'RE CORRECT.

WE'LL CONVERT YOUR CHILDREN,
HAPPENS BIT BY BIT,
QUIETLY AND SUBTLELY
AND YOU WILL BARELY NOTICE IT,
YOU CAN KEEP THEM FROM DISCO,
WARN ABOUT SAN FRANCISCO.
MAKE 'EM WEAR PLEATED PANTS,
WE DON'T CARE...
WE'LL CONVERT YOUR CHILDREN...
WE'LL MAKE THEM TOLERANT AND FAIR.

JUST LIKE YOU WORRIED,
THEY'LL CHANGE THEIR GROUP OF FRIENDS,
YOU WON'T APPROVE OF WHERE THEY GO AT NIGHT
(TO PROTESTS)
OH, AND YOU'LL BE DISGUSTED
(SO GROSS)
WHEN THEY START FINDING THINGS ONLINE
THAT YOU'VE KEPT FAR FROM THEIR SIGHT
(LIKE INFORMATION...)
GUESS WHAT?
YOU'LL STILL BE ALRIGHT!

REACHING ONE AND ALL.
THERE'S REALLY NO ESCAPING IT
'CAUSE EVEN GRANDMA LIKES RUPAUL.
AND THE WORLD'S GETTING KINDER.
GEN Z'S GAYER THAN GRINDR.
LEARN TO LOVE,
LEARN TO VOGUE,
FACE YOUR FATE!
SOMEONE'S GOTTA TEACH THEM NOT TO HATE.

WE'RE COMING FOR THEM
WE'RE COMING FOR YOUR CHILDREN
WE'RE COMING FOR THEM
WE'RE COMING FOR THEM
WE'RE COMING FOR YOUR CHILDREN
FOR YOUR CHILDREN

YOU'RE CHILDREN WILL CARE ABOUT
FAIRNESS AND JUSTICE FOR OTHERS
YOUR CHILDREN WILL WORK TO CONVERT
ALL THEIR SISTERS AND BROTHERS
THEN, SOON, WE'RE ALMOST CERTAIN,
YOU'RE KIDS WILL START CONVERTIN' YOU!

THE GAY AGENDA IS COMING HOME
THE GAY AGENDA IS HERE!

BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY
'CAUSE THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH
STANDING BY OUR SIDE
GET ON BOARD IN A HURRY
BECAUSE THE WORLD ALWAYS NEEDS
A BIT MORE PRIDE

BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY
'CAUSE THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH
STANDING BY OUR SIDE
(THE GAY AGENDA)
GET ON BOARD IN A HURRY
BECAUSE THE WORLD ALWAYS NEEDS
A BIT MORE PRIDE
(THE GAY AGENDA)

COME ON, TRY A LITTLE PRIDE!

THEN WE'LL TURN TO YOU,
GIVING UP THE FEAR INSIDE
IS FREEING LIKE YOU NEVER KNEW!

GO AND SEE SAN FRANCISCO!
GO AND TURN UP THAT DISCO!
YOU'LL FORGET YOU WERE EVER UPSET.
AND MAKE AN ALLY OF YOU YET!
WE'LL MAKE AN ALLY OF YOU YET!
WE'LL MAKE AN ALLY OF YOU YET!

• "YOU THINK THAT WE'LL CORRUPT YOUR KIDS ... JUST THIS ONCE, YOU'RE CORRECT."
  • "WE'LL CONVERT YOUR CHILDREN, HAPPENS BIT BY BIT, QUIETLY AND SUBTLELY, AND YOU WILL BARELY NOTICE IT."
  • "JUST LIKE YOU WORRIED, THEY'LL CHANGE THEIR GROUP OF FRIENDS, YOU WON'T APPROVE OF WHERE THEY GO AT NIGHT."
  • "WE'LL CONVERT YOUR CHILDREN ... THERE'S REALLY NO ESCAPING IT."
  • "WE'RE COMING FOR THEM, WE'RE COMING FOR YOUR CHILDREN, WE'RE COMING FOR THEM, WE'RE COMING FOR THEM, WE'RE COMING FOR YOUR CHILDREN, FOR YOUR CHILDREN."
  • "THE GAY AGENDA IS COMING HOME, THE GAY AGENDA IS HERE!"

Yeesh.  I'm trying to understand what these guys hope to accomplish with this stuff.

As Harold Finch put it: "It's not paranoia if they're really out to get you."

Or, to be more precise, out to get our children.

I'd like some input.  This does not seem to be a one-off.  Not an isolated thing.  It looks like it is a calculated, planned thing.  The lyrics were written.  Music was orchestrated.  Performers, dozens and dozens of them, made the video.  It was all posted on YouTube.  And it was apparently posted by the San Francisco Gay Mens Chorus, the same group that performed with the Tabernacle Choir in 2018.

Also, I just noticed this in the vid's description:

This video was posted by the San Francisco Gay Mens Chorus on July 1, 2021 and then DELETED today, July 7th. I wonder why?

The main chorus of the song is "We'll convert your children..." to our gay agenda.

It received 63 dislikes and 3,100 dislikes, as shown by the screen shot.

What on earth is going on here?

As Richard Nixon observed: "It's not the act that kills you. It's the cover-up; it's the lie."

Thanks,

-Smac

Edited by smac97
30 minutes ago, smac97 said:

Wow:

Here are the lyrics:

• "YOU THINK THAT WE'LL CORRUPT YOUR KIDS ... JUST THIS ONCE, YOU'RE CORRECT."
  • "WE'LL CONVERT YOUR CHILDREN, HAPPENS BIT BY BIT, QUIETLY AND SUBTLELY, AND YOU WILL BARELY NOTICE IT."
  • "JUST LIKE YOU WORRIED, THEY'LL CHANGE THEIR GROUP OF FRIENDS, YOU WON'T APPROVE OF WHERE THEY GO AT NIGHT."
  • "WE'LL CONVERT YOUR CHILDREN ... THERE'S REALLY NO ESCAPING IT."
  • "WE'RE COMING FOR THEM, WE'RE COMING FOR YOUR CHILDREN, WE'RE COMING FOR THEM, WE'RE COMING FOR THEM, WE'RE COMING FOR YOUR CHILDREN, FOR YOUR CHILDREN."
  • "THE GAY AGENDA IS COMING HOME, THE GAY AGENDA IS HERE!"

Yeesh.  I'm trying to understand what these guys hope to accomplish with this stuff.

As Harold Finch put it: "It's not paranoia if they're really out to get you."

Or, to be more precise, out to get our children.

I'd like some input.  This does not seem to be a one-off.  Not an isolated thing.  It looks like it is a calculated, planned thing.  The lyrics were written.  Music was orchestrated.  Performers, dozens and dozens of them, made the video.  It was all posted on YouTube.  And it was apparently posted by the San Francisco Gay Mens Chorus, the same group that performed with the Tabernacle Choir in 2018.

Also, I just noticed this in the vid's description:

What on earth is going on here?

As Richard Nixon observed: "It's not the act that kills you. It's the cover-up; it's the lie."

Thanks,

-Smac

I don't have too much of an issue with it. I get their point. There was no message suggesting they would be about the business of converting our children to the gay lifestyle but rather being more inclusive. I hope my kids DO love disco and no, we won't be visiting San Fran any time soon though it isn't because of the LGBT community. SF is going to the dogs for other reasons. ; )

My disconnect is the implication? there is still rampant, unchecked, systemic homophobia throughout the nation. Aside from having to deal with a few 'knuckledraggers' who will always hate, what exactly is the LGBT community prevented from doing or must endure in the public square that the rest of us don't have to worry about?

58 minutes ago, california boy said:

Some will try and twist their message into a message of fear and call for mobilization against the LGBT community.  But what you posted Is the message of this song and you are right it has already happened.  Hopefully a message that most members support 

I'm reminded of this:

Michael Swift: "Gay Revolutionary"

From Gay Community News, Feb. 15-21, 1987
(reprinted from The Congressional Record, with preface restored)

In 1987, Michael Swift was asked to contribute an editorial piece to GCN, an important gay community magazine, although well to the left of most American gay and lesbian opinion. A decade later this text, printed in the Congressional Record is repeatedly cited, apparently verbatim, by the religious right as evidence of the "Gay Agenda". The video Gay Rights, Special Rights, put out by Lou Sheldon's Traditional Values Coalition cites it with ominous music and picture of children. But when the religious rights cites this text, they always omit, as does the Congressional record, the vital first line, which sets the context for the piece. In other words, every other version of this found on the net is part of the radical right's great lie about gay people. For a discussion of the whole "Gay vs. Religious Right" phenomenon see Chris Bull and John Gallagher: Perfect Enemies: The Religious Right, the Gay Movement, and the Politics of the 1990s, (New York: Crown, 1996)

This essay is an outré, madness, a tragic, cruel fantasy, an eruption of inner rage, on how the oppressed desperately dream of being the oppressor.

We shall sodomize your sons, emblems of your feeble masculinity, of your shallow dreams and vulgar lies. We shall seduce them in your schools, in your dormitories, in your gymnasiums, in your locker rooms, in your sports arenas, in your seminaries, in your youth groups, in your movie theater bathrooms, in your army bunkhouses, in your truck stops, in your all male clubs, in your houses of Congress, wherever men are with men together. Your sons shall become our minions and do our bidding. They will be recast in our image. They will come to crave and adore us.

If you dare to cry faggot, fairy, queer, at us, we will stab you in your cowardly hearts and defile your dead, puny bodies.

We will unmask the powerful homosexuals who masquerade as heterosexuals. You will be shocked and frightened when you find that your presidents and their sons, your industrialists, your senators,your mayors, your generals, your athletes, your film stars, your television personalities, your civic leaders, your priests are not the safe, familiar, bourgeois, heterosexual figures you assumed them to be. We are everywhere; we have infiltrated your ranks. 

There will be no compromises. We are not middle-class weaklings. Highly intelligent, we are the natural aristocrats of the human race, and steely-minded aristocrats never settle for less. Those who oppose us will be exiled.

We shall raise vast private armies, as Mishima did, to defeat you. We shall conquer the world because warriors inspired by and banded together by homosexual love and honor are invincible as were the ancient Greek soldiers.

The family unit-spawning ground of lies, betrayals, mediocrity, hypocrisy and violence--will be abolished. The family unit, which only dampens imagination and curbs free will, must be eliminated. Perfect boys will be conceived and grown in the genetic laboratory. They will be bonded together in communal setting, under the control and instruction of homosexual savants.

All churches who condemn us will be closed. Our only gods are handsome young men. 

The exquisite society to emerge will be governed by an elite comprised of gay poets. One of the major requirements for a position of power in the new society of homoeroticism will be indulgence in the Greek passion. Any man contaminated with heterosexual lust will be automatically barred from a position of influence. All males who insist on remaining stupidly heterosexual will be tried in homosexual courts of justice and will become invisible men.

We shall be victorious because we are fueled with the ferocious bitterness of the oppressed who have been forced to play seemingly bit parts in your dumb, heterosexual shows throughout the ages. We too are capable of firing guns and manning the barricades of the ultimate revolution.

Tremble, hetero swine, when we appear before you without our masks.

"How the oppressed dream of being the oppressor."

• "We shall seduce them in your schools, in your dormitories, in your gymnasiums, in your locker rooms, in your sports arenas, in your seminaries, in your youth groups, in your movie theater bathrooms, in your army bunkhouses, in your truck stops, in your all male clubs, in your houses of Congress, wherever men are with men together."
  • "Your sons shall become our minions and do our bidding. They will be recast in our image. They will come to crave and adore us."
  • "There will be no compromises."
  • "We shall raise vast private armies, as Mishima did, to defeat you."
  • "The family unit-spawning ground of lies, betrayals, mediocrity, hypocrisy and violence--will be abolished."
  • "One of the major requirements for a position of power in the new society of homoeroticism will be indulgence in the Greek passion."
  • "We too are capable of firing guns and manning the barricades of the ultimate revolution."
  • "Tremble, hetero swine, when we appear before you without our masks."

We're supposed to read this stuff and not take it seriously?  

-Smac

Edited by smac97

I think this is a huge troll intended to provoke a response.  Or, they actually mean what they say in these lyrics.  Either way, I do not believe for one moment that this group represents the beliefs of gay people generally.  Plus, you don't convert someone to being gay.  It isn't a social contagion like the Transgender trend.  And, IMO, the only reason that trend flourishes is because it doesn't require straight people to be intimate with a member of the same sex.  Most transgender women do not have SRS and merely "self-ID" as Transgender and they certainly are not expected to have relations with other males.  They simply call themselves "lesbians" -- which actually means they are guys who like women -- straight. It is absurd as it sounds.

All of this is to say I do not believe that people "convert" to being gay or lesbian.  We are born how we are born and, at least in my experience, being straight or gay is simply the way a person is.  So even if these folks are serious, they won't be successful.

I think we all should be much more concerned about the concrete threats to women are girls we are seeing today.  Males and females need their own spaces for a long list of reasons.  Women fought for years and years to get their own spaces and we are allowing this to be eroded.  What some folks are calling progress is actually an erosion of women's hard-fought rights.  Check out this heartbreaking story of young women in Wales who are skipping school during their periods because they do not feel comfortable with boys in the facilities.  What comes next?  Period huts at school?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/education/pupils-missing-school-because-dont-15839558

Edited by Ipod Touch
1 minute ago, Ipod Touch said:

I think this is a huge troll intended to provoke a response.  Or, they actually mean what they say in these lyrics.  Either way, I do not believe for one moment that this group represents the beliefs of gay people generally.  Plus, you don't convert someone to being gay.  It isn't a social contagion like the Transgender trend.  And, IMO, the only reason that trend flourishes is because it doesn't require straight people to be intimate with a member of the same sex.  Most transgender women do not have SRS and merely "self-ID" as Transgender and they certainly are not expected to have relations with other males.  They simply call themselves "lesbians" -- which is as absurd as it sounds.

All of this is to say I do not believe that people "convert" to being gay or lesbian.  We are born how we are born and, at least in my experience, being straight or gay is simply the way a person is.  So even if these folks are serious, they won't be successful.

I think we all should be much more concerned about the concrete threats to women are girls we are seeing today.  Males and females need their own spaces for a long list of reasons.  Women fought for years and years to get their own spaces and we are allowing this to be eroded.  What some folks are calling progress is actually an erosion of women's hard-fought rights.  Check out this heartbreaking story of young women in Wales who are skipping school during their periods because they do not feel comfortable with boys in the facilities.  What comes next?  Period huts at school?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/education/pupils-missing-school-because-dont-15839558

Did the song say they were going to convert our children to being gay or lesbian?

10 minutes ago, cinepro said:

In your summary of the lyrics, you left out the most important (and explanatory) line:

I don't see anything in the song beyond that. What are you seeing, or are you objecting to the "tolerant and fair" part?

I think it is a provocateur schtick.

Thanks,

2 minutes ago, Bob Crockett said:

The problem with smac's post is that he assumes that my gay employees subscribe to this garbage. 

I do not.

2 minutes ago, Bob Crockett said:

It looks like garbage exploited by the right wing.

The "right wing" isn't producing this stuff.

Thanks,

-Smac

8 minutes ago, bluebell said:

Did the song say they were going to convert our children to being gay or lesbian?

I think they are attempting to provoke fear.  Anger.  Resentment.  That much seems pretty obvious.

That said, I'm wondering if there is perhaps also a hiding-in-plain-sight component.

Thanks,

-Smac

2 hours ago, pogi said:

They are talking about making the world a friendlier and more fair place for the LGBTQ community.  Isn't that the same message the church has been supporting for quite some time now?  Didn't the church come out and support the Love Out Loud Concert series put on by the Imagine Dragons singer, which promotes this very same message?   Remember, there are many active Latter Day Saint members who identify as part of this community, including David Archuleta.  This is not going away.  They are saying that there is no stopping this infectious movement.  They do so in a comical style which pokes at the fears of the old-schooler fear/hate based mentality pretty much saying, you had your way for long enough and you lost, even hard-core old-schoolers are being converted by their children to this movement.  The fact is, they are absolutely right.  There is absolutely no new revelation here.  It has been happening for some time.   They are not talking about making your children gay for crying out loud.  

As tongue-in-cheek as it may be, which is how I took it, it is still mocking and prideful – precisely (and oddly) in the ways you are describing as positive. Using people’s children to do that, and to have fun at their expense, crosses a line and confirms the worst generalizations about LGBTQ activism. Good-faith rationality allows for people to disagree with the terms of civil “fairness and justice”, which why I think a) they took it down so quickly and b) someone else will pick up the baton.

This is why I think they are NOT making eh world a friendlier place, and a metaparody it ain’t.

38 minutes ago, cinepro said:

In your summary of the lyrics, you left out the most important (and explanatory) line:

I don't see anything in the song beyond that. What are you seeing, or are you objecting to the "tolerant and fair" part?

...to make them as tolerant and fair as people who use children as pawns to mock the weakest of their parents' arguments?

I think that it was taken down speaks volumes, and hopefully better judgement and human decency prevailed.

Edited by CV75
17 minutes ago, smac97 said:

I think they are attempting to provoke fear.  Anger.  Resentment.  That much seems pretty obvious.

That said, I'm wondering if there is perhaps also a hiding-in-plain-sight component.

Thanks,

-Smac

It’s about the tactics. They may be trolling but it’s a song about subverting parents. 

I do not teach my grandchildren about Christ. Why? Because I respect their parents wishes. There is nothing bad about Christ. He teaches tolerance and love too. 

They may be trolling. The culture wars continue. I know many have left the church because of these issues and I expect many more will. 

28 minutes ago, smac97 said:

Thanks,

-Smac

Ok. You may be right.  I don’t like the tactic much either because it seems to promote an anti-parental stance that I don’t agree with. 

But as far as the actual song goes, can you point to lyrics describing what they want to convert children to that you believe are problematic?