David archuleta steps out of the closet as a member of lgbtq+

On 6/19/2021 at 9:29 AM, The Nehor said:

So we should stop praying?

Talk about moving the goal post. The issue was political pressure. Prayer is offered in humility and submission. We plead with our Heavenly Father that all things be according to HIS will and pray that our petition would be in sync with HIS plan and will for us. But He is sovereign and will do according to the holy counsel of HIS will. We can't pressure the Almighty God into anything. 

On 6/17/2021 at 8:30 AM, Anakin7 said:

Getting back to the original topic of this thread I wonder of Davids thoughts of his struggle while singing this song - I pray for Him and His inner struggle with this Adamic nature trial. The Atonement, It Is the Central Doctrine, Washing My Garment/Robe In His Blood, In His Eternal Debt/Grace, He Died To Make Man Holy, It's Not Just 6 Words To a Song, They Have Eternal Meaning, Salvation Comes In And Through His Atoning Blood And In No Other way.

On condition of repentance, faith and obedience. Salvation is freely give by it was not free. We were bought from eternal slavery, death and hell by the precious blood of Christ. We are washed clean when we surrender the natural man and our sinful nature to the control of the Spirit, to walk in newness of life, reborn and part of the new covenant.

12 minutes ago, Islander said:

Talk about moving the goal post. The issue was political pressure. Prayer is offered in humility and submission. We plead with our Heavenly Father that all things be according to HIS will and pray that our petition would be in sync with HIS plan and will for us. But He is sovereign and will do according to the holy counsel of HIS will. We can't pressure the Almighty God into anything. 

Where were you when Joseph Smith lost the 116 manuscript pages? 

1 hour ago, Islander said:

No, it was more a comment about your diminishment of agency. God does react to our prayers. Humans are capable of independent action and prayers, actions, and the like taken by people do adjust what God does.

Of course throw in the proviso of God knowing the end from the beginning so his plans do not change in that they were always his plans but they wouldn’t have been his plans had someone chosen differently.

10 hours ago, Islander said:

On condition of repentance, faith and obedience. Salvation is freely give by it was not free. We were bought from eternal slavery, death and hell by the precious blood of Christ. We are washed clean when we surrender the natural man and our sinful nature to the control of the Spirit, to walk in newness of life, reborn and part of the new covenant.

Islander I believe you meant - " salvation is freely "given" "but" it was not free.  I do agree with you however. 

Has anyone mentioned that Archuleta has clarified his earlier statement?  I haven't been following the thread so this could be old news (and if so I apologize) but he has stated that he came out as gay to his family 7 years ago, but that he feels that bisexual is probably a more accurate term because he feels the same towards both men and women.  But, that he doesn't have the same level of sexual desire that most people seem to have so he considers himself different on that scale as well.

He also said that so far, as he's spoken with church leaders about this after coming out he "hasn't felt rejected."

7 hours ago, bluebell said:

Has anyone mentioned that Archuleta has clarified his earlier statement?  I haven't been following the thread so this could be old news (and if so I apologize) but he has stated that he came out as gay to his family 7 years ago, but that he feels that bisexual is probably a more accurate term because he feels the same towards both men and women.  But, that he doesn't have the same level of sexual desire that most people seem to have so he considers himself different on that scale as well.

He also said that so far, as he's spoken with church leaders about this after coming out he "hasn't felt rejected."

I think all of that was in his FB post which I posted on the other thread. I posted it for the exact reason that it gave clarity to the shorter Instagram post. He was on the Today show either yesterday or today, but I missed it.

Edit: Looks like it was GMA

Edited by Peacefully