Seriously No Politics ×

David archuleta steps out of the closet as a member of lgbtq+

Getting back to the original topic of this thread I wonder of Davids thoughts of his struggle while singing this song - I pray for Him and His inner struggle with this Adamic nature trial. The Atonement, It Is the Central Doctrine, Washing My Garment/Robe In His Blood, In His Eternal Debt/Grace, He Died To Make Man Holy, It's Not Just 6 Words To a Song, They Have Eternal Meaning, Salvation Comes In And Through His Atoning Blood And In No Other way.

I Deleted post

Edited by mfbukowski
47 minutes ago, mfbukowski said:

I suppose no one has told you that stuff is inappropriate around here.

It's an instant credibility destroyer.

Have you read any of my post, do you think I'm worried about what anyone thinks of me. First I cuss on here, second I post songs by Slipknot, third I am very blunt and to the point. I've dealt with a lot of older Mormon men who don't like me, you won't be the first to try and change my lovely personality. 

But I appreciate your opinion, thank you for responding. 

PS bukowski, I've never been the first guy someone calls when they need to give a priesthood blessing, usually I'm the last😁, kind of, if all else fails, call Mike😂. But, if someone is hitting on your wife, or messing with your kids and you need the "situation" resolved, I'm your man. That's probably why I rub you the wrong way, don't worry, you'll love me soon enough😘, I promise.

Edited by AtlanticMike
3 hours ago, Anakin7 said:

Getting back to the original topic of this thread I wonder of Davids thoughts of his struggle while singing this song - I pray for Him and His inner struggle with this Adamic nature trial. The Atonement, It Is the Central Doctrine, Washing My Garment/Robe In His Blood, In His Eternal Debt/Grace, He Died To Make Man Holy, It's Not Just 6 Words To a Song, They Have Eternal Meaning, Salvation Comes In And Through His Atoning Blood And In No Other way.

If someone wanted to do a video to tell those that are gay to trust Christ above all else, this is the video they would do. He symbolically is constantly moving towards Christ with his partner and loving support surrounding him.  I hope that we can all constantly move forward towards Christ with strong support surrounding us and we don't give power to those that distract us from that goal .

On 6/14/2021 at 5:54 PM, jkwilliams said:

And a clinician’s opinion about religious organizations is worth what?

What do you think religion IS?

Not this again....  I suppose it is a quest for scientific truth, right?

Like how the earth could stop rotating so the good guys could win? 

Deleted

Edited by mfbukowski
Don't want to quote this post
4 minutes ago, mfbukowski said:

What do you think religion IS?

Not this again....  I suppose it is a quest for scientific truth, right?

Like how the earth could stop rotating so the good guys could win? 

Huh? I'm not the one claiming that clinical data somehow explains and validates religious opinions. I thought we agreed on that. 

On 6/14/2021 at 5:54 PM, jkwilliams said:

And a clinician’s opinion about religious organizations is worth what?

Insight into the human condition, not "data"

1 hour ago, jkwilliams said:

That's not what the claim was. 

Oh my gosh.  What was the claim??

And so on goes this thread trying to figure out the mystery of which letter in lgbtq+ summarizes the life of a kind gentle human being, and a faithful member of our church who is going to get flak now from two sides at once.

All this because he is being honest about himself and wanted others to know that he is not ashamed, I presume, of being who he is.

Come on people--- what business is it of ours and who cares? 

4 minutes ago, jkwilliams said:

I appreciate your comments. Not going down this path again. Be well. 

Dang it!  See there you go again, being better than me again.  ;)

😠 

2 minutes ago, mfbukowski said:

Dang it!  See there you go again, being better than me again.  ;)

😠

Nah, I just know when to walk away. Took me long enough to learn. I did think of you as I was rereading Lyotard this afternoon. 

7 hours ago, Anakin7 said:

I wondered who the background singers were with their impeccable a cappella harmony. I got to the end and saw they are Vocal Point from BYU. 

5 hours ago, jkwilliams said:

Nah, I just know when to walk away. Took me long enough to learn. I did think of you as I was rereading Lyotard this afternoon. 

Yeah, I never wear them.

On 6/15/2021 at 7:08 PM, Fair Dinkum said:

And given enough societal pressure, God will change his mind

The idea that we, broken, sinful, fallen, puny humans can "pressure" the God of the universe into anything is simply delusional, to say the least.

3 hours ago, Islander said:

The idea that we, broken, sinful, fallen, puny humans can "pressure" the God of the universe into anything is simply delusional, to say the least.

So, God doesn't see the pressure put on his church? which is why you still wouldn't hold the priesthood and why we still practice polygamy right?

On 6/17/2021 at 10:40 AM, california boy said:

If someone wanted to do a video to tell those that are gay to trust Christ above all else, this is the video they would do. He symbolically is constantly moving towards Christ with his partner and loving support surrounding him.  I hope that we can all constantly move forward towards Christ with strong support surrounding us and we don't give power to those that distract us from that goal .

Amen, California Boy.