Church should address ufos

Thought this would be good for a laugh:

Church should address aerial phenomena, UFOs

I am writing this letter in response to the June 4 article on the report regarding unidentified aerial phenomena (UAP) and unidentified flying objects (UFOs). I want to write from the perspective of a Christian minister on this subject because I feel it has been a topic that has not been addressed to a great extent in the church at large.

Ever since the New York Times revealed the existence of the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program (AATIP) in December 2017, the manner of discussion on the subject has taken on a new dimension. From my experiences, it seems that many Christians do not like talking about these occurrences.

In my research on UAP and UFOs, the Christian perspective is very diverse. The Christian author and apologist C.S. Lewis wrote an article called “Religion and Rocketry” where he examined the question on whether outer space contained other fallen beings and the possibility that Jesus Christ manifested in different forms on different worlds to be their redeemer.

Dr. Walter Martin once spoke of the possibility of UFOs being piloted by spiritual entities such as demons or fallen angels from another dimension. Other ministers believe in the existence of extraterrestrial life and examine the exotheological possibilities of how we should respond as the Church of Jesus Christ.

The issue of UAPs and UFOs is one of the most important in the human narrative. Are these profound craft that defy all the laws of physics piloted by extraterrestrials from another world? Are these craft an advent of technology held by a terrestrial foreign power? Are these craft the product of another dimension? The time has come for the Church of Jesus Christ to address this question.

As a minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, I am calling for all Christian ministers to think biblically and critically about this very profound question. No longer be afraid to discuss this subject with those in your congregations that may have questions regarding what is going on in the skies.

In a world that has become filled with fear and misinformation, we must be the light and peace of Jesus Christ by showing his undying love to everyone in all things.

The Rev. Justin Searls

moroni.jpg.4c967e7d50cf4c279b8ac892aed00ea0.jpg

15 minutes ago, JAHS said:

Thought this would be good for a laugh:

Church should address aerial phenomena, UFOs

I am writing this letter in response to the June 4 article on the report regarding unidentified aerial phenomena (UAP) and unidentified flying objects (UFOs). I want to write from the perspective of a Christian minister on this subject because I feel it has been a topic that has not been addressed to a great extent in the church at large.

Ever since the New York Times revealed the existence of the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program (AATIP) in December 2017, the manner of discussion on the subject has taken on a new dimension. From my experiences, it seems that many Christians do not like talking about these occurrences.

In my research on UAP and UFOs, the Christian perspective is very diverse. The Christian author and apologist C.S. Lewis wrote an article called “Religion and Rocketry” where he examined the question on whether outer space contained other fallen beings and the possibility that Jesus Christ manifested in different forms on different worlds to be their redeemer.

Dr. Walter Martin once spoke of the possibility of UFOs being piloted by spiritual entities such as demons or fallen angels from another dimension. Other ministers believe in the existence of extraterrestrial life and examine the exotheological possibilities of how we should respond as the Church of Jesus Christ.

The issue of UAPs and UFOs is one of the most important in the human narrative. Are these profound craft that defy all the laws of physics piloted by extraterrestrials from another world? Are these craft an advent of technology held by a terrestrial foreign power? Are these craft the product of another dimension? The time has come for the Church of Jesus Christ to address this question.

As a minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, I am calling for all Christian ministers to think biblically and critically about this very profound question. No longer be afraid to discuss this subject with those in your congregations that may have questions regarding what is going on in the skies.

In a world that has become filled with fear and misinformation, we must be the light and peace of Jesus Christ by showing his undying love to everyone in all things.

The Rev. Justin Searls

moroni.jpg.4c967e7d50cf4c279b8ac892aed00ea0.jpg

Perhaps it was too bright for Joseph to see where the "beam of light" was really coming from.

1*CQJi4CehIln9hr-fb4oiog.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Well, we know our Lord is capable of using technology to create devices, such as a ball called the Liahona and a breastplate with seer stones called the Urim and Thummim.  So if he wanted to create a ship for travel I am sure that he could.

Karl Pilkington has some interesting insights into UFOs.

4 hours ago, JAHS said:

The issue of UAPs and UFOs is one of the most important in the human narrative.

LOL!

This is almost a perfect example of projection.

We have some strange lights that cannot be completely understood. Therefore revelation must answer the question? Nah.

4 hours ago, strappinglad said:

" laugh it up , fuzz-ball " 

The US gov't is very late to the official revelation of UAPs. Other nations have been asking the US to join in the study thereof publicly for decades. 

If there are actually UFOs from another planet or Galaxy and they ever make contact, religions around the world will probably not be happy with what they are going to actually tell us. If when we die and our spirit goes to the spirit world, that means spirits don't need to ride around in a spacecraft. So if our spirit can magically travel, why would a celestial being need a space craft to travel to earth? 

3 minutes ago, AtlanticMike said:

If there are actually UFOs from another planet or Galaxy and they ever make contact, religions around the world will probably not be happy with what they are going to actually tell us. If when we die and our spirit goes to the spirit world, that means spirits don't need to ride around in a spacecraft. So if our spirit can magically travel, why would a celestial being need a space craft to travel to earth? 

For the inflight movies??

1 hour ago, AtlanticMike said:

If these are spacecraft and they wanted to make contact they would have by now.

13 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

If these are spacecraft and they wanted to make contact they would have by now.

Maybe we already have descriptions, as with the wheels within wheels of Ezekiel 1:16.  Perhaps there is nothing new at all in such sightings.

6 hours ago, JAHS said:

Thought this would be good for a laugh:.........................

Rather than a laugh, should we seriously consider the problem posed by the gov't UAP report:  The report denies that we have any evidence that UAPs are extraterrestrial, but at the same time shows that UAPs appear on radar and represent technology not available on planet Earth.  Thus, calling for additional research.  However, the implication should be clear -- it is not just a speculative notion that entities with technology far beyond ours exist out there.  This has implications for the LDS Church, which rejects supernaturalism, but fully accepts naturalism.  Does God used advanced technology when it suits him?

6 hours ago, JAHS said:

Church should address ufos

Who says the church isn't already addressing them?

Maybe it is just humans who are no longer going to be receiving the Saturday evening session of conference. ;) 

It's a lengthy article, but worth reading.
https://medium.com/starts-with-a-bang/why-arent-astronomers-paying-more-attention-to-ufos-23bd066bd115

Theologically, I believe the universe is absolutely rife with life. More than that, I suspect/believe they are largely anthropomorphic and many worship an anthropomorphic deity who also have an atonement sounding theology.
Do I think we'll (publicly) see any of these such beings. I am heavily against the odds. Awareness of beings with such a similar theology to that which exists on earth would be quite damaging to atheists and agnostics (and many Christians) ability to continue in their unbelief. I just don't see it in God's plan (agency and all that). But, I don't claim any supernatural insight into said plans so I could be wrong. /shrug

Edited by Nofear
56 minutes ago, Robert F. Smith said:

Rather than a laugh, should we seriously consider the problem posed by the gov't UAP report:  The report denies that we have any evidence that UAPs are extraterrestrial, but at the same time shows that UAPs appear on radar and represent technology not available on planet Earth.  Thus, calling for additional research.  However, the implication should be clear -- it is not just a speculative notion that entities with technology far beyond ours exist out there.  This has implications for the LDS Church, which rejects supernaturalism, but fully accepts naturalism.  Does God used advanced technology when it suits him?

I have seen a few UFOs in my lifetime but I have never thought they came from outer space. I would bet my entire life's earnings on that. Anyone else living out there are simply too far away from us to get to us by natural means.  Nor do I think that God needs to use such devices to appear to people on earth.
He only lets humans(prophets) to use devices to bring about His purposes on earth (eg Liahona, Urim and Thummim, etc).  IMHO.

14 minutes ago, JAHS said:

I have seen a few UFOs in my lifetime but I have never thought they came from outer space. I would bet my entire life's earnings on that. Anyone else living out there are simply too far away from us to get to us by natural means.  Nor do I think that God needs to use such devices to appear to people on earth.
He only lets humans(prophets) to use devices to bring about His purposes on earth (eg Liahona, Urim and Thummim, etc).  IMHO.

There is no reason to suppose that entities from other planetary civilizations would be limited to modern Earth technology.  We have no idea what sort of high tech is possible.  As Newton himself said, we know so little -- we are like children on the seashore with a whole ocean of knowledge out there unknown to us.

Science speculates about multiple universes .We are told that the spirit world is here on earth but on a different ,shall we say , "frequency ".

Many sightings of UFOs speak of the craft popping into vision and then popping out of vision . Parallel dimensions/universes could explain such occurrences. 

I don't think that UFOs are run by spirits or demons. 

Just for fun, how about they are coming from  the city of Enoch .They have had thousands of years to progress in tech and may have found physics unknown to us. Ya , I know , the philosophies of the X - files mingled with scripture ! 😜

A friend of mine who used to be in my Ward [ A Serious type of man with a little non seriouse side to him] used to work for JPL and told me with a straight face that he has seen "The Ship". Will leave it at that.

3 hours ago, InCognitus said:

That would violate their prime directive. 

I would have thought all the abductions and their obsession with **** probing natives would violate their prime directive so if they have one I suspect it is broader and more perverted than we now think.

6 hours ago, Robert F. Smith said:

Assuming that they are technological craft is a bit of a jump. It could be all kinds of things that are not aircraft or spacecraft. It is more likely to be due to some undiscovered natural phenomena and/or radar mirages.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/experts-weigh-in-on-pentagon-ufo-report/

8 hours ago, Robert F. Smith said:

I think the third of Clarke's Three Laws applies here: 

1. When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.
  2. The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
  3. Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
19 minutes ago, Stargazer said:

I think the third of Clarke's Three Laws applies here: 

1. When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.
  2. The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
  3. Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Sherlock Holmes: "...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."  That is Arthur Conan Doyle in an early expression of Bayesian logic.