Medical cannabis and the church

23 hours ago, Calm said:

The dispensary itself is very clean and quiet and nice, friendly staff. Warehouse by the tracks. No one hanging around outside trying to get freebies or obviously splitting the product. The clients are well behaved, no one comes across as high or a stoner, though a few looked like they might be living a bit rough....not like I have been there tons, 4 or 5 times since December. 

Yeah, they're nice in Colorado too.   How do you know you're not buying cartel product?  Is there some sort of seed to sale tracking information, or "grown by" info?

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

I can't imagine why anyone would have a problem with the morality of any medical options prescribed by a licensed doctor.  

Transgender puberty suppressing drugs for teens or younger...

Abortion drugs

Edited by Calm
11 minutes ago, LoudmouthMormon said:

Yeah, they're nice in Colorado too.   How do you know you're not buying cartel product?  Is there some sort of seed to sale tracking information, or "grown by" info?

I am relatively certain they set up tracking in order to know it was going from approved grower to pharmacy, but I can’t remember. Will check later is someone else doesn’t respond. 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, LoudmouthMormon said:

Here is the label on one of my gummies...dang, didn’t work.  

Added:  Here is the tracking info 

https://www.biotrack.com/utah/

Edited by Calm
12 hours ago, Calm said:

Here is the label on one of my gummies...dang, didn’t work.  

Added:  Here is the tracking info 

https://www.biotrack.com/utah/

Kudos to you for buying product that at least claims to be sourced legally by people who aren't also in the business of selling child sex slaves.  (That probably sounds a little sarcastic, but I really don't mean it that way.)

Colorado also got a lot of funding from the government to set up a seed-to-sale tracking process.  A year into it, there was an official audit done, that made a minor paragraph in the local newspaper.  I think I was the only person on earth who read the thing.   The audit had lots of "audit notes" pointing to widespread fraud, theft, graft, and embezzlement.  Stuff like "50 lbs of seized MJ was marked for destruction, but had disappeared from the warehouse by the time it's destruction date arrived."  And "Here is a list of dispensaries found to be in violation of one or more laws, who nevertheless received passing grades from safety, health, and law enforcement audits."  The audit made a lot of recommendations that didn't happen.  Maybe if I ever care enough, I'll go into one of our gazillion local dispensaries, and see what percentage of product actually has some sort of tracking tag on it.  I'm guessing maybe 20-30%.

It's really hard when the government and business (and society in general) all decide to go into a business that has historically been monopolized by transnational criminal organizations.  The TCO's seem to have adjusted well, what with moving operations into the states like Colorado, and upping activity of other market segments like kidnapping for ransom, harder drugs, and child slavery.   I guess it's up to the individual to figure out if it's worth it to get legal marijuana.

Edited by LoudmouthMormon
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, LoudmouthMormon said:

Kudos to you for buying product that at least claims to be sourced legally by people who aren't also in the business of selling child sex slaves.  (

My daughter and I agreed we would only be trying government regulated to ensure purity, consistent dose, etc.  I hadn’t been aware of how cartels had been involved, but it doesn’t surprise me given the issues with counterfeit drugs to the other types of pharmacies.  I hope Utah keeps firm hands on production, keeps the pharmacy numbers down so it is relatively easy to supervise them...and has a strong hand watching the watchers to lower chances of corruption.

Edited by Calm
5 hours ago, Calm said:

My daughter and I agreed we would only be trying government regulated to ensure purity, consistent dose, etc.  I hadn’t been aware of how cartels had been involved, but it doesn’t surprise me given the issues with counterfeit drugs to the other types of pharmacies.  I hope Utah keeps firm hands on production, keeps the pharmacy numbers down so it is relatively easy to supervise them...and has a strong hand watching the watchers to lower chances of corruption.

I favor growth regulation also, even to the point of random testing of the products to ensure grown in Utah /USA.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Edited by provoman
On 6/9/2021 at 7:50 PM, AtlanticMike said:

Pot is supposedly way less addictive than most man made Pharmaceuticals. Probably like everything else it's all about the 💰

Spot on. 

Same applies to covid vaccines, cancer treatments, etc.

Big Pharma is not your friend. They get paid to treat symptoms not diseases and not causes

Posted (edited)

A vaccine treats the cause.  Anything that is meant to eliminate the cancer treats the cause. 

Edited by Calm
On 6/10/2021 at 8:02 PM, MustardSeed said:

I can't imagine why anyone would have a problem with the morality of any medical options prescribed by a licensed doctor.  

I would add competent in there. The opioid crisis is exacerbated by a few doctors who will give you opioids for everything and anything or nothing at all.