Seriously No Politics ×

Is visiting other church's 'inappropriate'

6 minutes ago, Baba Lou said:

No I am not, have not, and will not.  I don't ever automatically agree to anything.

Why do you keep coming back here when your accounts are repeatedly banned?

34 minutes ago, Baba Lou said:

When worship isn't correct it is false worship, as shown by logic and reasoning.  Whatever isn't correct is false.  I know other churches have some elements or fragments of truth as well as false elements or elements, whatever those are, but still whatever isn'r true and correct is false and incorrect.  I was in another church too, which was a false one, before I found the true church of Jesus Christ, and I know other people have come from a false one to the one and only true one too, but that doesn't change anything about how false and incorrect that false church was and still is and how that church will always be a false one instead of the one and only true one.  But yes I do give them credit for the truth they have and may yet discover.

I could see some solid religious bigotry following a warmup like this.

41 minutes ago, Baba Lou said:

When worship isn't correct it is false worship, as shown by logic and reasoning.  Whatever isn't correct is false.  I know other churches have some elements or fragments of truth as well as false elements or elements, whatever those are, but still whatever isn'r true and correct is false and incorrect.  I was in another church too, which was a false one, before I found the true church of Jesus Christ, and I know other people have come from a false one to the one and only true one too, but that doesn't change anything about how false and incorrect that false church was and still is and how that church will always be a false one instead of the one and only true one.  But yes I do give them credit for the truth they have and may yet discover.

When have you and logic and reasoning ever been on speaking terms?

49 minutes ago, sheilauk said:

You assert that their worship is false.   Yet you do not say how. And you admit they have some elements of truth.  How is their worship false? What elements of truth do they have?  Are their hymns true?   Their prayers?   Their quoting of Scripture?  I don't think logic dictates that just because the church is false,  an individual's worship is. Would you say that a member of the LDS church can never worship falsely?  If so,  does it matter if their worship is not in an LDS building?  I don't have the priesthood in my home.  If the proper priesthood is required for true worship,  how is my worship in my home not false? 

Just think about it logically with good reasoning.  Think about what God told Joseph Smith about how many had a form of godliness but denied the power thereof, teaching as doctrine the commandments of men while their hearts were not drawn out to him.  "They draw near to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me, they teach for doctrines the commandments of men, having a form of godliness, but they deny the power thereof.” Think about what true worship is and how concepts of God are either true or not true and how true worship of God involves only the truth about him.  Some people don't even know who or what God is and yet they claim to be worshipping him.  Think about how true worship involves adoration as well as emulation as those who worship endeavor to become like the person or object they worship.  It's rarely 100% true worship or 100% false worship as people try to worship God as he is or they are.  Many if not most people have false concepts of God as well as true concepts of God.  I was simply contrasting true worship vs false worship and what each form of worship involves.

1 hour ago, Baba Lou said:

No I am not, have not, and will not.  I don't ever automatically agree to anything.

So the rules that apply to the rest of us don't apply to you?  You're above all of that?

17 minutes ago, Baba Lou said:

Because I still have more I want to say.  I'll stop when I have had enough of you people.

I believe I speak for a number of participants when I say - We have had enough of you.

1 minute ago, ttribe said:

So the rules that apply to the rest of us don't apply to you?  You're above all of that?

No, they apply.  I agreed that they apply.  If I had not created an account to post on this board then they would not apply to me, but I did, so they do, which is why I can post now.

1 minute ago, ttribe said:

I believe I speak for a number of participants when I say - We have had enough of you.

I know you have.  I think you're one of the main ones leading this cancel culture experience of me on this board.  But I still like you and I may still have some more I want to say to you so I am still keeping my options open for now.

9 minutes ago, Baba Lou said:

No, they apply.  I agreed that they apply.  If I had not created an account to post on this board then they would not apply to me, but I did, so they do, which is why I can post now.

I know you have.  I think you're one of the main ones leading this cancel culture experience of me on this board.  But I still like you and I may still have some more I want to say to you so I am still keeping my options open for now.

wcgrAf.gif

10 minutes ago, Baba Lou said:

I think you're one of the main ones leading this cancel culture experience of me on this board.

I love how entitlement so often translates into being canceled when called on it. 

3 hours ago, Baba Lou said:

There has never been anything false about anything I have said, at least not by my understanding.  Others have disagreed with me, sure, many times, but I don't say anything I believe is false.  So I count what you just said as another false accusation.

If you've been banned it is against the rules to create a new account to get around that banning and gain access again.

2 hours ago, Baba Lou said:

No.  

1 hour ago, Baba Lou said:

When you sign up for the board you affirm that you will obey the rules.  If you sign up but don't intend to follow the rules then you lied when you signed up.  That's a great example of how to worship God incorrectly though, so bravo for that level of hypocrisy.   It's truly impressive. 

11 minutes ago, bluebell said:

If you've been banned it is against the rules to create a new account to get around that banning and gain access again.

I have a question if you don't mind answering. So if I go to the Ahab account it still looks active, it says he's a contributor and visited may 13. How can you tell if someone is banned?

32 minutes ago, bluebell said:

The rules perhaps, but Ahab has his own rules he lives by. 

31 minutes ago, AtlanticMike said:

I have a question if you don't mind answering. So if I go to the Ahab account it still looks active, it says he's a contributor and visited may 13. How can you tell if someone is banned?

I think it is like being excommunicated...most won’t know if you don’t tell them because it isn’t publicized, though some may figure it out by not seeing someone around after a noteworthy post. 

You can pull up limited posters through a member search. https://www.mormondialogue.org/search/?&type=core_members&joinedDate=any&group[23]=1

They have usually been suspended several times for a couple of weeks (the weeks I am guessing) before being limited, but if they waited it out, they were allowed back. It is possible that Ahab would have been allowed back as he has in the past, but was either forgotten or wasn’t patient...or he has been reported enough the mods decided he was never going to play by the rules enough to stick around...which he is proving by his refusal not to use a sock puppet (as defined by the board, not Ahab).

Edited by Calm
On 6/8/2021 at 4:07 PM, bluebell said:

Uh, no.  This is not what the church teaches.  Some wonky members might believe it, and some wonky ex-members might repeat it, but it's not what the church actually teaches on the subject.

I was in a Sunday school no more than 3 years ago when it was discussed that the Catholic Church was the great and abominable church.  In Utah.

13 minutes ago, 2BizE said:

I was in a Sunday school no more than 3 years ago when it was discussed that the Catholic Church was the great and abominable church.  In Utah.

Man you really young, does you mom know your up this late😁

5 hours ago, jkwilliams said:

“You’re doing your religion wrong” is not exactly a winning missionary message. 

I don't know, I've often thought I'd like to volunteer as the Celestial Kingdom greeter, getting to let all the recently deceased know Mormonism was the right choice.

Kind of like that South Park scene.

36 minutes ago, 2BizE said:

That's a great example of a wonky member. 

I was in a church meeting 12 years ago where someone tried to bring that up and the teacher (a CES instructor) and 4-5 different members shot that down so fast the poor guy didn't know which way was up.  Like I said, plenty of members out there who are last to the party.