Federal lawsuit against religious schools, including byu

50 minutes ago, Calm said:

.  If he has problems with a bicyclist who is circling a woman and can’t stop himself, then go confront the man, don’t hover over a woman who is doing nothing wrong.

This literally blows my mind. 

40 minutes ago, Calm said:

No one is saying don’t help, we are saying actually help someone rather than assume you are helping.

After talking to you about this, you've almost convinced me to not help any woman anymore in any situation. To basically say, xxxxit, she's on her own. I don't give a xxmn. You do realize once you're done turning all the good guys into beta males who would just stand in the parking lot and film the woman being attacked so they could put it on you tube, your left to face crazy biker guy on your own? Good luck. 

59 minutes ago, Calm said:

He also is describing the situation as approaching the guy who is the problem, not the woman/girls who are not.  If he has problems with a bicyclist who is circling a woman and can’t stop himself, then go confront the man, don’t hover over a woman who is doing nothing wrong.

Here, I don't think there were any ideal choices to be made, just risks to be minimized.

I judged a very minimal risk to her physical well being and a much larger risk to her psychological well being. If she noticed bikeguy, that'd a source of stress. I'd lay even odds whether my stationary presence offered any comfort - or just more stress by virtue of being another factor she had to consider.

Remembering too that this was midnight. She was likely at the tail end of a long freaking day. And she still had to go home and put all those groceries away. I sincerely hope she promptly forgot about both of us and never gave it another thought.

47 minutes ago, california boy said:

I understand if you are claiming to know more about constitutional law than the Supreme Court justices, but it sounds more like a political opinion than a legal opinion

Four Supreme Court justices did not agree with that decision. Apparently you think you know more about constitutional law than those Supreme Court justices, but it sounds more like a political opinion than a legal opinion.

4 minutes ago, Hamba Tuhan said:

Photos or it didn't happen.

5 minutes ago, Hamba Tuhan said:

Photos or it didn't happen.

Good one 😂

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Peacefully said:

Dang it, I’m out of reactions, but you go girl!

Lol.  I have wasted enough of my life cleaning up after white knights.  No way I see them as charming anymore.

38 minutes ago, AtlanticMike said:

we're talking about a split second could decide the life of a woman possibly.

No, we are not. You are altering the scenario in order to justify you not taking the time to ask the woman what she would prefer. Reread Chum’s description. The guy was circling the woman at a distance, he was not moving in her direction. 

Edited by Calm
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, AtlanticMike said:

After talking to you about this, you've almost convinced me to not help any woman anymore in any situation.

You are not paying attention to what I am saying then unless you are incapable of asking a woman a question before acting. 

You have pretty much ignored everything I have said except “don’t automatically approach a woman” and even that you have changed to ‘never approach a woman’.

Should I be surprise when you have already described yourself as not caring about what women think in certain cases?  Nope, I shouldn’t be and yet I still am. 

Edited by Calm
4 hours ago, ttribe said:

One big difference - an unmarried hetereosexual person can change their status to married (with someone else's consent, of course) and still be in compliance with the HC. A homosexual person cannot. 

Technically yes though a heterosexual most likely they would be expelled at least for a time until they have repented and come back in compliance with the law of chastity.   The HC applies to everyone and everyone consents to the terms to attend BYU.    The Law of Chasity applies to everyone including homosexuals.  If they desire to live out of bounds, they can withdraw from the university.  The Law of Chastity is pretty simple and basic.  It is meant for even the lowest to understand.  There simply is no provision in the law for gays to marry.  There is no evidence that God has ever allowed it on the billions of other worlds that have preceded this world.  No reason to think a change will happen now.

There are things about the HC I don't like.  I don't believe the requirements to attend BYU should be higher than attending the Temple.  The HC contains some things that temple attendance does not.  For example, a man can attend the Temple while having a beard.  That is not true with BYU as far as I know.  That should be changed.  If something is good enough for the Temple, it should be good enough for BYU.  I would argue that the standards to attend BYU should be set a little lower than Temple attendance to greater emphasize the importance of the temple. 

6 minutes ago, Calm said:

The guy was circling the woman at a distance, he was not moving in her direction. 

Maybe I should wait until I actually see the knife or gun, then once I do, I can pounce and make my hero status known to everyone. 

5 minutes ago, Calm said:

You are not paying attention to what I am saying then unless you are incapable of asking a woman a question before acting. 

I've told you this once before, you don't speak for all women, just like I don't speak for all men. They're plenty of women, women like my wife or my mother inlaw who wouldn't or in my wife's case, doesn't agree with you at all. She's laying here beside me as I type this. We're on vacation.  She also can't comprehend what your talking about, the whole "let's talk about this before you approach me" thing you keep going back to. 

43 minutes ago, AtlanticMike said:

This literally blows my mind. 

So is your solution to women being attacked by a rapist to have women locked up instead the man?  Would you resort to throwing rocks at a woman to get her attention and make her hide in the car if you couldn’t reach her instead of an attacker?  Because that is essentially what you are doing here, you are not focusing on the individual that is the issue and acting on him rather than the woman. 

If you feel the absolute need to act, start yelling at the guy and moving towards him.  Give the guy the creeps rather than the woman for once.

Since the man in Chum’s scenario was not moving directly towards the woman, this would allow you to both act without bothering to see if she wanted help or not and still keep your distance from her. 

Just now, AtlanticMike said:

I've told you this once before, you don't speak for all women, just like I don't speak for all men. They're plenty of women, women like my wife or my mother inlaw who wouldn't or in my wife's case, doesn't agree with you at all. She's laying here beside me as I type this. We're on vacation.  She also can't comprehend what your talking about, the whole "let's talk about this before you approach me" thing you keep going back to. 

And you know that because you have asked her. Pity you don’t give other women the same consideration. 

4 minutes ago, Calm said:

So is your solution to women being attacked by a rapist to have women locked up instead the man?

What does this even mean? 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, AtlanticMike said:

What does this even mean? 

Think about it in the context of what else I said. Maybe taking the time to ponder might help you get the point I am making because the way you are consistent rephrasing my posts and others, you are missing the point. 

Bottomline, if you care, find out how to be part of a solution, not part of the problem. 

Edited by Calm
7 minutes ago, Calm said:

And you know that because you have asked her. Pity you don’t give other women the same consideration

Uhhhh, nope. We're watching scary movie and she's reading what you're writing for comic relief, she doesn't like scary movies that much. 

Just now, AtlanticMike said:

Uhhhh, nope. We're watching scary movie and she's reading what you're writing for comic relief, she doesn't like scary movies that much. 

Correction...she told you.  Unless you are a mind reader...and if you are that, then you can ignore my suggestions because you don’t need to ask to know what someone feels about something. 

Just now, Calm said:

Correction...she told you.  Unless you are a mind reader...and if you are that, then you can ignore my suggestions because you don’t need to ask to know what someone feels about something. 

I think you're having a hard time accepting some women like men who have the testicular fortitude to run to a womens defense. Sorry, but not all women think like you do. 

Mindreading...tell me Mike, if there was a man standing or riding a bike at a distance, looking at a woman in a way that made you worried and you decided to protect the woman by going over to her, would you stop and reassure her before doing more if somehow you could read her mind and you learned she was in a panic about you moving towards her because she thought you would attack her or would you just keep moving towards her ignoring how you knew she felt about it?

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, AtlanticMike said:

I think you're having a hard time accepting some women like men who have the testicular fortitude to run to a womens defense. Sorry, but not all women think like you do. 

Like I ever said that.  More straw men.  I would love probably most any man to come running after they asked if they could help in any situation I was having trouble or potential trouble in.  I am not someone who says no to sincere offers of help.

But tell me how you know which woman wants your unsolicited attention and which don’t or are even horrified by it?

Edited by Calm
3 minutes ago, Calm said:

Mindreading...tell me Mike, if there was a man standing or riding a bike at a distance, looking at a woman in a way that made you worried and you decided to protect the woman by going over to her, would you stop and reassure her before doing more if somehow you could read her mind and you learned she was in a panic about you moving towards her because she thought you would attack her or would you just keep moving towards her ignoring how you knew she felt about it?

You've asked me this a ton of times, it's the same thing, all we're doing is going over and over the exact same scenario, some dude on a bike. Can't we just say people handle situations differently?

1 minute ago, Calm said:

Like I ever said that.  More straw men  

But tell me how you know which woman wants your unsolicited attention and which don’t or are even horrified by it?

Unfortunately, I ran out of rep points earlier today, otherwise you’d have many more.

Trying to talk to/reason with a Mr. Always Right is a hugely frustrating experience. I don’t know that it’s even possible to get through to them.

If his wife actually says she agrees with him - and it’s not just another one of his fantasies made up for posting purposes - it’s only  because he’s taken away her choice, which is his modus operandi with all women. 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, AtlanticMike said:

Can't we just say people handle situations differently?

And some ways are right and some ways are wrong. 

Would you be okay if a man wanting to protect a woman  from a possible predator walked over to the woman and slapped her because he thought she wasn’t paying enough attention or moving quickly enough to load her groceries?

If not, then imagine if you can that some women react physically to your unsolicited approach as much as if it was a physical assault.  You might as well slap them while you stand as their protector without asking them if they want you to as they will go home feeling attacked.  I am certain you don’t actually want any woman to be hurt in such a way and likely most won’t be so extreme, though a good percentage will be more nervous and feel unsafe because of your actions rather than your intent to help them feel safer.

The problem is that you can’t tell from appearance only who the women who will feel unsafe and harmed by your presence. Good news is that problem is easily solved in the vast majority of cases by asking them. 

Edited by Calm
3 minutes ago, Raingirl said:

Unfortunately, I ran out of rep points earlier today, otherwise you’d have many more.

Trying to talk to/reason with a Mr. Always Right is a hugely frustrating experience. I don’t know that it’s even possible to get through to them.

If his wife actually says she agrees with him - and it’s not just another one of his fantasies made up for posting purposes - it’s only  because he’s taken away her choice, which is his modus operandi with all women. 

Uh oh, raingirl has come out to play, I'm in trouble now.😂😂😂 There you go again, thinking you understand all women. Tisk tisk.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, AtlanticMike said:

Uh oh, raingirl has come out to play, I'm in trouble now.😂😂😂 There you go again, thinking you understand all women. Tisk tisk.

Straw man.  Though I agree that her assertion about your wife may be incorrect. It is not that unusual of a scenario though, so it is a logical possibility unfortunately. 

Edited by Calm