Seriously No Politics ×

Happy birthing people's day!

If they aren’t going to expand “mother”...not sure why that isn’t an option...they have got to come up with a better label than “birthing people”.  Sounds like “breeder” which is always a great compliment. 

1 hour ago, Calm said:

If they aren’t going to expand “mother”...not sure why that isn’t an option...they have got to come up with a better label than “birthing people”.  Sounds like “breeder” which is always a great compliment. 

Uterus haver works.

Just when one thinks that political correctness could possibly descend to more absurd depths ... <_< :rolleyes: 

6 hours ago, Calm said:

So awkward. One word labels are a necessity, either that or alliteration. 

How about Wombers?

I vote Wombers.  Though, you know that there is a contingency of people who will not appreciate their lack of a womb being put out there like that.  

42 minutes ago, bluebell said:

I vote Wombers.  Though, you know that there is a contingency of people who will not appreciate their lack of a womb being put out there like that.  

True, but they would probably protest “birthing people” too unless it also means standing by and holding hands or feeding ice chips or perhaps paying for the doctor while not being present.

Edited by Calm
50 minutes ago, longview said:

It was only a year ago that they wanted to do away with terms Mom, Dad, brother and sister.  All part of a anti-family orientation.

Not to be too serious on a funny thread, but do you have a reference?

15 hours ago, Kenngo1969 said:

Just when one thinks that political correctness could possibly descend to more absurd depths ... <_< :rolleyes: 

I hate to tell ya, but its only just begun. 

15 hours ago, Tacenda said:

Not to be too serious on a funny thread, but do you have a reference?

3 hours ago, The Nehor said:

Never happened.

There are hundreds of references.  Here is one good summary - - -

https://grothman.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=1935

"Press Releases - GROTHMAN ON BLACKLISTING OF MOTHER, FATHER, SON, DAUGHTER

Washington, January 4, 2021 | Timothy Svoboda (202-225-2476)
Today, Congressman Glenn Grothman (WI-06) released the following statement after the House adopted rules to eliminate, among others, the words “Mother”, “Father”, “Son”, and “Daughter”.

“One of the first actions taken by the Democrat-controlled House of Representatives was to eliminate the words father, mother, son, daughter, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, first cousin, nephew, niece, husband, wife, father-in-law, mother-in-law, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, stepfather, stepmother, stepson, stepdaughter, stepbrother, stepsister, half brother, half sister, grandson, and granddaughter,” said Grothman. “Up to this point, the plot to eradicate the traditional family has been reserved for the fringe left-wing. But now, a majority of Americans have voted for a party that wants to fundamentally change our country and wants a world in which you cannot call your parents mom and dad. I don’t think this represents the true feelings of most Americans and if they knew they sent representatives to Washington who have blacklisted the words ‘mother’ and ‘father’, they would be appalled.

“While I have many friends in the Democratic party, we cannot pretend that there are not men and women in the world and that everybody is the same. People must begin to realize that the America that has provided opportunities to millions, regardless of their race, gender, or orientation, is disappearing before our eyes.

“While this decision is largely symbolic, it is now the official position of the U.S. House of Representatives that these words are offensive and shall not be used. I will not dishonor my mother and father and all of the effort they put into raising two sons and two daughters by removing these words from my vocabulary.”

U.S. Rep. Glenn Grothman is serving his fourth term representing Wisconsin’s 6th Congressional District in the U.S. House of Representatives.

7 hours ago, longview said:

There are hundreds of references.  Here is one good summary - - -

https://grothman.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=1935

"Press Releases - GROTHMAN ON BLACKLISTING OF MOTHER, FATHER, SON, DAUGHTER

Washington, January 4, 2021 | Timothy Svoboda (202-225-2476)
Today, Congressman Glenn Grothman (WI-06) released the following statement after the House adopted rules to eliminate, among others, the words “Mother”, “Father”, “Son”, and “Daughter”.

“One of the first actions taken by the Democrat-controlled House of Representatives was to eliminate the words father, mother, son, daughter, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, first cousin, nephew, niece, husband, wife, father-in-law, mother-in-law, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, stepfather, stepmother, stepson, stepdaughter, stepbrother, stepsister, half brother, half sister, grandson, and granddaughter,” said Grothman. “Up to this point, the plot to eradicate the traditional family has been reserved for the fringe left-wing. But now, a majority of Americans have voted for a party that wants to fundamentally change our country and wants a world in which you cannot call your parents mom and dad. I don’t think this represents the true feelings of most Americans and if they knew they sent representatives to Washington who have blacklisted the words ‘mother’ and ‘father’, they would be appalled.

“While I have many friends in the Democratic party, we cannot pretend that there are not men and women in the world and that everybody is the same. People must begin to realize that the America that has provided opportunities to millions, regardless of their race, gender, or orientation, is disappearing before our eyes.

“While this decision is largely symbolic, it is now the official position of the U.S. House of Representatives that these words are offensive and shall not be used. I will not dishonor my mother and father and all of the effort they put into raising two sons and two daughters by removing these words from my vocabulary.”

U.S. Rep. Glenn Grothman is serving his fourth term representing Wisconsin’s 6th Congressional District in the U.S. House of Representatives.

There are hundreds of references. None are credible. That is not a good statements. It is bovine feces.

I could write up a statement condemning Longview’s support for bestiality. You would rightly suggest that evidence of the initial problem would be more valid than some lunatic rambling on about it as if it is proven. Curious why despite that you credulously accept the ravings of that moron as evidence it happened.

You could also look into a quick fact-check on what the House actually did:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/01/16/fact-check-house-rules-only-changed-gendered-language-one-document/4175388001/

The change only applies to the language in Clause 8(c)(3) of Rule XXIII, which is the Code of Official Conduct for the House. The rule states that "a member, delegate, or resident commissioner may not retain the relative of such individual in a paid position."

It's true that the Rules of the 117th Congress include changes to gendered language. But they don't "ban" the terms from use in the House. The change only alters the text of Standing Rules to strike gender-specific language and replace it with gender-neutral language.

Clause 8(c)(3) specifies what individuals the rule includes in the term "relative." 

Previously, the clause defined "relative" as "father, mother, son, daughter, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, first cousin, nephew, niece, husband, wife, father-in-law, mother-in-law, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, stepfather, stepmother, stepson, stepdaughter, stepbrother, stepsister, half brother, half sister, grandson, or granddaughter."

Now, the clause will define "relative" as "parent, child, sibling, parent’s sibling, first cousin, sibling’s child, spouse, parent-in-law, child-in-law, sibling-in-law, stepparent, stepchild, stepsibling, half-sibling, or grandchild."

Other changes to the text of the Rules of the 117th Congress include switching the term "seamen" to "seafarers," the word "Chairman" to "Chair," and the phrase "himself or herself" to "themself."

It's false to suggest that any of these words have been banned; they have simply been switched in the text of one document, the Rules of the House of Representatives.

"Its consequences were limited to that document alone, and would have no bearing on the continued ability of House members to use gender-specific language in drafting legislation and resolutions, making speeches, or conducting a debate," reads a fact-check by Snopes.[/quote]

That is right. It is a simple consolidation of language in the House rules of Conduct as to what qualifies as a relative for their anti-nepotism rules. It banned nothing. It just changed the text in a rule sheet to make it more concise.

But the lie has made it halfway around the world before the truth gets out of bed. It is a lie. It is a misrepresentation. The idiot who wrote that statement and all the other idiots who did so do it because there are credulous idiots out there who will embrace this lie wholeheartedly because it is what they want people to believe. They are targeting fools who don’t have the mental fortitude to stop and say something along the lines of: “Hey, that sounds weird and unlikely. I should dig a little deeper and see what this is.”

They choose not to check into the facts so the rest of the nation now has to listen to halfwits posting this on Facebook for months while gormless gits eat it up. They are being played as fools but it is okay. They seem to like it. Even if you do take the time to point out to one it is false they trust the next false statement from the same source. They never learn and many of them are willing to tear everything to pieces rather than join the rest of us back in reality

Edited by The Nehor
On 5/10/2021 at 3:13 PM, The Nehor said:

"Its consequences were limited to that document alone, and would have no bearing on the continued ability of House members to use gender-specific language in drafting legislation and resolutions, making speeches, or conducting a debate," reads a fact-check by Snopes.[/quote]

That is right. It is a simple consolidation of language in the House rules of Conduct as to what qualifies as a relative for their anti-nepotism rules. It banned nothing. It just changed the text in a rule sheet to make it more concise.

It is funny that you put your faith in Snopes which is "liberally" staffed with progressives.  The house bill is just one of "the signs of the times".  There is a growing groundswell of anti-family initiatives.  Many are fomented in radical academia and noised about by the dominant media. 

Another development that has been simmering for over decades is the attempt to decriminalize (or at least reduce the severity of laws against) pedophilia.  Everybody knows that parents have been vigorously removed from having a say in their daughters decisions about contraceptives and abortion counseling.  Sometimes parents never get to know what is transpiring.

Poster removed: politics

41 minutes ago, Calm said:

Politics in Social Hall?  Can’t we get a break even in here?

Probably not, but I'll try to help calm.                                             Here's a coffee mug you can now buy the human that birthed you into this world, wait, most of us don't drink coffee, uuuhhhhh, here's a great tea cup for drinking,  wait, dangit, here's a great cup for drinking whatever suits your fancy or for giving to your birth giver as a gift on birthing person's day! Get em while supplies last.

Screenshot_20210511-185148~2.png

21 minutes ago, AtlanticMike said:

Really!?!?😂 Dangit, I didn't want to read that, but I couldn't stop once I started, my eyes my eyes!!!

I kind of had the same reaction.  Put a warning on it.  

Edited by Calm
3 hours ago, longview said:

It is funny that you put your faith in Snopes which is "liberally" staffed with progressives.  The house bill is just one of "the signs of the times".  There is a growing groundswell of anti-family initiatives.  Many are fomented in radical academia and noised about by the dominant media. 

Another development that has been simmering for over decades is the attempt to decriminalize (or at least reduce the severity of laws against) pedophilia.  Everybody knows that parents have been vigorously removed from having a say in their daughters decisions about contraceptives and abortion counseling.  Sometimes parents never get to know what is transpiring.

So you are not going to defend it but will insist that this incredibly minor textual change that didn’t do what you said is in fact emblematic of the end of the world. I don’t put my trust entirely in Snopes. This was fact-checked by multiple sources. Snopes just had a good summary. It is not secret and it is not guesswork.. Anyone with an internet connection can look at the text changes themselves. Congress records these things.

Then of course you duck and weave and start other accusations. Of course we can look at which party currently has multiple members under investigation for pedophilia. I am confused as to why you equate pedophilia and teenagers seeking out contraceptives. Most teens in sexual relationships are not with adults. In an ideal world I would agree that parents should be informed about all this. However I have volunteered enough in child abuse cases to know that many teenager have every reason to fear their parents knowing anything or making any decision on their behalf. Instead of focusing on controlling the victims we should focus on tracking and catching the criminals. We could also consider removing suspected pedophiles from having judicial congressional oversight where they have access to the organization investigating them. Just for a start.

3 hours ago, AtlanticMike said:

Probably not, but I'll try to help calm.                                             Here's a coffee mug you can now buy the human that birthed you into this world, wait, most of us don't drink coffee, uuuhhhhh, here's a great tea cup for drinking,  wait, dangit, here's a great cup for drinking whatever suits your fancy or for giving to your birth giver as a gift on birthing person's day! Get em while supplies last.

Screenshot_20210511-185148~2.png

I can give you the recipe for my hot chocolate/diabetes shake if you need something to put in it. Warning: It is not healthy. I make it about four times a year.