New temple announced in ephraim to preserve manti temple's historical features.

https://ksltv.com/461152/church-announces-new-temple-in-ephraim/

Now if they would only do the same for Salt Lake.

But that's the best news I've heard all day.  Maybe Manti will remain the token pioneer temple.  Preserving the interior is excellent.  Be nice if they'd preserve room progression and live sessions too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)

It will be great to preserve the Dinosaur mural there!

Edited by Metis_LDS
grammar
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Duncan said:

Duncan I have a lot of trouble reaching the Church newsroom site for some reason and it is not just with this link.  It seems to on and then off alot.  Does anyone else have this issue???

Edited by Metis_LDS
grammar

This is definitely one way of resolving the art-related concerns.

Hopefully those that said that they should spend money to preserve it are happy to add a new temple to the cost of the preservation bill. 

And of course, since it's staying in place, the viewership is still limited to endowed or about to be endowed temple recommend holders willing to travel to it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
6 hours ago, JustAnAustralian said:

This is definitely one way of resolving the art-related concerns.

Hopefully those that said that they should spend money to preserve it are happy to add a new temple to the cost of the preservation bill. 

And of course, since it's staying in place, the viewership is still limited to endowed or about to be endowed temple recommend holders willing to travel to it.

I agree with all you say.  It is more than art.  It is heritage.  I have a friend who has been to Manti, I will most likely never go there.  It gives me pleasure anyway knowing it will be kept as best as can be without making it into a higher capacity Temple.  It makes little sense to rebuild the Nauvoo Temple from nothing and then remodel historic Temples beyond recognition on the inside.  My friend says that many went to Manti to be married before covid, it has a shade of pink on the outside.

Posted (edited)

This a history of the Manti Temple.  I have read it and it is good.  It can be downloaded.  My native brethren deeded the valley to the Church. Also Brigham Young is reported to have said that Moroni dedicated the hill for a Temple.   https://scholarsarchive.byu.edu/etd/5150/#:~:text=The history of the Manti temple%2C in a,temple would someday be built on this spot.

Edited by Metis_LDS
addition & grammar