Seriously No Politics ×

Newer newer and newer

I wish this was my concept, I no longer remember where I found it but it is so powerful that it always stays with me.  It seems so evident after you have heard it but I never had the thought before.  For your discussion:   A huge part of God is creating new things.  He organised spirits and they became new (never before having been), The spirits are joined to bodies on the earth and they become new.  After the body dies the spirit is joined to a perfect body another newness.  Creating anew seems to be central for God. There is lots more but the minds boggles,  a new earth,  perhaps a new universe.

22 minutes ago, Metis_LDS said:

I wish this was my concept, I no longer remember where I found it but it is so powerful that it always stays with me.  It seems so evident after you have heard it but I never had the thought before.  For your discussion:   A huge part of God is creating new things.  He organised spirits and they became new (never before having been), The spirits are joined to bodies on the earth and they become new.  After the body dies the spirit is joined to a perfect body another newness.  Creating anew seems to be central for God. There is lots more but the minds boggles,  a new earth,  perhaps a new universe.

There is definitely a lot of "newness"  with God's plan, but our very core, our essence, is eternal, we have always existed and will keep existing forever. Nothing new about us.

Infact, I think the belief that we have existed with God forever, only differing in intelligence, sets us apart from Christianity more than any other teaching we have.

Edited by AtlanticMike
43 minutes ago, AtlanticMike said:

There is definitely a lot of "newness"  with God's plan, but our very core, our essence, is eternal, we have always existed and will keep existing forever. Nothing new about us.

Infact, I think the belief that we have existed with God forever, only differing in intelligence, sets us apart from Christianity more than any other teaching we have.

This might make for some interesting conversations in the next life.  Someone complains about their state and God says well I organised you but I did not make the raw material.  I wonder when arriving in the next life if this will quell a lot of complaints against God?

2 hours ago, Metis_LDS said:

This might make for some interesting conversations in the next life.  Someone complains about their state and God says well I organised you but I did not make the raw material.  I wonder when arriving in the next life if this will quell a lot of complaints against God?

"Why'd you make me out of such garbage?"

4 hours ago, Metis_LDS said:

And He does that in each individual sphere (using that word quite literally, considering the literal sphere we inhabit) He has created, as well.  Eventually, the sorrow of the first frost of that season gives way to the newness of life that comes in the spring.  Is it only coincidence that Christ was resurrected in the Spring?  I think not.  Others' mileage may vary.  For a limited time only.  Some limitations and exclusions may apply.  Void where prohibited.  See local retailer for details. ;)

39 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

"Why'd you make me out of such garbage?"

Yeah, others, if they were of a mind to, might be able to raise that complaint legitimately (blindness, deafness, dumbness, lameness ...) though I recognize that all of us have something or somethings with which we struggle) ... spiritually, physically, mentally, emotionally, in relationships, out of relationships, all of the above ... the list, potentially, is endless.  Ken, I only put a hole in the glass so I could keep refilling it [with Living Water, no less].  If you want to focus on the hole or on the empty portion, that's your choice ...

5 hours ago, Metis_LDS said:

I've taken this to be the meaning behind the term, "new and everlasting."

On 4/17/2021 at 4:43 PM, strappinglad said:

Maximum 5% by law. Somewhat more  than the amount of rodent poo allowed in food. 

Ironic how we end up with a lot more than that in our way of thinking, huh? ;)

On 4/17/2021 at 6:43 PM, strappinglad said:

Maximum 5% by law. Somewhat more  than the amount of rodent poo allowed in food. 

Well rat feces presumably keep the demon in me restrained so I applaud these food additives as a weapon of spiritual warfare and suggest matching the ratio to demon ratio for best results.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2021 at 2:51 AM, Metis_LDS said:

There is no clearly identified timeline in God's creative process when it comes to the souls of men. A new born on the earthly plain may be joined at birth by a very "old" soul/spirit. There is really no way of knowing when a spirit son/daughter was "organized" as an intelligent entity and was awaiting for the opportunity to be born on earth. We know from scriptural references of heavenly beings to have inhabited the heavenly real and dwelled in the presence of God from early on in the Creation period as the use of "Lord of Hosts" implies in the scriptures. Human logic is a rather poor instrument when it comes to pointing to a timeline in tis issue. D&C 93:29 points to our "spirits" being with God from the beginning: " Man was also in the beginning with God. Intelligence, or the light of truth, was not created or made, neither indeed can be."

As a student of the sciences, I just stand amazed at the process by which 2 invisible (by human means) cells containing 3 billion base pairs of instructions/code can become a fully functional human being. And, through a still unknown process, the spirit/soul is infused into this body bringing consciousness, intelligence and volition. That is just a wonder of cosmic proportions.