Grand Junction CO

Farmington NM 

Burley ID

Eugene Oregon

Elko NevadA

Yurba Linda CA

Smithfield, UT

and 1 more

I kept crossing my fingers for Ft. Worth, TX. My heart beat faster when he said F-armington, NM. 😂 

9 minutes ago, Rain said:

Ok, I am missing some of the temples, but here are the ones I got:

Oslo

Brussels

Vienna

Camusi Ghana

Mozambique

Cape town

Singapore (Republican?)

Cali columbia

2 in Mexico

Helena Montana

Casper Wyoming

Grand Junction CO

Farmington NM 

Burley ID

Eugene Oregon

Elko NevadA

Yurba Linda CA

Smithfield, UT

and 1 more

I bet the members in Farmington Utah got really excited for half a second.

4 minutes ago, Peacefully said:

I kept crossing my fingers for Ft. Worth, TX. My heart beat faster when he said F-armington, NM. 😂 

One of the best young women in the whole world just got called to the Fort Worth Mission.  Is that where you are?  

Presidents Oaks talk was loaded with knowledge and direction for these last days. From political affiliation (or the lack of it), being willing to change our political positions as needed, don’t follow a single political leader, and members can vote in different ways at different times and still be faithful Saints.

Most of all no politics at church and make the gospel teachings the center of life, not politics.

If my Facebook feed and Deseret News comment section over the last few years is any indication, this talk just hit a lot of nerves.

President Nelson,

Do all you can to bring Covid numbers down in your area so temples can reopen.

I think the debate on where the church stands on the severity of COVID, mask wearing, vaccines, etc has gotten pretty clear.

what a moving list of more temples. What a way to end conference.

All I could think of was, “We thank thee oh God for a Prophet to guide us in these later days.”

13 minutes ago, Peacefully said:

I am! It covers a pretty large area:)  Is she related to you?

She isn't.  She was one of my laurels when I was the YW's president.  She's also in my son's friend group so I still see her often.  Once she gets out I'll PM you her name so you can keep an eye out for her. :) 

5 hours ago, Ragerunner said:

Presidents Oaks talk was loaded with knowledge and direction for these last days. From political affiliation (or the lack of it), being willing to change our political positions as needed, don’t follow a single political leader, and members can vote in different ways at different times and still be faithful Saints.

Most of all no politics at church and make the gospel teachings the center of life, not politics.

If my Facebook feed and Deseret News comment section over the last few years is any indication, this talk just hit a lot of nerves.

as of today I'm a huge fan of President Oaks

19 hours ago, Bernard Gui said:

This Sunday morning session celebrating the Resurrection of Jesus Christ has been a tour de force demonstrating the spiritual depth of Church leadership across the world, as noted by President Nelson. This has been a wonderfully moving and motivating session for me. How about you?

I really enjoyed it. The music was great - especially the children singing - and the speakers were all excellent.

I really wish more of the speakers would have spoken in their native tongue and had their remarks translated into English.

With the majority of the Church now dwelling outside of the US, we might as well start getting used to hearing a few more talks given in that manner. 

On 4/5/2021 at 6:35 AM, Amulek said:

I really enjoyed it. The music was great - especially the children singing - and the speakers were all excellent.

I really wish more of the speakers would have spoken in their native tongue and had their remarks translated into English.

With the majority of the Church now dwelling outside of the US, we might as well start getting used to hearing a few more talks given in that manner. 

I had the same thoughts. What a treat it would be for the folks back home to hear her/him speaking in their language!

Edited by Bernard Gui

This was posted by Dustin Dibble on Facebook:

"I've been involved with the production of General Conference for a few years, and I am still amazed at the army needed to man the tech that it takes to send this broadcast all over the world, on all sorts of platforms. I'll always remember walking around the product floor at NAB in Las Vegas (huge broadcasting convention) with my team lead, talking to equipment manufacturers. They were very proud that their equipment would do 16 or 32 channels of audio. We'd tell them: "Well, we need something that can handle 96 languages" Their eyes would bug out of their head, and they would have a "1.21 giggawats!” moment. They would sputter: "Who does 96 languages? The United Nations only does 33! It can't be done!"

I was reminded of this just now, as I listened to the interpreter for Sinhala, spoken on Sri Lanka. He's interpreting from there, where it's 5 AM. I could actually hear the crickets chirping in the background as he interpreted. My heart swelled. These messages are important."

On 4/4/2021 at 4:47 PM, Rain said:

Ok, I am missing some of the temples, but here are the ones I got:

Oslo

Brussels

Vienna

Camusi Ghana

Mozambique

Cape town

Singapore (Republican?)

Cali columbia

2 in Mexico

Helena Montana

Casper Wyoming

Grand Junction CO

Farmington NM 

Burley ID

Eugene Oregon

Elko NevadA

Yurba Linda CA

Smithfield, UT

and 1 more

Belo Horizonte, Brazil

On 4/4/2021 at 5:57 PM, bluebell said:

I bet the members in Farmington Utah got really excited for half a second.

It is Farmington NM not UT.    And since that town is about 45000 and is on the Navaho reservation, one can only suppose that the Lord wants the many native people who've lost family during the pandemic to have the blessing of temple worship.  It was indeed touching.

40 minutes ago, rpn said:

It is Farmington NM not UT.    And since that town is about 45000 and is on the Navaho reservation, one can only suppose that the Lord wants the many native people who've lost family during the pandemic to have the blessing of temple worship.  It was indeed touching.

Yes, I know, that's why I said the excitement only lasted for half a second.  Long enough for the prophet to finish the sentence.  :D