The atonement parable of boyd k. Packer

22 hours ago, theplains said:

When I look at True to the Faith, eternal life is defined only one way.

Of course!

When I talk to anyone about anything, eveyrhing they say is defined only one way- their personal point of view.

On 4/28/2021 at 3:24 PM, theplains said:

From what I have read, the LDS Church teaches eternal life is living life as a god (or God if you
prefer the capitalization) as Heavenly Father currently is said to be living (married and having
spirit children).

In the terminology of the Church, the expression ‘eternal life’ means, “the kind of life God  lives.” In all three of the post resurrection kingdoms of heavenly glory, each recipient of salvation receives the very same light, power, and knowledge of God through the atoning sacrifice of Christ, but even though each saved individual receives sufficient empowerment and knowledge from God to enable them to live godly lives of holiness, it’s only those who obtain the highest degree of glory in the celestial kingdom’ three degrees who are empowered to live the kind of life that God lives in infinite and eternal fullness; and they are those whom the Apostle Paul describes as receiving “a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.”

Finally, I can assure you that most Latter-Day Saints, including many of its leaders, would admit it makes perfect sense to say that those who obtain salvation in the lower kingdoms of heavenly glory do indeed receive a portion of eternal life, but just not the fulness of the same.  While it’s indeed true that eternal life isn’t usually defined in this  way, yet within the theology and soteriology of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints  it makes perfect sense to say that portions of eternal life can be enjoyed within each degrees of heavenly glory. After all, if the Savior promised those who would receive him in mortality the blessing of eternal life even before death and their glorious resurrection, it’s perfectly logical to conclude that aspects of eternal life can be enjoyed by those who are not fully exalted in the celestial kingdom of God.