Seriously No Politics ×

They are throwing children over the border fence

It breaks my heart. They are throwing  children over the border wall. A 3 year old and a 5 year old, in the dark. Yet we weren't allowed to have any children. I can't believe some of the comments from my fellow Americans.  We, as a nation hath not charity.

Does anybody remember the verses that say if we don't have charity, what we have will be taken away from us and the Lamanites will be as wolves among us?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/border-patrol-video-smugglers-5-year-old-3-year-old-abandoned-border

Edited by rodheadlee

How did they manage to be unhurt? (1 1/2 stories almost)

Here’s another:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/authorities-smugglers-drop-children-us-border-wall-76798367

The video shows the person lowering the children one at a time before letting them drop to the ground below. The children stood up as two people fled on the other side of the border.

Maybe they were lowered for part of the way. Haven’t watched the video yet, not sure I want to. Too depressing this is happening. 

Added:  watched it, kids were lowered about halfway down before being let go.  They looked like they worked at getting as low as they could, so some consideration. It also didn’t look 14 feet to me when I compared it to the height of the guy straddling the fence, but the location of the abandonment is more than bad enough. 

Edited by Calm
22 minutes ago, rodheadlee said:

It breaks my heart. They are throwing  children over the border wall. A 3 year old and a 5 year old, in the dark. Yet weren't allowed to have any children. I can't believe some of the comments from my fellow Americans.  We, as a nation hath not charity.

Does anybody remember the verses that say if we don't have charity, what we have will be taken away from us and the Lamanites will be as wolves among us?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/border-patrol-video-smugglers-5-year-old-3-year-old-abandoned-border

It's nice to see I'm not the only one upset over this.  It disgusts me how people here treat the less fortunate, this is just awful.  These are the same people who expect society to do everything for them and theirs (at societies expense) yet care nothing for the suffering of their neighbors. 

To be fair, in many ways things are being taken away from people.  Look at young families nowadays, white flight isn't an option for most anymore, the places left to flee are becoming quite expensive.  Also, competition for scarce resources like schools and safe suburbs is rediculous.  People hate transplants and if they know they're outsiders they're usually treated poorly.  Also, the USA has a big bachelor population, one that is fairly antagionistic towards families.  A lot of us had rotten childhoods and tend to despise the entitlement so many families here have, it's worse than what we saw growing up and we vote accordingly.   That being said, it still blows my mind when I see people who live in comfortable suburbs and have the ability to provide a good life for their children act this way, they never think something bad will happen to them. 

My wife and I are getting old and decrepit, with my wife being scheduled for hip replacement surgery in May, but we would take a couple of those kids in our home and pray that we lived long enough that they could begin to take care of themselves.

What is happening with children like that is inhumane and criminal. Those two could have died in that desert area.

Glenn

1 hour ago, poptart said:

It's nice to see I'm not the only one upset over this.  It disgusts me how people here treat the less fortunate, this is just awful.  These are the same people who expect society to do everything for them and theirs (at societies expense) yet care nothing for the suffering of their neighbors. 

To be fair, in many ways things are being taken away from people.  Look at young families nowadays, white flight isn't an option for most anymore, the places left to flee are becoming quite expensive.  Also, competition for scarce resources like schools and safe suburbs is rediculous.  People hate transplants and if they know they're outsiders they're usually treated poorly.  Also, the USA has a big bachelor population, one that is fairly antagionistic towards families.  A lot of us had rotten childhoods and tend to despise the entitlement so many families here have, it's worse than what we saw growing up and we vote accordingly.   That being said, it still blows my mind when I see people who live in comfortable suburbs and have the ability to provide a good life for their children act this way, they never think something bad will happen to them. 

BINGO! I hope there's a whole bunch of people that are decent and good, that will help with adopting these children or somehow take care of them until they can be reunited with their families. Or how in the heck do we know who their families are I wonder. I just feel that there's plenty of space in the US that can hold them. I read the words on the Statue of Liberty yesterday and think what a great nation but lately I wonder if people have forgotten.