Please pray for the saints in the south....

Spring is always a time for tornadoes in the South. Sometimes even in the Winter, my house was hit last January 2020. However this year, those in the South are getting hammered especially hard. A few days ago, two  tornadoes touched down just 20 miles to the North and 30 miles to the South. The one especially to my South, causing millions in damage, with many members were affected, losing there homes. In the last 10 days there have been four deaths and countless injuries from Mississippi, all the way up into North Carolina. We live in challenging times, and any prayers could only help, or so I hope. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Bill “Papa” Lee said:

Spring is always a time for tornadoes in the South. Sometimes even in the Winter, my house was hit last January 2020. However this year, those in the South are getting hammered especially hard. A few days ago, two  tornadoes touched down just 20 miles to the North and 30 miles to the South. The one especially to my South, causing millions in damage, with many members were affected, losing there homes. In the last 10 days there have been four deaths and countless injuries from Mississippi, all the way up into North Carolina. We live in challenging times, and any prayers could only help, or so I hope. 

I'm so sorry for that happening all around you. I don't know how people do it in these areas every year like that. I feel guilty living in a state that doesn't have many weather issues. I just think people that have to endure like that are a very tough group and I'm sure they value life over materialism. And don't get all hung up on things that aren't that important in the scope of things. I hope the weather will subside and that these people will get a break. 

22 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

I'm so sorry for that happening all around you. I don't know how people do it in these areas every year like that. I feel guilty living in a state that doesn't have many weather issues. I just think people that have to endure like that are a very tough group and I'm sure they value life over materialism. And don't get all hung up on things that aren't that important in the scope of things. I hope the weather will subside and that these people will get a break. 

We try to keep it out of our minds, and get ready when we know it is coming. 

On 3/28/2021 at 4:20 PM, Bill “Papa” Lee said:

I grew up in Indiana and Tennessee, so I know the dangers of tornadoes all too well. I will do my part by praying; please try to keep safe.

54 minutes ago, latterdaytemplar said:

I grew up in Indiana and Tennessee, so I know the dangers of tornadoes all too well. I will do my part by praying; please try to keep safe.

Thank you, I have built a metal enclosure, in the deepest enclosed area of our house, anchored through the floor and into the earth, if storms during the night, if we are startled while sleeping. Now I am working on a storm cellar outside of our home, just about 30-40 feet away from our back door, if we have more time, and advanced warning to take cover. My wife bought me a radio that will warn us. It will have electricity, WiFi, and a warning light on top, should we get trapped by falling trees. Also, big enough, in the event our neighbors need to take cover. It will also serve as a cool place to place our food storage. In our 7 years living in what I hope is the last place I will ever live, we have been hit twice. The first time, it just destroyed our well house, and a couple of trees. The second time, January 11, 2020, it almost stripped my roof, and took out 40-50 very large trees, on the Eastside part of my property, just 50 yards from our house, even less from our storage building. Had my carport not been triple secured, it would have blown away. In fact, it was dancing around, and we had to drive the anchor rods back in, and decided to add more. The tornado on January 11, 2020, was too close for comfort. I don’t scare much at all, but that day, inside that storm, was very unnerving! 

On 3/28/2021 at 8:23 PM, Tacenda said:

I don't know how people do it in these areas every year like that.

When we moved to Texas, I remember thinking it was funny having to explain to my wife why there was a 'doppler channel' on the tv.

To be honest, it's like pretty much anything else that's dangerous though. You learn to be aware of it and understand what you can do to avoid it or protect yourself from it, and then you go about your life. 

• Like 1
On 3/28/2021 at 7:23 PM, Tacenda said:

I have lived through tornados (Illinois and Kansas) and earthquakes (San Fran).  Though the tornadoes have caused more damage to my homes and neighbourhoods, I prefer them to earthquakes as the stories of the quakes that hit the area before I was born and after I had moved out are what scare me.

Edited by Calm
15 hours ago, Calm said:

I have lived through tornados (Illinois and Kansas) and earthquakes (San Fran).  Though the tornadoes have caused more damage to my homes and neighbourhoods, I prefer them to earthquakes as the stories of the quakes that hit the area before I was born and after I had moved out are what scare me.

I have seen and lived too many tornadoes, each time delivered by a loving God. In fact, we have a large wooded area on our property, and the tornado we had January 11, 2020, downed a lot of trees. We had to replace the roof, because we had too, due to severe damage. But the 40-50 downed trees, it is so heavily wooded, there seemed to be little reason to get rid of them. Pine trees are not very good for fireplaces, so we did nothing, if they were Oak, we would have cut, and slit for our fireplace. However, I have never lived through an earthquake, so  for the area affected, it hits everyone. So, nowhere to hide, meaning no way to shelter (like storm shelters) prepare. So this would be very unnerving, making most very afraid. So, if I had a choice, like you, “I would move”.