What a year it has been

5 hours ago, rodheadlee said:

A year ago our marina manager got shot, we were stuck there. We couldn't get an estimate from a crane service due to Covid. We thought millions were going to die in the US. The bad guys took over our marina and started charging protection. Bullets were flying, laying in the bottom of the boat hoping we didn't get hit. I'm so grateful for the protection supplied by Heavenly Father. We made it out with no injuries or bullet holes in the boat. I was so afraid of running out of money before we got enough dredging done. I testify that the blessings of tithing are real as well as the Keys to the Ministering of Angels. I'm only a member of the lower priesthood but I urge you to consider this.

I'm glad your safe! 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm obsessed with watching people that are nomads and don't living in a sticks or brick and mortar set place. I watch tiny homes, or van lives, or school bus builds etc, videos a lot. My husband would never do this, so my chance is slim of ever doing it. But stumbled across this young man that lives on his boat and it reminded me of you and your darling wife.

On 4/25/2021 at 4:18 AM, Tacenda said:

I'm obsessed with watching people that are nomads and don't living in a sticks or brick and mortar set place. I watch tiny homes, or van lives, or school bus builds etc, videos a lot. My husband would never do this, so my chance is slim of ever doing it. But stumbled across this young man that lives on his boat and it reminded me of you and your darling wife.

This reminds me:

A common saying in the boating world is that the two happiest days in a man’s life are when he buys a boat (especially a yacht) and when he sells it.

When a person buys a boat or a yacht, the buyer is often unaware of the costs of that boat or yacht—hence, the second happiest day is when he sells it.

On 4/27/2021 at 10:10 AM, Stargazer said:

This reminds me:

A common saying in the boating world is that the two happiest days in a man’s life are when he buys a boat (especially a yacht) and when he sells it.

When a person buys a boat or a yacht, the buyer is often unaware of the costs of that boat or yacht—hence, the second happiest day is when he sells it.

When I was first married my wife and I went to a Marina and bought a small barge that was used to carry dock and piling material to different areas inshore. We were going to build a tiny home on it and live in it at a local Marina. Well, we go back the next day to show off our new purchase and it was gone. The marina owner said the guy I gave $2000 to was a scoundrel and had tried to sell the same barge a few months before, I was dumb enough to give him the money without getting the title. It was a valuable life lesson and a huge ding to my newlywed ego. It took me about a month to find the barge but when I did, me and 2 of my friends took the out board off of it and sold it for $800. I didn't repent for stealing the engine, it felt good😁.

37 minutes ago, AtlanticMike said:

When I was first married my wife and I went to a Marina and bought a small barge that was used to carry dock and piling material to different areas inshore. We were going to build a tiny home on it and live in it at a local Marina. Well, we go back the next day to show off our new purchase and it was gone. The marina owner said the guy I gave $2000 to was a scoundrel and had tried to sell the same barge a few months before, I was dumb enough to give him the money without getting the title. It was a valuable life lesson and a huge ding to my newlywed ego. It took me about a month to find the barge but when I did, me and 2 of my friends took the out board off of it and sold it for $800. I didn't repent for stealing the engine, it felt good😁.

I don't think you stole it. You were the owner of the barge, and if the guy put a motor on your property (after HE stole it), then the motor belonged to you. He kept the barge, right? 

10 minutes ago, Stargazer said:

I don't think you stole it. You were the owner of the barge, and if the guy put a motor on your property (after HE stole it), then the motor belonged to you. He kept the barge, right? 

I like the way you think. Sounds good to me. 

My wife still gives me a hard time about it whenever she's mad at me or wants to embarrass me😀. Tell ya the truth, the guy probably did me a favor because I probably would of put 1000s of dollars in that stupid thing and it would of been a piece of junk. It sounded good at the time though.