'Inspired fiction' and doctrine and covenants section 27

7 hours ago, Rajah Manchou said:

I have no problem with you not dialoguing with me. But this is the second time you've accused me of lying, to get me banned, and then run away without an apology when its revealed you were wrong to accuse me. If you don't want to discuss with me, then simply don't discuss with me. No need to stir drama up and call in the mods. Overreaction.

I never accused you of anything, I've never reported you or tried to get you banned, nor am I trying to stir up any drama, nor have I overreacted to anything.  I simply thought it was strange that, right after JarMan posted something, immediately, you said, "Let me try this again."  And I thought, Is he schizophrenic?  Does he have Dissociative Identity Disorder?  Is he JarMan's sockpuppet?  What's going on?

You're overestimating, severely, the interest I have in anything you post.  I'm happy to resume my default position of barely paying any attention at all to you.  Good day.

10 hours ago, Rajah Manchou said:

Do you believe it matters whether this text is historical or fictional?

It depends.  Did a character from the book come back from the dead and present the book to someone and claim he abridged the record, 1600 years ago, which talks about his father and ancestors?

7 hours ago, T-Shirt said:

It depends. Did a character from the book come back from the dead and present the book to someone and claim he abridged the record, 1600 years ago, which talks about his father and ancestors?

No need for that. 

It is why I find the History of the Rechabites to be such an interesting text. It's pretty much what the Book of Mormon claims to be. But there's no confusion about its origins and no burden of geography. No anachronisms or supernatural origins.

It's just simply Another Testament of Jesus Christ, and it doesn't matter if its history or fiction. It does what its meant to do either way.

Edited by Rajah Manchou
19 hours ago, Scott Lloyd said:

I’m no stone caster. But not only have I not done such a thing, it would surprise me to learn it is as common as you claim. 

That was intended to be sarcasm and all my sockpuppets can verify that for you.

On 4/3/2021 at 3:44 AM, The Nehor said:

Completely fair and understandable. I sometimes can’t tell when I am being serious.

Hahaha! Just be you, we'll still love you! :)

Edited by Tacenda