My Introduction

On 3/21/2021 at 1:03 AM, Garden Girl said:

Welcome to the Board... Are you a dog person or a cat person?  🙂

from the beach (central Oregon coast) on a lovely evening, waiting for BYU basketball to come on...

GG

This reminded me of...

• Like 1
On 3/25/2021 at 11:06 AM, latterdaytemplar said:

The (now past) grand master whom you referenced just recently gave a 30-minute educational the Grand York Rite of Utah's lecture series about bodies beyond the York Rite, and it was just posted on the YouTube channel of Cryptic Masons International here, if you're at all interested.

Read Morals and Dogma?  

On 3/27/2021 at 11:13 AM, Stargazer said:

This reminded me of...

And that somehow reminded me of this:

20 hours ago, poptart said:

Read Morals and Dogma?  

I have read just enough to set conspiracy theorists straight on the portions commonly misquoted or quoted out-of-context, but I haven't yet read it all the way through. I hear that Pike's book Esoterika is better, but I haven't had a chance to read that one at all.

What is your opinion on Morals and Dogma?

On 3/30/2021 at 7:29 AM, latterdaytemplar said:

I have read just enough to set conspiracy theorists straight on the portions commonly misquoted or quoted out-of-context, but I haven't yet read it all the way through. I hear that Pike's book Esoterika is better, but I haven't had a chance to read that one at all.

What is your opinion on Morals and Dogma?

Esoterika is on the list.  Come next year i'm making a few life changes and shifting a few things around,  Will finally be catching up on my reading.  Esoterika is on the list.  Also, besides re-reading the BOM will finally finish reading this really cool Catholic Bible I picked up. 

Morals and Dogma is interesting if your SR.  Not sure if York Rite touches it much hence why I asked. 

It's the third Master Craftsman course that focuses on it.  Been holding off on it, still need to finish the other two. 

https://www.scottishritestore.org/master-craftsman-scottish-rite-philosophy-and-morals-dogma.html

On 3/31/2021 at 5:42 PM, poptart said:

Esoterika is on the list.  Come next year i'm making a few life changes and shifting a few things around,  Will finally be catching up on my reading.  Esoterika is on the list.  Also, besides re-reading the BOM will finally finish reading this really cool Catholic Bible I picked up. 

Morals and Dogma is interesting if your SR.  Not sure if York Rite touches it much hence why I asked. 

It's the third Master Craftsman course that focuses on it.  Been holding off on it, still need to finish the other two. 

https://www.scottishritestore.org/master-craftsman-scottish-rite-philosophy-and-morals-dogma.html

I had never heard of these courses before, so now I have even more incentive to join the SR!

Lately I've been memorizing the EA Lecture as well as the part of Companion Conductor for the Ill. Order of the Red Cross. I'm also trying to get the courses from the York Rite Leadership Training Program done; since the pandemic, they have been offering the first two courses virtually, but the third course apparently must be done in-person. I'm hoping to have the second course complete tomorrow, but since they typically only correspond with York Rite Department Conferences, I'm thinking that it'll be a while before I have the opportunity to complete the last course.

On 4/2/2021 at 8:36 AM, latterdaytemplar said:

I had never heard of these courses before, so now I have even more incentive to join the SR!

Lately I've been memorizing the EA Lecture as well as the part of Companion Conductor for the Ill. Order of the Red Cross. I'm also trying to get the courses from the York Rite Leadership Training Program done; since the pandemic, they have been offering the first two courses virtually, but the third course apparently must be done in-person. I'm hoping to have the second course complete tomorrow, but since they typically only correspond with York Rite Department Conferences, I'm thinking that it'll be a while before I have the opportunity to complete the last course.

It'll take time but if you're scholastically inclined you'll love the SR, it is the university of Freemasonry.

If YR would promote stuff like that more as well as the York Rite College I think they'd get more people.   Out here they're really hurting for people.  I know i've had my disagreements but as an org I do like them.  It's a shame in some states they're so political.  My first line signer joined a while back, it's been one giant headache unfortunately.  From the sounds of it, Utah does it right.

On 4/3/2021 at 11:45 AM, poptart said:

It'll take time but if you're scholastically inclined you'll love the SR, it is the university of Freemasonry.

If YR would promote stuff like that more as well as the York Rite College I think they'd get more people.   Out here they're really hurting for people.  I know i've had my disagreements but as an org I do like them.  It's a shame in some states they're so political.  My first line signer joined a while back, it's been one giant headache unfortunately.  From the sounds of it, Utah does it right.

I'm sorry to hear that in regard to YR out there. I don't have too much experience with its degrees (nothing, in fact, except for receiving them myself, and in group classes to boot), but the Utah community in YR is absolutely fantastic.

Your comment that SR is the university of Freemasonry has caused my desire to join SR to increase exponentially.

1 hour ago, latterdaytemplar said:

I'm sorry to hear that in regard to YR out there. I don't have too much experience with its degrees (nothing, in fact, except for receiving them myself, and in group classes to boot), but the Utah community in YR is absolutely fantastic.

Your comment that SR is the university of Freemasonry has caused my desire to join SR to increase exponentially.

Its kinda like that in a lot of states actually, that's one reason why sr has always been the larger organization.   Can't help but think because it's Utah it just works.   Unless you've been out there you wouldn't know they tend to get along and somehow make things work. 

I've probably been called a book Mason behind my back, it's usually by some up and coming officer who's angry about all the younger single brethren opting for sr to partially Dodge the lodge drama you see a lot more nowadays.