Thank you

I want to thank you guys for helping me the past 3 months by talking to me about church and life in general. I've had a hard time with church since I was young , I was molested inside the church during a physical for scout camp and I've never really dealt with it like I should have. I've let it define who I am my whole life. Talking on here helped at first with questions I have, but I'm starting to realize my problems are much deeper than I thought. Thanks again, you guys are great. I'm going to concentrate on family. 

• Like 2

Mike, you were a breath of fresh air! And you're not alone in this, there are a few of us that can relate to some of what you are going through and what you've gone through. Take care bud!! And don't be a stranger when life enables you to hang here! :) ❤️ You've been a heckuva nice guy! Rare breed, you are! I will hopefully try to make others happy as you have shown to do!

That question of how God allows harm to His children has always been a tough one.   Fact is, He only has flawed mortals to work with in administering His church.   And some are beyond flawed to evil.    I told my adoptive kids that He heard their prayers, and that is how we came to be inspired to adopt THEM, so they could know for themselves all of the gospel and love of God that they'd felt just couldn't possibly apply to them, and have access to the ordinances that can help them move through the repercussions of wickedness of others.   A couple of them still struggle with it, but they can also see now multiple ways that He has walked with them.  And the gospel has so very much blessed the lives of their children who otherwise are exposed to all of their struggles and determination of their parents to be good for those children.

Godspeed, Atlantic Mike.

• Upvote 1
On 3/17/2021 at 10:04 PM, AtlanticMike said:

I want to thank you guys for helping me the past 3 months by talking to me about church and life in general. I've had a hard time with church since I was young , I was molested inside the church during a physical for scout camp and I've never really dealt with it like I should have. I've let it define who I am my whole life. Talking on here helped at first with questions I have, but I'm starting to realize my problems are much deeper than I thought. Thanks again, you guys are great. I'm going to concentrate on family. 

Child abuse sucks, it never really does go away.  That and despite what people say in the most do not care, just how it is.  I may end up getting therapy in a few years when things are more stable.  Bad thing is when that bleeds into adult life it taints everything.  A lot of people who protest against religion nowadays were either abuse victims or had bad childhood experiences with religion as children.  Something i'll give the LDS church, compared to what i've seen from other denominations they're far more accepting of people.  You see it in the numbers as well, compared to everyone else the LDS church has done a far better job of keeping people.  

On 3/18/2021 at 1:17 AM, Robert F. Smith said:

Talking about it is really important.  Glad to see that you understand now that you allowed that incident to define you.  It wasn't your fault in any way.

GG

On 3/18/2021 at 12:04 AM, AtlanticMike said:

So very sorry you had to endure this is silence for so long. If there are two places on earth a person (any person) should feel safe, it is at home and in Church. God bless you.

Ahh, I'm sorry to see you go. I wondered where you were these past several days as you were so prolific on so many threads the last several weeks. I wish you the best, brother. : )