Seriously No Politics ×

Update on Masterpiece Cake Shop Case

Remember this one, anyone? No, he didn't claim to be transgender, just dressed like a woman to plant a camera back in 2013. If anyone saw him doing the same thing today, they wouldn't feel like they had a right to report him because we're not supposed to judge or question. It's discrimination to ask a pervert if he belongs there or not, even if you don't throw on a dress and a wig. You can probably walk in with a full beard and now women are afraid to call out the obvious. 

Man Disguised as Woman Recorded “Hours” of Mall Restroom Video: Investigators – NBC Los Angeles

On 3/5/2021 at 8:37 AM, smac97 said:

Thoughts?  Should Mr. Phillips be compelled, by force of law and under threat of financial ruin, to make cakes with messages with which he disagrees?  Should he be forced to craft images of Satan smoking marijuana?  Of Satan licking a dildo?

Wait - was Satan supposed to be smoking and licking at the same time? 

I would either tell them, "This isn't an adult cake shop." or I would troll them hard by making the cake look really bad and then tell them that was my artistic expression and to prove that it was bad/that I made Satan look like Elmo on purpose. Then I would blame the overall sloppy appearance on their stupid, vibrating dildo. "Sorry. The cake wasn't structurally sound enough to withstand it." I don't think I've ever written "dildo" on this board before. Gonna go pray for the end of the world now. 

Just now, AtlanticMike said:

Screenshot_20210705-213731~2.png

Predators suck. Amen. 

Just now, MorningStar said:

Predators suck. Amen. 

Thank you morning star!!! That's all I wanted to hear. I was getting tired of the man bashing on this thread. 

Young men are less likely to report any type of sexual abuse so we really don't know what percentage of women actually sexually assault young men and even young women. Do men do modt of the assaults, of course, I'm not denying that. But this pretending that women are innocent and are nothing but sweat angels floating on clouds while men are brute beast just dying to get into the women's locker room is ridiculous. Just about every man I know would go out of their way to protect any innocent child or women. 

1 minute ago, AtlanticMike said:

Thank you morning star!!! That's all I wanted to hear. I was getting tired of the man bashing on this thread. 

Young men are less likely to report any type of sexual abuse so we really don't know what percentage of women actually sexually assault young men and even young women. Do men do modt of the assaults, of course, I'm not denying that.

But this pretending that women are innocent and are nothing but sweat angels floating on clouds

CFR

while men are brute beast just dying to get into the women's locker room is ridiculous.

Just about every man I know would go out of their way to protect any innocent child or women. 

Just now, AtlanticMike said:

Young men are less likely to report any type of sexual abuse so we really don't know what percentage of women actually sexually assault young men and even young women. Do men do modt of the assaults, of course, I'm not denying that. But this pretending that women are innocent and are nothing but sweat angels floating on clouds while men are brute beast just dying to get into the women's locker room is ridiculous. Just about every man I know would go out of their way to protect any innocent child or women. 

It happened to a friend of mine when he was in junior high. :(  Down with all predators! And no, women are not all angels and not all men are predators, but I don't think most men live in fear of being randomly attacked by women. Female predators tend to groom victims. We should not make it easier for predators to prey on people. They are opportunists. 

32 minutes ago, MorningStar said:

." I don't think I've ever written "dildo" on this board before.

I think the original auto-censor retired and a much more lenient one was hired as I am not getting any warnings I have said the wrong thing lately, which I used to get when citing clinical studies or talked about medications. 

Edited by Calm
2 minutes ago, AtlanticMike said:

What's a dildo? 🤔

dildo
[ˈdildō]

NOUN
  • vulgar slang
    a stupid or ridiculous person.
See? Way too heavy for a cake.
Edited by MorningStar
9 minutes ago, MorningStar said:
dildo
[ˈdildō]

NOUN
  • vulgar slang
    a stupid or ridiculous person.
See? Way too heavy for a cake.

Aaaahh shucks morning star! I teed that question up perfectly for you. I was hoping you would say, well Atlanticmike, if you really want to know why don't you look in the mirror dumb xss! 😂😂😂😂😂 That would of been great! Oh well😁 I'll keep tryin.

54 minutes ago, AtlanticMike said:

Young men are less likely to report any type of sexual abuse so we really don't know what percentage of women actually sexually assault young men and even young women. Do men do modt of the assaults, of course, I'm not denying that.

But this pretending that women are innocent and are nothing but sweat angels floating on clouds

One of the board rules with a call for references is that you supply the reference or withdraw what you said. Please show us where this has happened or withdraw it.

while men are brute beast just dying to get into the women's locker room is ridiculous. Just about every man I know would go out of their way to protect any innocent child or women. 

Edited by Rain
7 minutes ago, Rain said:

One of the board rules with a call for references is that you supply the reference or withdraw what you said. Please show us where this has happened or withdraw it.

You want me to prove women can float on clouds? Well I guess if you supply the cloud I'll see if you  could float on it. Might work, might not, who knows, I'm not a scientist, just a dumb roofer.

You want me to prove women can float on clouds? Well I guess if you supply the cloud I'll see if you  could float on it. Might work, might not, who knows, I'm not a scientist, just a dumb roofer.

"But this pretending that women are innocent and are nothing but sweat angels floating on clouds"

5 minutes ago, AtlanticMike said:

If all I do is creep you out then I must be doing something wrong, or I'm getting soft in my old age. 

I suspect you are doing much more than creeping her out.  I will add I am getting domination/misogyny vibes from you that would cause me to avoid you in person. You may want to reconsider how you are posting rather than bragging about it.  That added a few levels of creepiness right there even if a joke…especially given we are discussing women’s views on safety. 

Edited by Calm
3 minutes ago, AtlanticMike said:

Oh no!! That's ok, I already read it, you said I creap you out and thanked everyone for taking me on. Kudos for telling me how you really feel. 

If all I do is creep you out then I must be doing something wrong, or I'm getting soft in my old age. 

Well if that is your goal, I guess I should not have changed my mind about posting. 

That sounds like an awesome title for a country song, agree?

Are you going to show evidence that someone in this thread is claiming women are never predators or just play games?

10 minutes ago, Calm said:

that would cause me to avoid you in person

Well, I decided months ago if you, raingirl or Julianne were in my ward, I would sell my house and move to a different stake because I wouldn't want my daughter's to be in any class you might teach in young women's. I don't believe in child abuse.

28 minutes ago, AtlanticMike said:

Well, I decided months ago if you, raingirl or Julianne were in my ward, I would sell my house and move to a different stake because I wouldn't want my daughter's to be in any class you might teach in young women's. I don't believe in child abuse.

Accusations of criminal behaviour. Nice. 

Good to know you are willing to take it this far and it is unlikely simply a case of poor communication and different ideas.

Just to be clear, I have had a problem with how you express things as it makes it appear you will not or cannot understand others’ POV in some very important topics. I have been hoping it is you just not understanding how you are coming across rather than actually being a troll or misogynistic. 

Edited by Calm
8 minutes ago, Calm said:

Just to be clear, I have a problem with how you express things. I have been hoping it is you just not understanding how you are coming across rather than actually being misogynistic. 

From the second or third day I joined this forum I've been called all kinds names and been insulted and I think it's always been by a handful of women who act like they own this board. You guys are mean. I've tried to be upbeat, cheerful, compliment people and just be an all around good person. But a man  says one wrong sentence on here there is a group of women who won't let go until there's no more meat on the bone. One wrong sentence will derail a thread and send people off in a tizzy because you don't agree. It's ridiculous!! 

But a man  says one wrong sentence on here there is a group of women who won't let go until there's no more meat on the bone.

Posts are there for evidence for those who care to read them. 

The idea you are representing this ongoing conflict as resulting from “one wrong sentence” is strong evidence this misrepresentation is intentional to me. 

30 minutes ago, Calm said:

Good to know you are willing to take it this far and it is unlikely simply a case of poor communication and different ideas.

Just to be clear, I have had a problem with how you express things as it makes it appear you will not or cannot understand others’ POV in some very important topics. I have been hoping it is you just not understanding how you are coming across rather than actually being a troll or misogynistic. 

I’m confident he completely understands how he is coming across, and that it is willful and intentional. And I don’t think it needs to be a troll OR misogynistic. I think it can be both.