Will Christ return in your lifetime?

Second Coming  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Will Christ return before you die (physically)?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Don't know.
    • Don't care.
    • Other.

9 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Where do the Infinity Stones fit in?  And what is the symbol for Aquamarine? (my birthstone)  And why don't the squares in that chart open up a link to tell me more about what the box represents?

They don't.

Aquamarine is a compound, not an element. It's actually a variety of the mineral beryl, with chemical name beryllium aluminium cyclosilicate. 

If you want an interactive periodic table, try the NIH website:

https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/periodic-table/

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Stargazer said:

They don't.

No, you're supposed to say which stones are infinite, silly.

Aquamarine is a compound, not an element. It's actually a variety of the mineral beryl, with chemical name beryllium aluminium cyclosilicate. 

So it's not in that chart, you're saying?  My birthstone is not represented in that chart, anywhere?  So does that mean I was never born?

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Stargazer said:

They don't.

Or maybe these are more his speed. :)

gemstones1.jpg81CFIrGYpzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
On 2/22/2021 at 2:59 PM, Thinking said:

On Sunday my wife was listening to Sunday school online and the teacher said that she believed that she would still be alive when Christ returned. She made it clear that she meant that He would return before she left this mortal probation. Some of my Sunday School teachers from my youth testified that we (the youth) would be alive to see the second coming. I'm not sure what the attraction is to making claims like this since we are told that nobody knows (Matthew 24:36).

I personally haven't heard anybody make a claim like this in a long time, so I thought it was almost weird that this teacher would make that claim.

I remember when my seminary teacher made a ridiculous and unfounded claim that we were in the "midnight hour of the sixth seal". 

2 minutes ago, Damien the Leper said:

I remember when my seminary teacher made a ridiculous and unfounded claim that we were in the "midnight hour of the sixth seal". 

An hour has 360 seconds in it.  Why didn't you ask for a more specific answer?

4 minutes ago, Damien the Leper said:

Because it was clear she didn't know what she was talking about and I couldn't take her seriously.

Sometimes it's good to ask questions just to try to get someone else's mind to start thinking, to try to get those wheels churning, so that maybe, jus maybe, while they have that question in their own mind, God will answer that question for them.

9 minutes ago, Damien the Leper said:

Zion isn't a country. It's more a people.

... or to go a little further, it is more a state of being, or a state of the heart, of being pure in heart.

30 minutes ago, Ahab said:

No, you're supposed to say which stones are infinite, silly.

Nothing is infinite except Christ's atonement. :D 

So it's not in that chart, you're saying?  My birthstone is not represented in that chart, anywhere?  So does that mean I was never born?

Not sure. I'd guess "No," but my guesses aren't always correct.

Thank you.

You're very welcome!

2 hours ago, The Nehor said:

An hour has 3,600 seconds.

Good catch.  I was only testing, of course, to see who wanted to correct me first.

39 minutes ago, Oliblish said:

Here is another one that I have seen a lot:

old-testament-bookmark_1344149_prt.jpg

The Adam 4000BC-2000AD Millennium start model and its connection to D&C 77 have been a part of Church culture for many years.

Science says they're wrong along with most creationist ideas.  Our educated membership naturally leans towards science and has made all sorts of explanations to bypass scripture.  It's fascinating to observe.

15 hours ago, JLHPROF said:

Our educated membership naturally leans towards science and has made all sorts of explanations to bypass scripture.  It's fascinating to observe.

You mean like this?

In these respects we differ from the Christian world, for our religion will not clash with or contradict the facts of science in any particular. You may take geology, for instance, and it is a true science; not that I would say for a moment that all the conclusions and deductions of its professors are true, but its leading principles are; they are facts—they are eternal ... How long [the earth] has been organized it is not for me to say, and I do not care anything about it. As for the Bible account of the creation we may say that the Lord gave it to Moses, or rather Moses obtained the history and traditions of the fathers, and from these picked out what he considered necessary, and that account has been handed down from age to age, and we have got it, no matter whether it is correct or not, and whether the Lord found the earth empty and void, whether he made it out of nothing or out of the rude elements; or whether he made it in six days or in as many millions of years ...

• Upvote 1
27 minutes ago, Hamba Tuhan said:

You mean like this?

Yes, exactly like that.  I agree with Brigham.  I don't think for a second God made the earth in 6 of our days.

But the creation isn't the topic at hand.  It's the time between the fall and the start of the Millennial reign.  I don't see that science necessarily contradicts that timeline particularly.  Unless you doubt the existence of Adam and the Fall.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

• Similar Content

• By Maestrophil
      Hi all.

My wife and I have been reading in Ezekiel and have come to the part about the temple that is to be build in Jerusalem at the second coming.  Ezekiel gives great detail about the dimensions and layout of the temple, which is very unlike what current temples are, and much like the temples of old.  He also describes what will be done in tis temple - and much of it is animal sacrifice and offerings etc.
      My question is - how does this square with the idea that the temple is to be built by Jews who have accepted Jesus (and presumably joined the church) at his second coming?  Why would animal sacrifice be practiced there at all?  I have looked a bit online, and can't seem to find anything talking about this. 
      Thanks!
      MP

• By Anijen
      While General Conference Starts tomorrow, I am looking forward to some great spiritual talks. I am one who just wants the Savior to return soon. Today would be alright with me, although I have a ways to go as far as improvement. I just read about fish are now living, and apparently surviving in the Dead Sea (see here).  Another sign to mark off done.
      Hurrah for Israel! 
    • By Bernard Gui
      I have pointed to the Temple Institute of Jerusalem a number of times on this board because I am interested in following a group of Jews who are seriously preparing for the coming of Messiah. This week they announced the birth of a red heifer that potentially could be a very significant portent of that great event.
      Comments?
    • By nuclearfuels
      Pretty sure this means something just not sure what.
      Signs of the last days or signs of the last of the last days?
      My friends, please - teach, impart, expound, exhort. 
      I'm not looking for a statement from Church HQ - just curious to hear from the Jewish historians and experts as to their opinion.
      Last time this happened in 1866:
      The US Civil War ended
      German and Russian leaders were assassinated
      TNT was invented.
      Few sources:
      “The Talmud states that Israel is judged by our actions, by our commitment to Hashem (God), and not by astrological signs,” Rabbi Berger told Breaking Israel News. “In fact, the Talmud states that a lunar eclipse is a bad sign for those who hate Israel.”
      “People who cannot accept that God is behind nature are the haters of Israel, since our presence in the world bears witness to the fact there is a creator,” he continued. “God used nature to bring the plagues on to Egypt. But even when the plagues transcended anything that was ever witnessed before, Pharaoh refused to accept God as being behind them. We are seeing this today, with hurricanes and earthquakes occurring in unprecedented manners.”
      https://www.christianheadlines.com/blog/blue-blood-moon-has-prophetic-significance-say-religious-leaders.html

One of the biggest dates on the near horizon is the actual 70th anniversary of the nation of Israel, which is only mere months away.  Considering the transition from 2017 to 2018, it occurs to me that '7' is the number of spiritual perfection and completion, but '8' is the number of resurrection and new beginnings.  Let's not forget that all of the incredible "coincidences" last year were God-orchestrated and were reminders that the present age's clock is ticking.  We will still be in the biblical year that witnessed the Revelation 12 Sign (Eclipse last summer)  until March or April 2018 and on the Jewish civil calendar (and possibly Jubilee calendar) we are in the same year until next Fall.

At the same time, radical change is unfolding in the Middle East, culminating with Fatah and Hamas reconciliation, the collapse of the ISIS caliphate, the world's vote to divide Jerusalem, Trump's Jerusalem decision in response, the Saudi Arabian regime change, revolution in Iran, and dominoes now starting to fall: after Trump's embassy announcement Guatemala quickly followed suit and rumor is building that some 10 other nations, including Honduras, are considering making the same move.  This may very well be the build up towards Israeli sovereignty over the Temple Mount in 2018 and what shortly follows next - the Third Temple.
      http://www.unsealed.org/2017/12/2018-new-chapter-begins.html
      I hope you were able to catch the supermoon this weekend... the brightness was amazing. At our home it was casting shadows in the yard. Apparently supermoons are so bright because they are 30,000 miles closer than at other times...which makes them 30% brighter. You probably also know that this celestial event was 70 days after the Revelation 12 Sign concluded. What I just found out this morning is that this is just part one of a "supermoon trilogy". Coming up next month there is another supermoon happening. January 1st of 2018.... exactly 100 days after the Revelation 12 Sign. It's almost as though God is putting an exclamation mark the first day of the year for some reason. Then, before the 1st month is even over in 2018 yet a third supermoon is happening!  This is a blue-moon.... or as the article below calls it, a super-blue-moon and a "Royal Spectacle".  On top of that, it is a lunar eclipse (aka, a blood moon)!
      https://rev12daily.blogspot.com/2017/12/a-supermoon-trilogy.html
      "Prophecisor" Pastor Paul Begley has once again taken to YouTube to warn of the prophetic significance of the rare super blue blood moon, which he noted falls on a Jewish festival holiday - the Festival of Trees.

• By Sky
      I heard a talk recently by President Russell M. Nelson saying that we are in the "latter end of the latter-days."  I can't locate the source at the moment, but I believe it was from his Youth Fireside address in January of this year or last year.  
      I've always been leery of speculating of the exact timing of the Second Coming (an actual prophesied physical future event), but with statements like this, it's hard not to wonder.  After all, the name of the church is "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."
      Should this statement be considered a prophecy, or simply a random statement by a church leader, but not necessarily an official doctrinal pronouncement?  I mean, supposedly they have been saying stuff off the cuff like this for years.
      But...if the latter days started in about 1820 (at the time of the First Vision), and curently we are only 3 years away from the year 2020, perhaps we are not that far away from the Second Coming after all!  
      My bigger questions, though, are should we really bother to try to improve humanity and current world conditions if things are only going to get worse before Christ comes again?  Exactly how bad will things get?  Is the Church really where it needs to be right now in order for this to happen?  Less than 1% of the world's population is LDS, and even less than that are active LDS. How many of us really live our religion perfectly and can honestly say we are ready for this? There probably won't be any large LDS growth for the foreseeable future as far as numbers are concerned.  What will become of everything and everbody else?  Or should I even concern myself with such things?