Seriously No Politics ×

The Demands of Justice

What demands the price of Justice?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. When justice needs to be satisfied what is payment of the price satisfying?

• Cosmological balance (natural law)
    • God's own laws/rules
    • Offense against God personally
    • Requirements for entry to the next level (Celestial)
    • Laws of our current situation
    • Something else entirely (comment below)

21 hours ago, Ahab said:

And you were ordained a bishop.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOkay.

Yeah, like I said, try to do better in the future. 😇

9 minutes ago, Ahab said:

You can use that advice just as well as I can.

But you haven't sinned in years!

How can you do better?

23 hours ago, mfbukowski said:

But you haven't sinned in years!

How can you do better?

Okay, well, then maybe you can use the advice better than I can?  Nah, I don't think so.  Being without sin doesn't make either one of us perfect. So we both can work on trying to do better equally well.

On 2/26/2021 at 3:37 PM, JLHPROF said:

Genesis 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

What removes the curse incurred via childbirth that you mentioned?

6 minutes ago, telnetd said:

What removes the curse incurred via childbirth that you mentioned?

Our resurrection, due to the atonement of Jesus Christ our Savior, which will restore our bodies to what Adam's and Eve's bodies were like before the fall.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2021 at 4:51 PM, The Nehor said:

I suspect natural law. That beings who have fallen as far as we have somehow passed beyond the ability to become exalted even if we did "pay for our own sins".

What you imply is that somehow Christ's Atonement is not sufficient to blot out your sin. There is absolutely no way that anyone can pay for their own sins. That would render the Atonement worthless. The whole OT ritual and law was designed to show us that NOBODY can keep it and to bring us to an awareness of sin. There is absolutely no substitute for the blood of Christ when it comes to salvation. Exaltation is part of the rewards of Heaven and the byproduct of faithful obedience to the further rut and light revealed in this dispensation. 

For the repentant soul, no one is beyond the reach of the grace and mercy of a loving Heavenly Father. Don't forget, Alma (the younger) was a murderer. The Lord sent a messenger to "enlighten" him as to his future and the hell that awaited him. in spite of all is sins, the Loed saw fit to redeem him and turn him into a mighty instrument in His hands.

"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land..." Isa 1:18-19

15 minutes ago, Islander said:

What you imply is that somehow Christ's Atonement is not sufficient to blot out your sin. There is absolutely no way that anyone can pay for their own sins. That would render the Atonement worthless. The whole OT ritual and law was designed to show us that NOBODY can keep it and to bring us to an awareness of sin. There is absolutely no substitute for the blood of Christ when it comes to salvation. Exaltation is part of the rewards of Heaven and the byproduct of faithful obedience to the further rut and light revealed in this dispensation. 

For the repentant soul, no one is beyond the reach of the grace and mercy of a loving Heavenly Father. Don't forget, Alma (the younger) was a murderer. The Lord sent a messenger to "enlighten" him as to his future and the hell that awaited him. in spite of all is sins, the Loed saw fit to redeem him and turn him into a mighty instrument in His hands.

"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land..." Isa 1:18-19

Not what I said.

Alma the Younger’s talk about murder appears to be about leading people to spiritual death and not physically killing people. Jesus kept the Mosaic Law perfectly so SOMEBODY can.

Also, what is with the thread necromancy?

22 hours ago, The Nehor said:

Not what I said.

Alma the Younger’s talk about murder appears to be about leading people to spiritual death and not physically killing people.

Jesus kept the Mosaic Law perfectly so SOMEBODY can.

Also, what is with the thread necromancy?

Alma felt and thought of himself as a murderer. There is really no difference, from God's standpoint, whether you are the culprit or an accessory to the murder. David did not actually killed Uriah. But he caused his death so God pointed to him as the murderer.

Of course, Jesus kept the law perfectly. I was referring to the like of us, mere mortals. 

As for the "necromancy", I have no idea what you're talking about, brother.

29 minutes ago, Islander said:

Alma felt and thought of himself as a murderer. There is really no difference, from God's standpoint, whether you are the culprit or an accessory to the murder. David did not actually killed Uriah. But he caused his death so God pointed to him as the murderer.

Of course, Jesus kept the law perfectly. I was referring to the like of us, mere mortals. 

As for the "necromancy", I have no idea what you're talking about, brother.

Ummmm....that is not a refutation of what I said.

Thread necromancy, bringing an old thread back.