Seriously No Politics ×

So how is everyone else doing?

The Nehor

28 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

3A64F890-0F3C-4E19-AE79-B69470A24DAB.jpeg.54080e5461789a835903ded06a510d6c.jpeg

Have to admit it is not a great start.  The good news is my latest disorder is only going to last 5 to 15 years rather than the rest of my life...which might be an additional ten.

9 hours ago, longview said:

dancing-raccoon.gif

Thank you for posting this meme Longview! I set a trap behind my chicken coop 2 nights ago and totally forgot about it. We're infested with raccoons, they must be polygamists because there's atleast 10 youngins from this past spring.

5 hours ago, The Nehor said:

I liked 1997 and 2006. Can we give one of those a rerun?

I have found that reruns all too often leave something to be desired when the warm glow of remembering a better time meets the hard reality of the way things really were.

Glenn

Not to get too serious, but I can't stop watching and reading about the takeover. I probably need some help before I hurt my relationships with a few of my children that believe the conspiracy theories. 

I'm suppose to go to a baby shower with my daughter tomorrow that believes all of this and I'm afraid to be in the car with her and the conversation we'll have and what I might say to damage it. I will try to not bring it up, but I'm sad that something like this has put a wedge in between me and her and a few of my close friends as well. 

Back to the fun memes! ;)

45 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

Not to get too serious, but I can't stop watching and reading about the takeover. I probably need some help before I hurt my relationships with a few of my children that believe the conspiracy theories. 

I'm suppose to go to a baby shower with my daughter tomorrow that believes all of this and I'm afraid to be in the car with her and the conversation we'll have and what I might say to damage it. I will try to not bring it up, but I'm sad that something like this has put a wedge in between me and her and a few of my close friends as well. 

We can do both:

What? NO! Haven’t we suffered enough?

And to getting back to fighting off ennui and depression:

3 hours ago, Tacenda said:

I find that sticking to "that's very interesting" and "I'll consider that" and "I don't agree but thanks for sharing" to be good ways to get along with those who are adamant about arguing their perspective with you.

5 hours ago, bluebell said:

I find that sticking to "that's very interesting" and "I'll consider that" and "I don't agree but thanks for sharing" to be good ways to get along with those who are adamant about arguing their perspective with you.

Thanks bluebell, good advice!!

I hope this is okay to post, but I'm alot worried about the coming days. According to the article, this is far from over. I've started watching Cobra Kai, don't laugh, and it's a roller coaster ride of two groups fighting, I feel like that is happening in real time. They mention this will happen in SLC, Utah's capitol as well, among a few others. Maybe that's why I feel like the world is crumbling, because it's so close to home. And affects those I'm close to.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2021/01/09/trump-twitter-protests/?fbclid=IwAR150RW8cqH_nmqdhz6Kn6btqje5LHPZGbNI8SlJdoCuRIMEvRdFdV79mcg

https://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/chris-99178053752?cid=sm_npd_ms_fb_ai&fbclid=IwAR21YbV1XUJT2huELQODK_DImZ9smpNGcPNCM8u_2Y-CyKEVBmtkRpDTFeI

This is far more than a political thing. 

But this is the most uncanny thing I've seen yet, how does The Simpson's show keep predicting the future, mind blowing if true. 

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/771669-the-simpsons-seemingly-predicted-the-capitol-hill-siege-in-a-1996-episode?fbclid=IwAR1zbnH4N4NHquUNLRomGBuewge_cu3jB-i_-IMpBX5hJgUCQJjNhdaf9OY

Edited by Tacenda