Seriously No Politics ×

Elder Renlund releases video, on COVID compassion and temple work

3 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

yet some how, folks are critical of Renlund's statements, suggesting he is being political.  

We have solid folks leaving the church from our ward because they think the prophets have lost it over this issue.  It's tragic.

If they are leaving the church and their covenants because church leaders (who happen to be medical professionals) recommend wearing masks, I wouldn't use the word "solid" as an adjective to describe these people. 

Who knew that a simple fabric face covering (a sign of Christ like love, as Elder Renlund put it) would be a sifter of the last days?

I do agree it is tragic, however.  

I have always struggled with the temple.  Funny how these take me one step closer to being rid of the struggle.

I love how the Lord looks out for us spiritually AND temporally.  

I like Elder Bednar's line, "we do not come to the temple to hide from or escape the evils of the world. Rather we come to receive the power of Godliness through priesthood ordinances that enable us to confront and conquer the world of evil.

Edited by Rain
On 12/8/2020 at 7:33 AM, MustardSeed said:

yet some how, folks are critical of Renlund's statements, suggesting he is being political.  

We have solid folks leaving the church from our ward because they think the prophets have lost it over this issue.  It's tragic.

They have other gods they have a greater desire to please. It is doubtful the pandemic created the situation. It just clarified the hierarchy.

On 12/9/2020 at 5:41 AM, The Nehor said:

They have other gods they have a greater desire to please. It is doubtful the pandemic created the situation. It just clarified the hierarchy.

Perhaps, but personally for me, knowing these folks fairly well, I am shaken up by it and reminded that none of us are exempt from pride being a threat. 

3 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

Perhaps, but personally for me, knowing these folks fairly well, I am shaken up by it and reminded that none of us are exempt from pride being a threat. 

Sometimes that pride really sneaks in on you.  It amazes me how many times I have found it in myself in places I wouldn't have guessed.