Seriously No Politics ×

Jesus volunteered His life to save his people; Coriantumr offered everything but his life

On 11/28/2020 at 4:06 PM, nuclearfuels said:

Jesus volunteered His life for others; Coriantumr offered everything but his life, to save his people

Think about it

"Volunteer" strikes me as a poor choice of words. Jesus taking upon himself flesh, leaving His throne above and separating Himself from His power and majesty to come to the earth as a mere mortal and suffer every kind of pain and temptation to finally die as a perfect sacrifice for the sins of mankind as to satisfy the demands of the law. All of which was intentional, part of the eternal plan of the Father, Jesus being the cornerstone of said plan. 

"O the wisdom of God, his mercy and grace! For behold, if the flesh should rise no more our spirits must become subject to that angel who fell from before the presence of the Eternal God, and became the devil, to rise no more." 2 Ne 9:8.

Coriantumr was a fool. Later, too late in fact, he came to realize the curse and judgement of God upon his people on account of their wickedness and disobedience. A sad tale. I am at a loss in terms of your rather obscure attempted comparison.

20 hours ago, Islander said:

"Volunteer" strikes me as a poor choice of words. Jesus taking upon himself flesh, leaving His throne above and separating Himself from His power and majesty to come to the earth as a mere mortal and suffer every kind of pain and temptation to finally die as a perfect sacrifice for the sins of mankind as to satisfy the demands of the law. All of which was intentional, part of the eternal plan of the Father, Jesus being the cornerstone of said plan. 

"O the wisdom of God, his mercy and grace! For behold, if the flesh should rise no more our spirits must become subject to that angel who fell from before the presence of the Eternal God, and became the devil, to rise no more." 2 Ne 9:8.

Coriantumr was a fool. Later, too late in fact, he came to realize the curse and judgement of God upon his people on account of their wickedness and disobedience. A sad tale. I am at a loss in terms of your rather obscure attempted comparison.

Lost....lost.....

Makes me wonder: are our political leaders responsible / to blame . to credit even partially for our collective righteousness / wickedness?

I'd rather not be affilliated with any of them on the other side of the veil...or this side, really.

On 12/2/2020 at 8:22 PM, nuclearfuels said:

Lost....lost.....

Makes me wonder: are our political leaders responsible / to blame . to credit even partially for our collective righteousness / wickedness?

I'd rather not be affilliated with any of them on the other side of the veil...or this side, really.

You missed the point because you are "spiritualizing" the passage and reading it out of context. Israel was set up as a theocracy. And God DID held their leaders responsible for the course of the nation. It was the religious and political leaders that led the nation astray. Read Matthew 5. Jesus rebukes the leadership of the nation in the harshest words found in scriptures. John the Baptist called them "brood of vipers". So, in their case, yes, they were responsible.