I'm so glad I have my husband

Thanks for the thread! I feel more comfortable posting on this board. I like that Pres. Nelson is asking us to think of our blessings, in a time that is so fraught with sadness. It makes us push through for the light at the end of the tunnel!

To start with, I'm grateful for health, and pain free bodies! Today I injured my back playing pickle ball. I tweaked my back, and I think it stemmed from lifting my 15 month old grand daughter all day yesterday, I babysit her on Thursdays. 

I always tend to really feel grateful for the pain/ill free days on days that I have pain or am ill! Always! I guess I should have been more grateful when I'm doing well too! 

Going to tend her all weekend too coming up, my daughter/son in law are going to California. So here goes...

Edited by Tacenda

I love this post. I am with you, I am so glad my husband and I pushed through the difficult times so far. It's still really difficult at the moment, living separately since he works in a different country from where our children need to be, but we are close and our relationship is good.

Also it warms my heart to see someone else who doesn't do hashtags. LOL.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

#GiveThanks I'm glad you have your husband, too. :)  Recently, I read President Ezra Taft Benson's "To the Single Adult Brethren of the Church" of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  In a way, I wish I hadn't.  It hews to the line that, since social custom dictates that Brethren do the asking, any Brother who dies single is destined for an eternity of lesser blessings. 

Awhile back, I had a debate with someone on here (I can't remember who, but I think he was a hit-and-run, one-thread poster: I don't think I've seen his handle pop up in any other threads), and he said, in essence, "Yeah, my fate, pretty much, is sealed, because I had a chance at a celestial marriage and didn't take it," while I took the position, "It's entirely possible that someone will perform those ordinances for you and your wife after your demise, if it comes to that."  And he said, "No, no, no.  All of the Brethren say it's too late."

As much as I might feel I'm on the outside looking in as a long-term bachelor in a family Church, I don't want the Brethren to stop extolling the virtues and blessings of the ideal.  Preach them freely, emphatically, and unapologetically.  And if Brother Brigham and some of his successors are right and, indeed, I am (contrary to my own feelings or inspiration on the matter) destined for an eternity of "lesser blessings," definitely, it beats roasting in Hell :diablo: for eternity.  As President James E. Faust said, "Come what may, and love it!" ;)  #GiveThanks

Added some hashtags, though I doubt it will make any difference, but, what the heck?! #GiveThanks I'm grateful I belong to a Heavenly Family, to an Earthly Family, and to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, which teaches that the family is the basic unit of the Church ... even if I have been ignored by the Female of the Species.  Heh-heh! #GiveThanks

Edited by Kenngo1969
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Meadowchik said:

I love this post. I am with you, I am so glad my husband and I pushed through the difficult times so far. It's still really difficult at the moment, living separately since he works in a different country from where our children need to be, but we are close and our relationship is good.

Also it warms my heart to see someone else who doesn't do hashtags. LOL.

That's tough.  You have my admiration. :)

I don't use hashtags because I don't get it. Oh well. I'm grateful for my wife of 47 years. Too bad we aren't sealed. Oh well. I know when I talk to God He understands.

• Like 2
On 11/21/2020 at 1:01 PM, Kenngo1969 said:

#GiveThanks I'm glad you have your husband, too. :)  Recently, I read President Ezra Taft Benson's "To the Single Adult Brethren of the Church" of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  In a way, I wish I hadn't.  It hews to the line that, since social custom dictates that Brethren do the asking, any Brother who dies single is destined for an eternity of lesser blessings. 

Awhile back, I had a debate with someone on here (I can't remember who, but I think he was a hit-and-run, one-thread poster: I don't think I've seen his handle pop up in any other threads), and he said, in essence, "Yeah, my fate, pretty much, is sealed, because I had a chance at a celestial marriage and didn't take it," while I took the position, "It's entirely possible that someone will perform those ordinances for you and your wife after your demise, if it comes to that."  And he said, "No, no, no.  All of the Brethren say it's too late."

As much as I might feel I'm on the outside looking in as a long-term bachelor in a family Church, I don't want the Brethren to stop extolling the virtues and blessings of the ideal.  Preach them freely, emphatically, and unapologetically.  And if Brother Brigham and some of his successors are right and, indeed, I am (contrary to my own feelings or inspiration on the matter) destined for an eternity of "lesser blessings," definitely, it beats roasting in Hell :diablo: for eternity.  As President James E. Faust said, "Come what may, and love it!" ;)  #GiveThanks

Added some hashtags, though I doubt it will make any difference, but, what the heck?! #GiveThanks I'm grateful I belong to a Heavenly Family, to an Earthly Family, and to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, which teaches that the family is the basic unit of the Church ... even if I have been ignored by the Female of the Species.  Heh-heh! #GiveThanks

For what it's worth, I really don't think you'll be punished or destined for lesser blessings.  I mean, seriously, some people just don't find people.  It's not like you're whoring around or something as to avoid a commitment. Thanks for your thoughts - :)

1 minute ago, MustardSeed said:

For what it's worth, I really don't think you'll be punished or destined for lesser blessings.  I mean, seriously, some people just don't find people.  It's not like you're whoring around or something as to avoid a commitment. Thanks for your thoughts - :)

Thanks.  I hope you're right, but, as I say, whatever I get, I'm sure it will beat roasting in hell! ;) :D 

• Thanks 1