Seriously No Politics ×

Is there a way to start a thread, “anonymously”, in short remove “oneself” altogether from it? Short of

In another thread, I soon realized, and once I removed myself and my thoughts from the thread, it began to flourish. Having lost confidence in my own ability to make myself understood. then, I realized that I can much write much less, and hopefully inspire discussion, among other members. I don’t wish to create a sock-puppet. So if someone here, or maybe a Mod, it would be help teach me how to be more effective. 

You answered your own question. If you want to talk about yourself do it in Social Hall. Sock puppets are banned.

Shorter, but more posts might be helpful. I think in general there are less misunderstandings occurring from shorter posts.

By that I don’t mean incompletely describing a situation in the first post and then filling in details later, but first narrowing the topic so it can be addressed in small bites and then move on to another part of the overall topic you want to discuss after you feel the first section of it has been addressed enough. 

19 hours ago, Calm said:

Shorter, but more posts might be helpful. I think in general there are less misunderstandings occurring from shorter posts.

By that I don’t mean incompletely describing a situation in the first post and then filling in details later, but first narrowing the topic so it can be addressed in small bites and then move on to another part of the overall topic you want to discuss after you feel the first section of it has been addressed enough. 

Good advice, but I think it is better to only reply to other threads, other than creating my own in the future. Either way, in the future, I will leave a much smaller footprint, from now on. 

Edited by Bill “Papa” Lee