Seriously No Politics ×

New video on second coming

I don’t post here often, I’m more of a lurker. There is another Latter-day Saint forum I participate on due to its smaller community, but this particular topic has interested me and I wanted inputs from a larger array of people.

Some of my friends have recently been obsessed with this new video out out by a Latter Day Saint on the second coming. I’ve always been uninterested and frankly annoyed by any claims to predict the second coming or becoming enthralled with signs of the times. I’ve found that those that obsess over the second coming do so, ironically, at the expense of all other aspects of the gospel.

I promised one of my friends I would humor him and watch the video... I have to say, despite by biased against this topic, it is quite interesting. At its worst he is inviting everyone to repent and prepare for the second coming or Christ (supposedly this coming spring).

Does anyone know anything about this guy and if he has had things like these in the past? He seems to be just some random Saint that made a YT account just for this occasion.

Edited by Fether

The one thing I appreciate is how he produces this timeline through a particular theory, while stating he will produce another video based on another theory. In other words, it seems like he’s investigating rather than pushing a pet theory. 

I’d be great if everything wraps up by 2024. Somehow I doubt it. Although, we will know next Spring if there’s anything to this video. 

On 10/26/2020 at 9:09 PM, Fether said:

I don’t post here often, I’m more of a lurker. There is another Latter-day Saint forum I participate on due to its smaller community, but this particular topic has interested me and I wanted inputs from a larger array of people.

Some of my friends have recently been obsessed with this new video out out by a Latter Day Saint on the second coming. I’ve always been uninterested and frankly annoyed by any claims to predict the second coming or becoming enthralled with signs of the times. I’ve found that those that obsess over the second coming do so, ironically, at the expense of all other aspects of the gospel.

I promised one of my friends I would humor him and watch the video... I have to say, despite by biased against this topic, it is quite interesting. At its worst he is inviting everyone to repent and prepare for the second coming or Christ (supposedly this coming spring).

Does anyone know anything about this guy and if he has had things like these in the past? He seems to be just some random Saint that made a YT account just for this occasion.

I find it pretty amazing how he manages to come so close to the right time, in such a wrong way... viz a viz his placing Daniel 9 as a second coming prophecy. That is just so wrong. The Jews were given 70 weeks to build up the city and the temple to the Messiah in Daniel 9. That is what happened. He ignores that the prophecy says at the end of the 70 weeks the desolator would destroy the city, and that in the midst of the week the sacrifice would cease. This happened 2000 years ago in the 7 years war in the midst of which, 70 AD, the temple was destroyed by the Romans and the daily sacrifice ceased. Daniel 9 has essentially nothing to do with the second coming, although the last verse will be fulfilled after the 2nd coming.

2 hours ago, RevTestament said:

I find it pretty amazing how he manages to come so close to the right time, in such a wrong way... viz a viz his placing Daniel 9 as a second coming prophecy. That is just so wrong. The Jews were given 70 weeks to build up the city and the temple to the Messiah in Daniel 9. That is what happened. He ignores that the prophecy says at the end of the 70 weeks the desolator would destroy the city, and that in the midst of the week the sacrifice would cease. This happened 2000 years ago in the 7 years war in the midst of which, 70 AD, the temple was destroyed by the Romans and the daily sacrifice ceased. Daniel 9 has essentially nothing to do with the second coming, although the last verse will be fulfilled after the 2nd coming.

Do you have any references for that interpretation?

Now I would spend 2 hours if this was by Terryl Givens, but.....  it's not.

On 10/27/2020 at 5:35 AM, The Nehor said:

So when is it happening? I can't waste two hours watching that. I have much important things to waste two hours on.

Never put off until tomorrow

what you can put off until the day after tomorrow.

On 10/26/2020 at 9:41 PM, carbon dioxide said:

WOW, that is about 2 hours long.  I don't know if I can sit through something that long without lots of car chases and things blowing up.

If you double the speed it only takes an hour. 😊

7 hours ago, rodheadlee said:

Do you have any references for that interpretation?

After Nebuchadnezzar destroyed Jerusalem, the Hebrews returned to Jerusalem in two main migrations, but Daniel stayed in the capitol of the Persians. The first migration under Zerubbabel had commission to rebuild the Temple [known as the Temple of Zerubbabel]. The commission came through king Cyrus of Persia in his first year to build an house at Jerusalem to the LORD God. Cyrus the king brought the vessels of gold and silver king Nebuchadnezzar had taken, and gave them to Sheshbazzar, the prince of Judah (Zerubbabel), to be taken to Jerusalem. Ezra 1. Zerubbabel led forth the families listed in Ezra 2 to Judah. By the seventh month the people were in their cities, and gathered in Jerusalem where Zerubbabel directed them first in building an altar. Then according to the grant of Cyrus king of Persia, they began collecting wood and materials to rebuild the Temple. Ezra 3. Apparently the rebuilding effort stopped or slowed during the eight year reign of Cambyses. In the sixth month of the second year of Darius the spirit of the LORD was stirred in Zerubbabel through the words of Haggai, to finish the Temple. Apparently, by this time Zerubbabel was recognized as governor of Judah. Haggai 1. The Temple was finished under Darius, king of Persia (who renewed the decree of Cyrus or possibly Darius II), on the third day of the month Adar in the sixth year of Darius. Ezra 6. The second migration returned under Ezra, the scribe, who left Babylon the first day of the first month in the seventh year of king Artaxerxes, who ruled after Darius I, and therefore after Daniel's account. Ezra 7:7-9. They were commissioned by the LORD and king Artaxerxes to beautify the Temple by a letter found in Ezra 7.

However, in the twentieth year of king Artaxerxes, Nehemiah learned of the troublous times of his people: "The remnant that are left of the captivity there in the province are in great affliction and reproach: the wall of Jerusalem also is broken down, and the gates thereof are burned with fire." Nehemiah 1:1-3. King Artaxerxes saw his troubled countenance, and Nehemiah told him it was because Jerusalem lay waste, and the gates lay burnt. So the king prepared a letter to the keeper of his forest to cut timber for the rebuilding, and sent Nehemiah to Jerusalem. Nehemiah 2:1-8. When he arrived, he found the city in a state of waste. He told the people what God had put in his heart to do, and called the people to rebuild. Nehemiah 2:17-8. But these were troublous times. When the Arabians, the Ammonites, the Ashdodites, and Tobiah, and Sanballat heard of the rebuilding, they came to fight against Jerusalem, so Nehemiah "...set the people after their families with their swords, their spears, and their bows." Nehemiah 4:7,8,13. "So the wall was finished in the twenty and fifth day of the month Elul, in fifty and two days." Nehemiah 6:15. "Now the city was large and great: but the people were few therein, and the houses were not builded." Nehemiah 7:4.

Cyrus II (the Great) reigned from 549-530 B.C.; Cambyses II from 530-522 B.C.; Darius from 522-486 B.C.; and Xerxes from 486-465 B.C. The commandment to rebuild the walls and the city was to Nehemiah in the twentieth year of Artaxerxes. Artaxerxes I ruled from 465 B.C. to 424 B.C.[Encyclopedia Americana, v.21, pp.733.] His twentieth year was 445 B.C. This is about when Old Testament prophecy stopped. This is the beginning of the seventy weeks, which commence with seven weeks (7 x 7 = 49 days/years) to restore and rebuild Jerusalem (when the walls are rebuilt) unto the Messiah, which brings us to 396 B.C. After the second period of threescore and two weeks the Messiah is cut off. Sixty two weeks equals 434 days or prophetic years, which brings us to 38 Anno Domini (according to Roman dating). After His ascension our Lord continued to periodically speak to His apostles, and personally called Paul as a disciple. He then was cut off for awhile, and the Holy Spirit did His work. So the third and last period of the seventy weeks is not consecutive. "Then said I, I will not feed you: that that dieth, let it die; and that that is to be cut off, let it be cut off; and let the rest eat every one the flesh of another. And I took my staff, even Beauty, and cut it asunder, that I might break my covenant which I had made with all the people. And it was broken in that day: and so the poor of the flock that waited upon me knew that is was the word of the LORD. And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver. And the LORD said unto me, Cast it unto the potter: a goodly price that I was prised at of them. And I took the thirty pieces of silver, and cast them to the potter in the house of the LORD. Then I cut asunder mine other staff, even Bands, that I might break the brotherhood between Judah and Israel." Zechariah 11:9-14.

The third period is a period of only one week (7 years) when he shall confirm the covenant with many. This is a prophecy of the seven year Jewish war beginning under the reign of Nero. One might say He began to confirm the covenant in Rome in the autumn of 63 A.D. or 64 A.D., when many Christians were called to confirm their covenants with our Lord, and were sacrificed under Nero who chose to blame the Christians for the great fire in Rome. A tradition places the sacrifice of Peter in 67 A.D., rather than 64 A.D. However, this prophecy was directed specifically to the Jews, some of whom had accepted Jesus Christ (Acts 11,12). In the Holy Land the Jewish war did not start until approximately August 15, 66 A.D., when Antonia was attacked, although some argue that it began with the unrest in Jerusalem and its surroundings in approximately May, 66. For the dates concerning the Jewish war I rely on the history of Josephus, the Jewish historian to the Romans. His history uses Macedonian (Greek) names for the months of the year which seem to correspond best with an accurate date if imposed upon the Roman months of the year. If, alternatively the Macedonian name is imposed on the Tyrian system or on the luni-solar calender, the date may vary up to one half month from the date I use herein (Roman). In the spring of the 13th year of Nero, 67 A.D., Vespasian, who is the seventh crown of the great red dragon, was sent to subdue the Hebrews. He began by taking cities and fortresses in Galilee: Jotapata, Japha, Garizim, Tarichaeae, and Gamala. After the death of Nero, Vespasian left his invasion of Judaea in 69 A.D., and returned to defeat Vitellius and become emperor. He then sent his son, Titus.

In the midst of the week, that is in the fourth or middle year, He causes the sacrifice and oblation to cease. The fourth year of the war would be August 15, 69 A.D., to August 14, 70 A.D. According to Josephus, Titus took the outer wall of Jerusalem on May 7, 70. The Temple sacrifice ceased on 17 Panemus, which would correspond with July 17, 70 A.D. Titus burned the Temple on August 10 (10 Lous), 70 A.D. Then the prophesied desolation began. On September 8 (8 Gorpaeus), 70 A.D., Titus took the upper city of Jerusalem. According to Tacitus 600,000 Jews perished. According to Josephus the Romans killed 1,197,000 Jews in the siege and the aftermath of revolts. About 97,000 captives were sold as slaves, or died as unwilling gladiators in the Roman games. The city walls were destroyed. The Jewish War continued until the fall of Masada in 73 A.D.

On 10/27/2020 at 5:29 AM, Bob Crockett said:

In the first 30 seconds I could see he had the name of the Church wrong. 

Not a good sign.

1 hour ago, JAHS said:

If you double the speed it only takes an hour. 😊

See now if I had a transcript we could probably that that down to 15 minutes.  ;)

I listened to an hour of it so far. The thing I worry about the most is missing getting caught up because we are not sealed and have have no Temple recommend. 

But if I was going to be caught up and my parents and my brothers and sisters were still going to be here I would want to stay and help them get through the Great Tribulation.

1 hour ago, rodheadlee said:

I listened to an hour of it so far. The thing I worry about the most is missing getting caught up because we are not sealed and have have no Temple recommend. 

But if I was going to be caught up and my parents and my brothers and sisters were still going to be here I would want to stay and help them get through the Great Tribulation.

Ok, it seems that the translated people will be sent bsck down , after a training session, to help us make it through the second half of the Great Tribulation.  This is at the 1 hour 8 minute mark. So my fears have no basis. I could get translated and then come back down and help my family.