If you have a missionary out (esp if you are from AZ)

Rain

Just found out on my missionary moms board that many missionaries (so far all are from AZ as far as I can see) are getting "voter registration" forms asking for SS#. They are being mailed to the mission homes and the return address (just address, no name) is the same as a door to door sales company.  Edit: just looked at it is or was also the address of a law office.

You may want to let your missionaries know so they don't fill it out for what seems to be a scam.

Edited by Rain
  • Upvote 1

You need to report this to the authorities. 

• Upvote 2
13 minutes ago, Bernard Gui said:

You need to report this to the authorities. 

I don't know if my son got one or not yet.  The first mom has reported it to AZ AG.  It sounds like others are reporting it too. Several of us are letting our mission presidents and church leaders know. If I find out my son got one as well I will report that to government officials as well.  

• Upvote 3
On 10/16/2020 at 10:18 PM, Rain said:

Just found out on my missionary moms board that many missionaries (so far all are from AZ as far as I can see) are getting "voter registration" forms asking for SS#. They are being mailed to the mission homes and the return address (just address, no name) is the same as a door to door sales company.  Edit: just looked at it is or was also the address of a law office.

You may want to let your missionaries know so they don't fill it out for what seems to be a scam.

How would scammers get ahold of a list of currently serving missionaries, the mission they are serving in, and the address of the mission home?  Seems really strange.

3 hours ago, ksfisher said:

How would scammers get ahold of a list of currently serving missionaries, the mission they are serving in, and the address of the mission home?  Seems really strange.

Perhaps not a scam, but certainly not from official sources.  She showed the envelope and it had an address, but didn't show where it was from. 

I just looked at the official registration form you can print off. It looks like the one shown in the picture of the OP. I'm guessing that someone who has access to church records took it on themselves to print off a bunch and then sent them to missionaries on their own.

Either way, this is not cool.