“There is enough meat in the storehouse”, the question is; why does it anger so many, in and out of “The Church”?

In Malachi 3: 10-11, reads...

“Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he will not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts.” (I hope I quoted this correctly, as I often make errors)

In a couple of recent threads, smilingly out of nowhere, there were comments, that were very different than the thread title. A few that were not even addressing the comments of other poster’s. These comments were directed solely, or in part, at “Church Finances”, and were completely out of context. One was a generalized assessment of our (The Church’s) day to day output, although expressed via conjecture, since few really know the numbers, of both time and money spent, and distributed by Latter-day Saint Charities. The other post, seemed (or was) a very abrupt, and angry post, meant as a judgement,  concerning, both “our day to day finances”, and what the poster viewed as our, “vast, and unnecessary  wealth”. One that suggested that maybe the Church must feel, (or suppose) that the “The Church”, believes that maybe they could “somehow purchase their collective salvation”, (too paraphrase). Even though such comments appear here are rare, but even though rare, the angry comments, still “sing and wound deeply”. They always appear in, or on, both anti-Mormon websites, and most certainly following newspaper articles, in the comments section. When expressed here, still very angry comment, still hurts. This because we cannot answer questions about finances, and arguments are usually a harsh oversimplification. 

My remaining comments will be single sentences, or short paragraphs, this way each poster can easily do edits, addressing only the line items that they wish to address. 

During the Saturday afternoon session of General Conference, at approximately “ 11:00AM EST) “Elder W Christopher Waddell, 1st  Counselor in the Presiding Bishopric,  (probably his last sermon) .was placed on “Emeritus Status.  Knowing this would probably be his last General Conference address, I listened more closely. Throughout Secular and Scriptural history, most who believe, it is their last, before a large audience, pick the best if topics, and that which they view as the most important of all things. So Elder Waddell chose to speak, of being prepared. In his talk, he spoke of a meeting, where President Nelson (probably the entire First Counselor, along with the First Bishopric, they expressed concern, (the best would I can use) about the “Church Finances”,  and our ability to provided in these most difficult times. A time while there will be a much great demand, where ever fewer pay their tithes at all. The happy ending of this exchange can be defined in one simple phrase. “There is meat in mine Storehouse”. The reason for this answer, is because our Church, teaches what it preaches”. It is a wonderful story for the many who (as of late) are angry that this once “dirt poor”, Church and People”, are now able to provide for the “poorest” among us. Even th angry, we will feed! We are just silly like this, and we are able to do this, because of, “The Law f the Tithe”, also just because we are happy to give. 

How is wealth accumulated? We are property owners, due to our teaching and our commandments. If I am not correct, every Church, and every Temple, is paid the day it is built. This way we do not carry a large debt. When the work is done, and properly finished, we give our contractors their money, “in full”. So much of our wealth, is counted in real estate. We also owned lots of commercial products, used for canning facilities, also for Bishop’s Storehouses. Parts of such buildings, have offices for professional “Marriages Counselors”. There have been 1,000’s+Stake Centers, with pavilions have been built, so members can plat, and have activities. Believe it r not, a simple search will allow members to see the homes of Latter-day Saints Leadership. As a result, unless any leader acquired wealth, or nice homes prior to their callings, it is very easy to see that the money we pay in tithes, does not, or is not used to make others rich. So angry outbursts, from other members is difficult to understand. 

Having grown up in a small “one room Church”, where offerings each Sunday, while counted on the Altar, being the norm. It is comforting to know that our Church is able to pay for, and assist the life of any members in need. In fact, the entire time I attended Church, in that one room, if we had to go to the bathroom, it was an “outhouse”, and no running water. Early in my Military career, around early 1977, they finally got bathroom on the back of the building. We still had to go outside. As it relates to this thread, wealth is measured differently. I have debated many here and elsewhere, they are very angry at our Temples. I once asked a friend, who was very inactive, but he was also wealthy. He told me, “I will never give a dime to a Church, who spends so much money of their Temples, while there are starving people in the world”. His parents had gone inactive, so when I ask why in he know “ why Temples we built betters”? He did not much of anything, he had however worked as lead Electrical Engineer for building the Atlanta Temple, before his parents died and left him the money. So, his answer was, “any religion who would baptize someone after they we dead, is just crazy”! I tried to explain, but he told me, “I designed the lighting for the very room, for the baptismal font, for the dead is located”. 

This is not even the end, the Church is planning, and always has for the real tribulations to come. This test right now, is just a trail run. much more difficulty is yet to come. As a result, the Church will continue to prepare, and continue to add to their wealth, as the live the law of the Gospel. Some will of course become bitter, while others will rejoice when they benefit from the preparation and diligence of our leadership. 

During the 2020 year, I have been called up, and was able to assist all of my children. Last year and before, I have found out, and overheard my children, “mummer” among themselves, that “we” (there parents) have had more money than we have admitted. Even, as a result of their ‘mummering”, my wife has suggested that we help them, more of course that we already have. However, my wife and I, have felt the requests we too much, or the time not at hand where we should, or could help them with their needs. However this truly strange year of 2020, things have become extremely desperate. As a result, our many years of holding back, and not rushing it, each time we were called, has allowed us to step in. Thankfully, and happily we have been able to helped NOT with that which was, simply “desired”. but we were able to provide that which was truly “needed”. 

This post is so much longer than most, so place forgive any and all errors. Also, for any who can add to this, thank you in advance. 

Bill “Papa” Lee

• Upvote 3
5 hours ago, Bill “Papa” Lee said:

In Malachi 3: 10-11, reads...

“Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he will not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts.” (I hope I quoted this correctly, as I often make errors)

In a couple of recent threads, ............, there were comments, that were very different than the thread title. A few that were not even addressing the comments of other poster’s. These comments were directed solely, or in part, at “Church Finances”, and were completely out of context. One was a generalized assessment of our (The Church’s) day to day output, although expressed via conjecture, since few really know the numbers, of both time and money spent, and distributed by Latter-day Saint Charities. The other post, seemed (or was) a very abrupt, and angry post, meant as a judgement,  concerning, both “our day to day finances”, and what the poster viewed as our, “vast, and unnecessary  wealth”. One that suggested that maybe the Church must feel, (or suppose) that the “The Church”, believes that maybe they could “somehow purchase their collective salvation”, ...........

During the Saturday afternoon session of General Conference, at approximately “ 11:00AM EST) “Elder W Christopher Waddell, 1st  Counselor in the Presiding Bishopric,  (probably his last sermon) .was placed on “Emeritus Status.  Knowing this would probably be his last General Conference address, I listened more closely. Throughout Secular and Scriptural history, most who believe, it is their last, before a large audience, pick the best if topics, and that which they view as the most important of all things. So Elder Waddell chose to speak, of being prepared. In his talk, he spoke of a meeting, where President Nelson (probably the entire First Counselor, along with the First Bishopric, they expressed concern, (the best would I can use) about the “Church Finances”,  and our ability to provided in these most difficult times. A time while there will be a much great demand, where ever fewer pay their tithes at all. .......................

I thought he said that giving had actually increased among LDS Church members.

How is wealth accumulated? We are property owners, due to our teaching and our commandments. If I am not correct, every Church, and every Temple, is paid the day it is built. This way we do not carry a large debt. When the work is done, and properly finished, we give our contractors their money, “in full”. So much of our wealth, is counted in real estate. We also owned lots of commercial products, used for canning facilities, also for Bishop’s Storehouses. Parts of such buildings, have offices for professional “Marriages Counselors”. There have been 1,000’s+Stake Centers, with pavilions have been built, so members can plat, and have activities. Believe it r not, a simple search will allow members to see the homes of Latter-day Saints Leadership. As a result, unless any leader acquired wealth, or nice homes prior to their callings, it is very easy to see that the money we pay in tithes, does not, or is not used to make others rich. So angry outbursts, from other members is difficult to understand

The anger from Satan's minions is normal, and it stems from envy and greed.

....................... I have debated many here and elsewhere, they are very angry at our Temples. I once asked a friend, who was very inactive, but he was also wealthy. He told me, “I will never give a dime to a Church, who spends so much money of their Temples, while there are starving people in the world”. His parents had gone inactive, so when I ask why in he know “ why Temples we built betters”? He did not much of anything, he had however worked as lead Electrical Engineer for building the Atlanta Temple, before his parents died and left him the money. So, his answer was, “any religion who would baptize someone after they we dead, is just crazy”! I tried to explain, but he told me, “I designed the lighting for the very room, for the baptismal font, for the dead is located”. 

This guy made himself the measure of all things, lacking simple respect for the beliefs of others.  He likely considers his fellow Latter-day Saints as chumps and losers.

During the 2020 year, I have been called up, and was able to assist all of my children. Last year and before, I have found out, and overheard my children, “mummer” among themselves, that “we” (there parents) have had more money than we have admitted. Even, as a result of their ‘mummering”, my wife has suggested that we help them, more of course that we already have. However, my wife and I, have felt the requests we too much, or the time not at hand where we should, or could help them with their needs. However this truly strange year of 2020, things have become extremely desperate. As a result, our many years of holding back, and not rushing it, each time we were called, has allowed us to step in. Thankfully, and happily we have been able to helped NOT with that which was, simply “desired”. but we were able to provide that which was truly “needed”. ...............

The Law of the Harvest is very clear:  As you sow, so shall you reap.  Marxists get angry and demand that they receive the product of someone else's labor, and when it is generously given to them they get angry because of the humiliation of having to receive goods from someone else.  It shows them up as lazy.  Therefore they point the finger of accusation at their industrious and generous neighbors.

• Upvote 2
19 hours ago, Kenngo1969 said:

I'm glad that you've been able to help your family, Bro. Lee.  Best to you and yours.

It is a very uneven trade, they give us “JOY”, and all we have to do is help them financially. So my wife and I, are getting the better part of the deal. We are only able to do this, by following the counsel of Church Leadership, and because we have followed the “Law of the Tithe”. We do soooooooooo little, and for that we get unconditional love, and grandchildren to boot, they might believe they get a lot, but what they give us, is 100 fold. 

• Upvote 1
21 hours ago, rodheadlee said:

Your children are lucky to have parents like you Papa. Thanks for reminding me to pay the tithes out the paycheck I just got.

I am just a nobody , just who listens to our Leadership, and who reads m scriptures. Nothing to see here, just move along. Sorry for the pun, I had to thrown a cop saying. 

• Like 1